Which signature dining experience?

danyoung56

The California Grill is my favorite restaurant on the planet. The beef filet is melt-in-your-mouth cut-with-a-fork incredible, and their sushi is really fresh and tasty. The view is incredible, too, looking out over the boats and monorails of the Seven Seas Lagoon. Plan on finishing around fireworks time, and go out on the balcony and enjoy Wishes above the MK. Just an amazing experience!

slappy magoo

Cali Grill is not only my wife's favorite restaurant at WDW, it's one of her favorite restaurants, period.

FYI, if you're able to get a seat at Cali Grill, but NOT during the time when Wishes will occur...they stamp your receipt so, if you choose, you can head back up a few minutes beforehand and enjoy the view from either the lounge or the outdoor viewing area. Also, if your reservations are later, AFTER Wishes occurs, you can go up early and have a drink at the bar, so you're there when Wishes happens, then continue to enjoy your drink until your seat is ready. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will let us know, but there is a bar/lounge area up there, and I see plenty of people hanging out even after fireworks so it seems it's open to the general public.

bee

Also, if your reservations are later, AFTER Wishes occurs, you can go up early and have a drink at the bar, so you're there when Wishes happens, then continue to enjoy your drink until your seat is ready. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure someone will let us know, but there is a bar/lounge area up there, and I see plenty of people hanging out even after fireworks so it seems it's open to the general public.
The only problem with going to the bar early is it can fill up to capacity, especially around fireworks time. BUT if you have a late reservation I believe (haven't tried it myself) you can still go to the balcony even if there's no room at the lounge after the reception desk verifies your reservation.

OP, I would go with California Grill as I think everyone should try it at least once.

lemon meringue

I plan on waking up at 5am (my time) 180 days out to make reservations, but I have friends who still aren't able to get reservations doing this! I'm hoping to get Be Our Guest as well.
I usually get everything we want including Cali Grill and BOG being I do them right at my 180+10 at 6am eastern online and 7am eastern for the phone. You should be fine but if you don't get everything keep trying up until even the day prior to your desired day and you should be able to snag it. ;)

I agree with @sxeensweet that you shouldn't give up if you can't get exactly what you want at the 180 day mark. I've often had luck a week or two before our trips with some of the most difficult reservations to get. Last trip, I got CRT prepark opening at the last minute. ( I did hit the refresh button somewhere around 600 times though :) ). Plans change and people have to cancel. If you really want it, check back often. Best of Luck

Hockey89

V&A is the best place on property but a mile... Noting comes close for service or atmosphere... Wont have a screaming kids... It's a treasure.

I usually get everything we want including Cali Grill and BOG being I do them right at my 180+10 at 6am eastern online and 7am eastern for the phone. You should be fine but if you don't get everything keep trying up until even the day prior to your desired day and you should be able to snag it. ;)
I was just told today that my ADRs could be booked at the 180 mark - no +10 (I specifically asked). Have you experienced this via phone? Getting a little concerned. My 180 + 10 is May 21. My 180 is May 31. Booking ADRs is by far my least favorite part of planning. :confused:

lemon meringue

I was just told today that my ADRs could be booked at the 180 mark - no +10 (I specifically asked). Have you experienced this via phone? Getting a little concerned. My 180 + 10 is May 21. My 180 is May 31. Booking ADRs is by far my least favorite part of planning. :confused:
180+10 means that you can make reservations 180 days before your resort arrival day and for the 10 days following it. Not necessarily 190 days before the reservation date.

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

No you make them on your 180th day then + 10. So on May 31st you can make your 180+10 if your staying onsite at 6am eastern online and 7am eastern on the phone. :)

Huglife

Original Poster
I've had Artist Point and Brown Derby...both we're great but I want to try other things. I haven't had the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby but I'm curious about what makes it so amazing. My boyfriend and I were talking about it the other day. How is one Cobb so superior when all the ingredients are the same?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom