Which room at Port Orleans Riverside?

Deb luvs Disney

We leave in 8 days for our latest visit to Disney World!! Can't wait! We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for the first time and can't decide whether we want to request a mansion or bayou room. I was leaning towards Bayou but don't know now since the rehab seems to be finished in the Mansions.

Any suggestions? Tell me what rooms you think are good for their location to pools, bus stops, etc...

Thanks in advance :animwink: !

wannabeBelle

the whole resort is pretty quiet and the Main Pool is on an island all its own so it isnt really near any of the buildings. Just make your preferences known when you check in and I Am sure they will work with you to accomodate you!!! Belle

Upvote 0

M. Racer

We stayed at POR on our last visit, in the Bayou. I don't recall which building but it was right near one of the rear bus stops. Loved it. It was a SHORT walk over some little bridges and quiet pathways to the main building. It felt secluded. I sat outside our room on a bench adjacent to the walkway which ran along the river and smoked a cigar without offending anyone. Few people came by on bicycles. Each morning I walked to the food court to get our coffee to go(to the parks). Great place to stay. We also enjoyed the boat ride to DD at night. :cool:

Upvote 0

LisaStockman

Which room at Port ORleans Riverside

Thanks for your comments guys.
Being in the U.K would it be ok do you think to fax my request for a room in either Mansion Terrace or Oak Manor a few days before we fly over?
We are both so excited to be staying at a Disney Resort and we will most certainly try Boatwrights for breakfast.
Would anyone recommend getting refillable mugs for our 2 week stay?

Thanks

Lisa

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

You definitely get your money's worth by getting a refillable mug...especially since you are staying two weeks. I highly recommend buying one. By the way, I am a recurring visitor to POR and it is a great resort...my favorite. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom