Which room at POR?

joesupra

Is there a specific building to ask for if staying at this resort? I don't mind paying more for the water view as long as it isn't a long walk to the food courts and bus stations. Can you get water view if you want a room with a trundle bed, is the other bed a queen or full? Do the rooms have a fridge or microwave? Thanks.

All the rooms at POR have fridges and a microwave is in the food court only. We stayed on the mansion side in Magnolia Bend which we loved. We didn't have a water view but all you had to do was open the door and look to the left to see the river. We were close to the bridge that takes you over to the main building and main bus stop, which I though was perfect. Close enough, but not close enough to hear the foot traffic. Alligator Bayou section is the section you need to request if you want a trundle bed, the mansion side does not have trundle beds. I believe those rooms have two full bed with the trundle bed (if I'm wrong someone correct me). You can request anything you want but just realize it's just that a request. We personally have made requests before and gotten what we requested, no problem but I'm sure it depends on what time of the year and alot of other factors. Have fun, POR is a great hotel!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Just remember that if want to request a room close to the food court but you pay for a water view that narrows down your choices...what I mean is there might be a room in the closest building to the food court but the only empty room with a water view is much farther away you will get the farther room because of what you paid for.

Upvote 0

coachjt

I just returned last week. I stayed at POR. We had room 1414. Was absolutely wonderful. We were extremely close to the food court and had a water view. I loved the room. The only negative I had about the resort, was that the person that had the job of keeping the beverage Island, didnt keep it very tidy or repleneshed very well.

We noticed that there were different people doing it on different days. I spoke to a CM about it and it was quickly taken care of. But all in all I love this resort. You MUST MUST see the piano guy in the Lounge....Bob Jackson.

Speaking of BOB....You go thru life and sometimes you meet people who you know......Has a good soul, Bob is one of these people. You get the feeling he would do that stuff for free. We watched his show four times in eight days we were there. We enjoyed him that much. Tip..get a table early...7:30.....The lounge gets packed.

About the room...request building 14 or 15

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

Here is a link to a map of POR:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-riverside.htm

You can sort of see for yourself where the closest buildings are...
I've not had much luck with requests, myself... we were in building 17 one year and in building 27 the next. Let me tell you, they don't LOOK that different on the map, but they felt WAY different. Maybe it's because there's really a difference, or maybe it's because when you go from 17 to the main building, it's like you're wandering through this forest and don't really know exactly where you're going. From 27, on the other hand, you walk out of your room, get to the "river" side (if you don't have a water view room), and you can see the building right away. I still wonder if it's a kind of psychological thing where you're out in the open by the river and can see the building VS. finding your way through the "forest" to finally get to the building....
I think there is physically a little more walking from 17, but I don't think it's as much as it seemed...

Also, if you can get your hands on an Unofficial Guide, it has suggestions about which buildings are best. Obviously, 14,15, 18, and 90 are all pretty close, but you have better luck than me if you manage to get one...

On the trundle bed... if you have 5 people, you will ONLY get a room with trundle. Their system is smart enough to not book you into a room that would not accomodate the number of people. f you only have 4, you would need to request a trundle room. As far as I know, all rooms in Alligator Bayou have trundles and all the rooms in the mansion section do not.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Loved building 27 myself. It was not too close to the main building where there was a lot of foot traffic, but close enough that it wasn't a chore at the end of the day either. If we left out the back of the building, and walked across the parking lot, we would be right at the main bus stop, too, without having to go through the food court or past the gift shop :) On the other hand, walk out the front, and you're right on the river. Head right to the marina and main buildings, left to go to Ol' Man Island. Perfect location IMHO.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Don't pay for a water view.
It's not worth it.

We've always had good luck just letting Disney pick the room.
We have stayed in all four of the Magnolia Bend mansions bldgs.

Good luck.
:king:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Don't pay for a water view.
It's not worth it.

We've always had good luck just letting Disney pick the room.
We have stayed in all four of the Magnolia Bend mansions bldgs.

Good luck.
:king:

Yea, the water view we had at POR all you could see of the water was the canopy of the taxi to DTD. We did have a nice view of the backside of the bushes.

Upvote 0

Marion

Good luck getting a good room. In 2008 I req. A room near lobby as my sister is legally blind and is walking limited. We were put in bldg. 85 and had to drive to front to go to gift shop, boatwrights, or catch a bus. My sister was unable to visit gift shop or Boatwrights without a ride. Try bldg. 14.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom