Which ride needs to be "rehabbed"???

Al

Original Poster
Hi,

in your opinion, what rides needs to be rehabbed, and what needs to be done to it?

My choice:

Dinosaur @ AK: i would change the name back, and make the ride more wild - as it was before

Living Seas @ Epcot: I would add a new ride portion

Haunted Mansion @ MK: I would improve the audio

Spaceship Earth @ Epcot: Remove the video screens that ruin the beginning of the ride, update the ride vehicles with new audio, and a new vehicle mechanism so that the ride doesnt constantly stop

:) :)

What would YOU do? (you can do as many rides as you want)

Javier&Christie

for spaceship earth to not constantly stop, you'd have to disconnect the cars to load a person off a wheelchair, b/c the ride is in continuous movement, affecting all other cars in the ride...

jcmayid

I would definitely have to say, rehab " It's a Small World", geez is that a cheese ride or what? Make it a little newer, nothing has changed since I was a kid. Also I rode Dinosaur this past weekend and it was pretty cool the way it is.

General Grizz

Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management needs to be replaced (not the Tiki Birds, but the SHOW)

Same with Food Rocks (leave Mr. Dairy Goods...;) )

Add more to Test Track...i.e. maybe a show kinda like Bird and Robot in the current "TransCenter" or add a portion of the World of Motion animatronics and props in the queue?

Luau Cove

Yes, definitely It's a Small World needs something new. I know it's a classic and it's the main basis of any water-propelled attraction, but it needs some new things, not modern dolls, ideas, stuff, "magic-ness".
I would also change the whole ELLEN Story in Universe of Energy, which is not only boring after some times, but it is extremely long and it's not worth it. Plus, Ellen is not that popular anymore right now, so I don't see why she is still there.
The last thing that needs something new is "the other It's a Small World": El Rio Del Tiempo. I know it tells Mexico history, etc, etc, but the place, the theming of the pavillion and the water-system could be used to make something new -not thrilling- , something that mantains the tradition of the country, but including new technology.

-->LUAU

XtremeEC2

It's A Small World

definately
the ride has been the same for so long and well, it's boring. I think that they should change at least some parts of it.

Harrison

jp3raptor

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I would say that Jungle Cruise needs a rehab and new script. The animals look worn and the water is a disgusting color.

the water is green because they paint it green, so you can't see
the track system.

:rolleyes:

jp3raptor

jcmayid

Originally posted by jp3raptor

the water is green because they paint it green, so you can't see
the track system.

:rolleyes:

jp3raptor

I thought that ride had no track, if I heard correctly before someone had stated how the Capt. of their cruise took them close enough to the elephant that they got wet? Is it on a track or is it actually driven?
:confused:

Davis224

It's on a track :)

I'd say Haunted Mansion needs better audio, but then so do a lot of the older classic rides

MGM - needs to change either the Hunchback show or the Beauty and the Beast show

EPCOT - needs something done to the living seas, i used to love it as a little kid, but now that i'm much older theres really not much there

AK - I know many of you will disagree but I think they need to tone down Dinosaur i've seen lots and lots and lots of kids hysterically crying after they got off that ride. Although I love it!

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by jcmayid

I thought that ride had no track, if I heard correctly before someone had stated how the Capt. of their cruise took them close enough to the elephant that they got wet? Is it on a track or is it actually driven?
:confused:
Davis 224 is correct that it's on a track. I think the story you're referring to had the Capt. stopping the boat where the elephant spray normally goes into the path that the boats follow. The spray is usually right before or right after the boat passes.

As far as an update for a ride, how about new doombuggies for HM with good speakers and the hot and cold running chills. They could also incorporate a ride system similar to the hunny pots at Pooh where the ghost could gently knock, shake or spin the buggies. I know they do some of this now but it could be better. Of course it could scare the pants off of the kiddies too.

mcbates23

It's a Small World needs major updating. I know it fine for small children but when parents have to go it with them it's torture. Every 10 years I'll go in it just to remind myself how bad the ride actually is. :hammer:

The Jungle Cruise just needs updating there script. I mean the same jokes over and over again. "The back side of water"

UOE needs to get ride of Ellen. I find her annoying. And adds nothing to the ride.

But's those are just my 2 cents. Actually it's worth a penny.

lakersfan17

definitly dinosaur they should turn it into a indiana jones ride and they should change the name back to the original name. the ride has nothing to do with the movie

Javier&Christie

Yep. the Jungle Cruise water is tinted that brownish green.. then the water is filtered out as it goes it's route to other sections of Disney Rides :) They add the tint like 3 days out of the week.

jcmayid

Originally posted by lakersfan17
definitly dinosaur they should turn it into a indiana jones ride and they should change the name back to the original name. the ride has nothing to do with the movie

How would Indiana Jones fit in Dinoland? Wouldn't he fit in better where it's already at, MGM?:veryconfu

jcmayid

Hey, I loved Dinosaur, rode it for the first time this weekend and it was great. Primeval Whirl was also cool, very ammusing, of course can't compare to other rides (RRC, ToT) but it definitely was fun!!!

Terp02

MK: TIKI ROOM!!! PLEASE BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL SHOW!! I need "In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room, In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room where the birds sing words and the flowers bloom! In the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room" No more of the bad versions of Gloria Estafan songs.:brick: Also let José run the show again, not Iago and the other bird from Lion King, who's name escapes me..........The show is SOOOO much worse now then it ever was. First time I've ever walked out of that show.

Epcot:
UOE - Change movie, keep Bill Nye, remove Ellen, put in Damon Wayans; also cut down on the Exxon commercial in the preshow.
Living Seas - Revamp the ride, redo the movie, make the elevators, or whatever they're called, A LOT BETTER and more realistic.
Canada - Is it me or would that be a perfect place for a simulator ride about the Canadian Wilderness? I think it's just me. At least redo the movie.
Mexico - change the ride or something

Studios:
Star Tours - The new show needs to get here fast. As much as I love the old one, it's getting, well, old.
Backstage Tour : Revamp the WHOLE thing, especially Catastrophe Canyon, it's looking worn, or at least when I went there.
New Ride?: Is It just me or does the Studios need a new ride? I hope it's not just me.

AK:
Dinosaur: I could care less about the name change; I don't think the name has any impact on the ride, only what people perceive it as. It does, however, need to be made LIKE the Indy ride in DL, not CHANGED TO the Indy ride. If anything, the Indy ride should be put in the Studios, which I hope is where it will be built if it ever is. Anyway, I found Dinosaur to be very tame, and I think when I went on it, it was out of sync with the audio or something, it just didn't seem right.

End rant.

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by DisneyPhD

As far as an update for a ride, how about new doombuggies for HM with good speakers and the hot and cold running chills. They could also incorporate a ride system similar to the hunny pots at Pooh where the ghost could gently knock, shake or spin the buggies. I know they do some of this now but it could be better. Of course it could scare the pants off of the kiddies too.

hahahahaa... (about the part when it would scare the pants off of the kiddies)

I agree about the doombuggy renovations.

They should totally renovate the new Tiki Room, I just cant stand Iago or Zazu. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom