Which restaurant would do on:

Gee70

Original Poster
looking for some fresh ideas...

A) if you are celebrating a birthday alone where would you dine (Table service)...

B) where would you have your Christmas Dinner if you are at the World on the 24th eve or 25th...

C) where would you celebrate NYE and NY day???

I had spent the last few bdays at CP, Tony's and Nine Dragons...

the only Xmas eve dinner experience I had was spent Spoodles then went back to WS to walk around till my feet got tired and went back home ~ BWV. Xmas day was spent at Boardwalk with a good book.. Boring I know!!!:hammer:

the only NYE/NY day I had was dinner was at the California Grill.. waited for fireworks and went to the bar at CR with friends... NY day was spent at MK and lunch at Tony's...

need to spruce up my planning events... All FYi are welcome :sohappy:

Mukta

A) if you are celebrating a birthday alone where would you dine (Table service)... - I am not averse to eating alone. In fact I prefer it most of the time. I love to take a book and enjoy a leisurely meal. I would pick Jiko.

B) where would you have your Christmas Dinner if you are at the World on the 24th eve or 25th... - Anywhere I could get a reservation! I would pick a signature like Artist's Point or Citricos hoping it wouldn't have as many children and I could have a peaceful meal.

C) where would you celebrate NYE and NY day??? - Universal Citywalk? I like to party for NYE. Maybe Jellyrolls after a dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

njdan

Have been down for my last 3 B-days in Aug (also going this year)
do B-day dinnet at Liberty Tree
This Dec we were there for New years eve - did Flying Fish at Boardwalk
We like Counter where you can watch chefs
Head Chef came and took our sons on tour of Kitchen they loved it

travelgip

Alone for Birthday - Victoria & Alberts. I have done this and it was spectacular!
Christmas - Citricos or Yachtsmans Steakhouse
NYE - California Grill or Brown Derby

Gee70

Original Poster
thank you.. thank you.. thank you... keep it coming...

now leaning at V&A for Bday !!! Great Idea!

Sweet Melissa

If I were celebrating a birthday alone in the World, I'd probably choose the Jiko lounge. Jiko's menu is my favorite. The lounge serves the same food as the dining room, and bartenders are more hands-off than waiters. I'd prefer that were I dining solo.

Christmas dinner, probably Il Mulino. Family-style Italian food is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, so Il Mulino wouldn't feel very different than "home."

New Year's Eve, the California Grill. California wines and fireworks seem like the right thing to do on NYE.

Gee70

Original Poster
If I were celebrating a birthday alone in the World, I'd probably choose the Jiko lounge. Jiko's menu is my favorite. The lounge serves the same food as the dining room, and bartenders are more hands-off than waiters. I'd prefer that were I dining solo.

Christmas dinner, probably Il Mulino. Family-style Italian food is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner, so Il Mulino wouldn't feel very different than "home."

New Year's Eve, the California Grill. California wines and fireworks seem like the right thing to do on NYE.

Pardon my ignorance but where is Il Mulino?:cry:

EvilQueen-T

A) if you are celebrating a birthday alone where would you dine (Table service)...
chef's table citricos or flying fish

B) where would you have your Christmas Dinner if you are at the World on the 24th eve or 25th...
we did christmas eve dinner at 1900 park fare. we had a 4 y/o with us and it just felt whimsical. we laughed a lot. that same year we did a late morning christmas breakfast at askerus and dinner at coral reef. another year we did christmas eve at california grill and christmas dinner at flying fish.

C) where would you celebrate NYE and NY day???
nye i'd do the evening and dinner at dtd, dhs, or epcot so i could drink and still be in a crowd setting, whichever place i wanted to hang out at i'd eat at. i wouldn't do anything that would require leaving one park to go to another unless it was via boat or monorail (or by foot like to/from boardwalk/dhs or epcot/boardwalk area). i would certainly not move around to where i'd need to be in a bus/car and personally probably would get to one place/park that has both entertainment and food and stay there til i was ready to go back to my resort. i think it would be a fun night to drink around the world at epcot maybe after a mid/late afternoon lunch and basically drink through dinner.

Gee70

Original Poster
Ok after contemplating for a few... I think I have a game plan... V&A for bday!!! Kona for Xmas!!! and Cali Grill for NYE!!!:kiss:

Disneydreamer23

Alone -beir garden
x mas - in the castle
NYE city walk nascar is really good they do a special 100.00 a person unlimited drinks food and a concert and free addmission to any bar ( last yr brett michaels from posion played)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom