Which restaraunts out of pocket?

sbkline

Original Poster
Tentatively, we are planning a trip from April 6-14 next year, although the particular week is still subject to change. Regardless, if we do go, we plan to go for 8 nights and hence, 8 dining plan credits.

We have 9 table service meals picked out and one of them, Artist Point, is a signature restaraunt, requiring two credits. So there are two ways we can do this: pay Artist Point out of pocket and then put everything else on the DDP. Or, put Artist Point on the DDP and pay out of pocket for two of the table service meals. I'm thinking it would be better to do Artist Point on the DDP, since it is so expensive, and pay for some of the cheaper ones out of pocket. However, once I list all of them, if anyone disagrees, let me know and explain why. And if I should do AP on the dining plan, which restaraunts would be the cheapest and therefore, the ones that I should pay out of pocket?

Here are the ones I have picked:

1. Crystal Palace (breakfast)

2. Crystal Palace (supper)

Everything else on this list will be for supper also

3. Le Chefs de France

4. Le Cellier

5. Liberty Tree Tavern

6. Hollywood and Vine

7. Boatwrights

8. Spoodles

9. Artist Point

ThinkTink721

Tentatively, we are planning a trip from April 6-14 next year, although the particular week is still subject to change. Regardless, if we do go, we plan to go for 8 nights and hence, 8 dining plan credits.

We have 9 table service meals picked out and one of them, Artist Point, is a signature restaraunt, requiring two credits. So there are two ways we can do this: pay Artist Point out of pocket and then put everything else on the DDP. Or, put Artist Point on the DDP and pay out of pocket for two of the table service meals. I'm thinking it would be better to do Artist Point on the DDP, since it is so expensive, and pay for some of the cheaper ones out of pocket. However, once I list all of them, if anyone disagrees, let me know and explain why. And if I should do AP on the dining plan, which restaraunts would be the cheapest and therefore, the ones that I should pay out of pocket?

3. Le Chefs de France

4. Le Cellier

5. Liberty Tree Tavern

6. Hollywood and Vine

7. Boatwrights

8. Spoodles

9. Artist Point

Check the following web site for updated menus & pricing.
www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Check out the menu prices for the meals you have chosen.
Then figure out which is the best deal - paying for Artist Pointe out of pocket or using the DDP for it & paying for the 2 cheaper TS meals.

Hope this helps!
:wave:

Yellow Shoes

Remember also that the DDP gives you an appetizer and dessert.

Would you want appetizer and dessert if you are paying out of pocket?
Speaking for myself, we usually do not get either when we go out in the real world.

So take that into consideration also.

DisneyMarg

Another factor... the buffet places have a fixed price, so you KNOW what you are paying there. If you have a big family with people who will want to order the most expensive thing on the menu, I'd pay for non-buffet meals with the dining plan.

sbkline

Original Poster
Another factor... the buffet places have a fixed price, so you KNOW what you are paying there. If you have a big family with people who will want to order the most expensive thing on the menu, I'd pay for non-buffet meals with the dining plan.

There are only two of us going, my wife and I. But I do tend to agree with you that the buffets will be the cheapest. That fixed price includes dessert, so you basically get everything for that price.

btw, what if I order the Fantasmic Dinner package with Hollywood and Vine? Is that restaraunt even eligeable for that? And if so, can you book a Fantasmic dinner package on the dining plan, or does that have to be paid for seperate?

DisneyBride94

:wave: Pay for this one out of pocket... breakfasts are generally significantly less expensive than any other meal...

3. Le Chefs de France :wave: Definitely use DDP here...this one is $$$ otherwise you'll skimp and probably skip on a nice appetizer or dessert.

4. Le Cellier - :wave: Definitely use DDP here...this one is $$$ otherwise...but really fabulous

5. Liberty Tree Tavern

6. Hollywood and Vine :wave: If you need to pay for another out of pocket...I'd suggest this one as it is a less expensive one...

7. Boatwrights

8. Spoodles

9. Artist Point

I love that you say "supper" as so few people use that term... I'm from Boston and we used "supper" and "dinner" interchangeably in my house growing up.... I never hear anyone use that term. LOL.

DisneyBride94

I know Hollywood & Vine was on the fantasmic package when I was there--it was lower priced category for that package... I do NOT know if it can be utilized with the Dining Plan... I'm sure someone else can answer that for you.

sbkline

Original Poster
I love that you say "supper" as so few people use that term... I'm from Boston and we used "supper" and "dinner" interchangeably in my house growing up.... I never hear anyone use that term. LOL.

I'm from Illinois, where we always used "lunch" and "dinner" interchangeably. LOL Which is why I say "supper" because I don't want anyone seeing me type "dinner" and think I'm talking about lunch. :ROFLOL:

But if H&V can't be done on the Fantasmic Dinner package, then that will take care of one of my out of pocket meals. Then I would probably pay out of pocket for one of the Crystal Palace meals, then use the DDP for the rest.

I just hate that we wasted a whole hour/hour and a half waiting in that stadium for Fantasmic to start. That's time I could have spent riding the Tower of Terror. My wife refuses to go on that ride, so I had already ridden twice when I used her ticket and mine to get back to back fastpasses. Unfortunately, the return time was around 7:30 or so, and I didn't want to risk going in there and not having a seat, so I missed out. So if I do a dinner package next time, I won't have that problem.

vacanow

Looks like paying OOP for CP Breakfast is the cheapest way for you, $18.99 plus tax and gratuity, around $45-50 with generous tip and tax.

I'd probably rethink CP for a second time, albeit dinner. Its still a character meal and still an american buffet. From what I hear of the plan you may want a lighter food day at some point, so eat a CS meals that day and no TS.

You don't have to pay for the Fantasmic package and you can reserve it on the DDP. You have to request it(hopefully its still available) and they take a credit card to hold the reservation. If you decide you must have a daily TS and need to pay OOP for another, I'd pay for Hollywood & Vine($23.99pp plus tax and gratuity).

You're strategy seems to be to have an amazing and memorable last night dinner at Artist Pallette, stick with your plan.

We are looking at the same dilemma with Narcoose's on our first night. Since its at the start of our trip we'll probably use the plan for both of us. We will be there a while, watching Wishes and the Electic Water parade, so I think that entertainment coupled with the food will certainly warrant a 2TS price and tip for our server. We'll have a 5yr old on his first trip to WDW, what a cool start for him and we won't have even been to a park at that point.

sbkline

Original Poster
Looks like paying OOP for CP Breakfast is the cheapest way for you, $18.99 plus tax and gratuity, around $45-50 with generous tip and tax.

I'd probably rethink CP for a second time, albeit dinner. Its still a character meal and still an american buffet. From what I hear of the plan you may want a lighter food day at some point, so eat a CS meals that day and no TS.

You don't have to pay for the Fantasmic package and you can reserve it on the DDP. You have to request it(hopefully its still available) and they take a credit card to hold the reservation. If you decide you must have a daily TS and need to pay OOP for another, I'd pay for Hollywood & Vine($23.99pp plus tax and gratuity).

You mean it might be all booked up already, with 10 months to go before the trip?

You're strategy seems to be to have an amazing and memorable last night dinner at Artist Pallette, stick with your plan.

Actually, the order I posted them isn't necessarily the order we'll be doing them. I was just stating which ones I plan to eat at and I just posted them randomly. I think I'm actually looking at Artist Point for the middle of the week.

DisneyBride94

Narcooses is a wonderful restaurant... we love it there.... :D We ate there the first night of our honeymoon and we've been back for anniversaries... we let them know in advace that it was our anniversary (when we made the reservations) and they made us personalized keepsake menus for our special day...which wa very nice. :D

vacanow

You mean it might be all booked up already, with 10 months to go before the trip?

Actually, the order I posted them isn't necessarily the order we'll be doing them. I was just stating which ones I plan to eat at and I just posted them randomly. I think I'm actually looking at Artist Point for the middle of the week.

I hope you get Fantasmic when you book at the 180 day mark or in!

We considered both Narcoossee's and CA Grille for Wishes and great food. I'm satisfied that the combination of the show and the meal is worth it for us. You'll decide if your 2TS choice is special enough to pay double.

Have a magical trip!

ThinkTink721

I know Hollywood & Vine was on the fantasmic package when I was there--it was lower priced category for that package... I do NOT know if it can be utilized with the Dining Plan... I'm sure someone else can answer that for you.
H & V has the Fantasmic pkg. for dinner.
H & V is also on the DDP.
We ate there last summer & took advantage of the Fantasmic pkg.
We will be doing the same in Sept.
Hope this helps!

sbkline

Original Poster
H & V has the Fantasmic pkg. for dinner.
H & V is also on the DDP.
We ate there last summer & took advantage of the Fantasmic pkg.
We will be doing the same in Sept.
Hope this helps!

Yes it does help; thank you. :wave:

Another question, without starting a whole new thread with the same list of restaraunts...

Does anyone see any restaraunts on that list that might not require ADR's...such as Spoodles or Boatwrights? I guess those are the only two in question because I know the others seem to be popular places. However, I don't recall hearing too much about the other two.

The reason I ask is because I'm now looking at going to Busch Gardens one day and it's hard telling what time we'd get out, make the drive home and be back to the resort. So if possible, I wouldn't mind just walking in and requesting a table at Spoodles or Boatwrights, without having to try to predict what time we'll be there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom