Which Resort?

therowlands

We are taking a spur of the moment trip to WDW on Monday. We can stay at All Star Music ($89 Hotels.com) or Pop Century ($102 Disney). Which one would all of you recommend? We have never stayed at either and want to find out what others think. Please help:ROFLOL:

Pioneer Hall

We are taking a spur of the moment trip to WDW on Monday. We can stay at All Star Music ($89 Hotels.com) or Pop Century ($102 Disney). Which one would all of you recommend? We have never stayed at either and want to find out what others think. Please help:ROFLOL:

Sounds like the only difference is that you are getting a standard room at the All Stars and a Preferred room at Pop. Personally I like Pop a bit more because it is newer and the location is better. However, I would check Disney again and see what is available all over. You should also check to see if there are any discounts available.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

We like ASMusic! The resort is smaller and the food court tends to be not as crowded as Pops. Don't let anyone turn you off from the bussing either. ASMusic will have it's own dedicated bus most of the time. The only times you will see bus sharing is at off times (ie. middle of the afternoon, very late at night, etc.)

Because the resort is smaller you have a better chance of being close to the main pool, lobby, food court, bussing, etc. even if you're in a standard room location. They have great pool activities in the afternoon which are fun for old and young alike!

We've stayed at ASMusic 4 times and counting...

*Edit* - the rooms were refurbed back in '07 (I think)... so the rooms are still pretty new at ASMusic

Upvote 0

Dwarful

You'd be fine at either. We stayed at Pop in March and had the preferred room but it wasn't really that close. We've stayed at Movies & Music as well. I agree that if you go early or avoid mid day you won't really have any bus issues. As far as the rooms go, we had the pref. room at Pop but it was not a refurb. room. Room size/layout will be similar.

Upvote 0

therowlands

Original Poster
Sounds like the only difference is that you are getting a standard room at the All Stars and a Preferred room at Pop. Personally I like Pop a bit more because it is newer and the location is better. However, I would check Disney again and see what is available all over. You should also check to see if there are any discounts available.
They are both standard rooms. I think we will go with the cheaper one. Not a lot of preplanning or saving for the trip. Thanks for all the comments everyone! We really appreciate it. We have not told our 12 year old son @ the trip yet. He thinks we are going to the mountains lol! Can't wait to see his expression:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

We've stayed at Pop 3 times in a row, and I've liked it everytime. What is the real deal with the bus though? I know that sometimes or most of the time the All-Stars make multiple stops, but I don't really know much more.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

We've stayed at Pop 3 times in a row, and I've liked it everytime. What is the real deal with the bus though? I know that sometimes or most of the time the All-Stars make multiple stops, but I don't really know much more.

I have stayed at ASMusic 4 times (Sept., Aug., June., & March) and I can tell you the number of times I've shared a bus with another resort.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Just curious, what was your average ride time to each park by bus?

You know... I'm not sure! Animal Kingdom is just around the corner and you're only on the bus a few minutes. Magic Kingdom is the furthest away and the ride to Downtown Disney always seemed like forever in my mind. I think they would do a couple loops before they dropped you off at DTD! :lol:

I think the average ride times are listed in the Unofficial Guide for each resort...

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

You know... I'm not sure! Animal Kingdom is just around the corner and you're only on the bus a few minutes. Magic Kingdom is the furthest away and the ride to Downtown Disney always seemed like forever in my mind. I think they would do a couple loops before they dropped you off at DTD! :lol:

I think the average ride times are listed in the Unofficial Guide for each resort...

Ok, I'll have to get mine out again. I looked at both on Google maps and it looked like All Stars was way closer to AK, but nearly the same distance to DHS as Pop, it also looked like Pop is closer to EPCOT, but I'm not really sure about bus routes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom