Which resort?

Nansafan

I can't comment on Caribbean Beach having never stayed there. I have stayed at both Port Orleans Riverside (when it was still Dixie Landings) and Port Orleans French Quarter. Enjoyed both of them very much. Having to choose between these 2, I would say PO-FQ. Smaller more intimate resort. Everything is close to each other. The walks from building to building and to the bus stop are relatively short. After walking all day in through WDW parks, a short walk back to your room at the end of the day is always welcome.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

my two favorite Moderates continue to be PO Riverside and Coronado. I adore Riverside for its laid back easy going charm and of course Boatwright's which is the sit down restaurant for breakfast. I find going to a food court in the morning not at all appealing for the extra 2-3 dollars Id prefer to sit down and be waited on forbreakfast. Plus the food there is outstanding. Belle

Upvote 0

Disney2002

Carribean Beach was very loud when I was last there. I've stayed at all of the moderate resorts, and it was my least favorite. Definitely think about Port Orleans Riverside. The mansions are VERY nice.

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

We stayed at PORS last July and CBR the year before. We liked both resorts, but we do the CBR over the PORS. We have kids and CBR seems more kid friendly. The rooms are a touch bigger too. We like the open looks at CBR with the white sand beaches and the more upbeat feel with the color schemes. Where as the PORS has a more wooded fell to it. Really depends on what you like.

Hope this helps. You will enjoy either place :sohappy:

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Having stayed at both over the past 3 years, I'd recommend Port Orleans. It's a bit quieter, and there's usually less walking involved to get to your destination. Also I think the landscaping and scenery is nicer.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Originally posted by bsandersjr
for next year we were thinking of staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach.
Which resort would you choose, and why?

Go PO its a bit quieter and more laid back caribbeab beach is always packed.

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

POR all the way. Cant say much more than has already been said. Great quiet and relaxed feel to it. Can get just about anything your hungry for at the food court and Boatwrights does an excellent breakfast and dinner. I can never bring myself to book anywhere else. Although since I need a WDW fix, I booked All Star Movies for a quick Th-Su trip in May. And it's killing me that I wont be at POR. But I will be day after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

Huggups

Both are very nice. CBR is very large and a bit spread out. I haven't stayed at POR but my niece did and she liked it. Sometimes location is a deciding factor. CBR is closer to MGM & a bit closer to Epcot and now it also has a restaurant. I also believe POR is more adult oriented as far as decor/environment. I think they still have that neat boat ride from the resort to Downtown Disney. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

cjjudd

:wave:
My wife and I have stayed at all of the moderate level resorts, and would have to say that we think The Caribbean Beach is
the least desirable. It is rather larger and you could really find yourself walking alot to get to the main building. We would definitely suggest either of the Port Orleans Resorts:)

Upvote 0

bhg469

Re: Re: Which resort?

Originally posted by bhg469
Go PO its a bit quieter and more laid back caribbean beach is always packed. I usually do coronado though, thats my bigtime fav

oops guess i hit quote instead of edit sorry

Upvote 0

NashvilleMouse

The Caribbean Beach is a favorite of mine. It is pretty big but I never had a problem with having to walk a lot. After all, I am at WDW... you HAVE to walk! Doesn't sound like many here would suggest it, however.

Upvote 0

dae_woods

Carribean is absolutely huge. Something like the 10th largest hotel in the US with over 2000 rooms. PO is huge but at least split up into FQ and R. I absolutely love Riverside for its atmosphere and space. There are a lot of rooms but they are spread out giving you the illusion of seclusion. I'm a poet and didn't know it.:king: I would say go with POR number one followed by FQ. Enjoy your stay. :hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom