Which resort hotel to choose

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
thank you very much for the information, however and I apologize it is not the right place to ask for the Universal parks perhaps it is not possible to make the advance payment or perhaps even by taking a hotel + ticket package if it can be done with an uplift site that I don't know a sort of installment plan, I'm interested in paying everything before arrival. I would prefer it. I'm trying to figure out if this is also for universal

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
You should be able to go to the Universal Orlando website and look up hotels then book hotels and tickets etc from there

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Guys, I'm constantly changing my mind, I was almost convinced about the Dolphin but I read somewhere that some non-Disney hotels, I don't know if this applies, which is why they might no longer allow early entry for 2024, furthermore the loss of some Disney advantages even sw less than the past. And how does it work with genie+? Does this also apply to partner hotels even before the opening of the parks? How confusing😂😂😂

NelleBelle

Swan and Dolphin have early theme park entry and extra evening hours, just like every other Disney deluxe resort. All Disney resorts and certain partner/Good Neighbor hotels also have early theme park entry. The only thing Swan and Dolphin don’t give you is drop off at the Magic kingdom gates (you get dropped off at the ticket and transportation center and take the monorail or ferry to the gates). I also don’t think you get the option to purchase discounted Magic bands from Swan and Dolphin. But other than those things, no real difference.

ditzee

We've stayed at the deluxe resorts and villas plus CSR. They all have their pluses. This trip we're bringing our 2 grandsons who are 8&10 and so chose Animal Kingdom Resort because I think they'll love sitting on the balcony and watching the animals.

Last edited:

gcreager

Friends, you are all very kind, I think I will opt for a modern resort because then go to universal
I will go to Portofino bay or similar. For Disney hotels at this point I choose Port Orleams, Caribbean and Disney animation what can you tell me??? They are all well connected to the parks.
Several years ago, we spent a couple of days at Universal, since we'd never been. We stayed at Portofino and loved the hotel. After that, we moved to Disney for our usual 5 days. And loved that, too. We probably did not do justice to Universal, but the Harry Potter World is delightful. There are some excellent restaurants available there, too both inside and outside the park.

The advice to break your stay between 2 Disney hotels is very good advice. WDW will move your luggage for you to the new hotel at no cost. That is our plan for our next visit, which unfortunately won't be until late 2025, as we're working with our schedule and that of 3 adult kids and their families. I have never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we plan on 2 nights there on the Savannah, then moving probably to Yacht and Beach Club, or to the Contemporary.

We have stayed at Port Orleans for a spur of the moment trip (we could get rooms in there on short notice), Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and The Swan (on-site but not a Disney hotel; Marriott). Of those, the Swan was certainly the nicest hotel (Portofino was second), but didn't have the same feel of immersion seen in the Disney hotels. We did really enjoy our stay at Wilderness, but for convenience, the Contemporary stay was certainly the best, with its own Monorail stop. The majority of our stays have been at Shades of Green, the first Disney resort, now dedicated to US Military service members, Veterans, and their families. It's less convenient because it has its own bus system to parks and Ticket and Transportation, and also because some of the Disney road construction has eliminated a walking option from Shade to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Still, it's a great option for us depending on our park plans and how we include our kids or friends in the travel plans.

Eric Graham

Several years ago, we spent a couple of days at Universal, since we'd never been. We stayed at Portofino and loved the hotel. After that, we moved to Disney for our usual 5 days. And loved that, too. We probably did not do justice to Universal, but the Harry Potter World is delightful. There are some excellent restaurants available there, too both inside and outside the park.

The advice to break your stay between 2 Disney hotels is very good advice. WDW will move your luggage for you to the new hotel at no cost. That is our plan for our next visit, which unfortunately won't be until late 2025, as we're working with our schedule and that of 3 adult kids and their families. I have never stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge but we plan on 2 nights there on the Savannah, then moving probably to Yacht and Beach Club, or to the Contemporary.

We have stayed at Port Orleans for a spur of the moment trip (we could get rooms in there on short notice), Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, and The Swan (on-site but not a Disney hotel; Marriott). Of those, the Swan was certainly the nicest hotel (Portofino was second), but didn't have the same feel of immersion seen in the Disney hotels. We did really enjoy our stay at Wilderness, but for convenience, the Contemporary stay was certainly the best, with its own Monorail stop. The majority of our stays have been at Shades of Green, the first Disney resort, now dedicated to US Military service members, Veterans, and their families. It's less convenient because it has its own bus system to parks and Ticket and Transportation, and also because some of the Disney road construction has eliminated a walking option from Shade to the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. Still, it's a great option for us depending on our park plans and how we include our kids or friends in the travel plans.
I concur..I thought the Portofino was a such a wonderful hotel..We've really enjoyed Yacht/Beach, Animal Kingdom, and Wilderness Lodge. We've yet to stay at the Swan or Contemporary We will have to check them out. Thank you so much for your service in the military! My grandfather was at Oak Ridge before WWII and Nagasaki, so I greatly appreciate it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom