Which resort hotel to choose

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Exactly, the journey from Europe is demanding and I might not have many other chances to see the Kennedy, perhaps in the evening I go to a park or miss a day of parks. Instead I still can't decide whether to do an extra day at Universal so do 4 days instead of 3 and do 8 and not 9 at the Disney parks which would then become 7 with Kennedy. I can't really make up my mind

nickys

Premium Member
Exactly, the journey from Europe is demanding and I might not have many other chances to see the Kennedy, perhaps in the evening I go to a park or miss a day of parks. Instead I still can't decide whether to do an extra day at Universal so do 4 days instead of 3 and do 8 and not 9 at the Disney parks which would then become 7 with Kennedy. I can't really make up my mind
I think 3 days is fine for Universal. One day for each park and one day for Harry Potter (which is split between the two parks).
Then a day for KSC. I could make a case for 2 days at KSC. It doesn’t cost much to add a day and there is enough to fill 2 days easily. You have the Saturn V building (Apollo), the Rocket Garden and Heroes building (Mercury, Gemini) and then Atlantis and the Future Exploration exhibits. You can’t do all of it in one day.
And 8 (or 7) days for Disney.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
think I'll follow your advice, the only thing for Universal is that it's 3 days that aren't very full because the first of the three days is the day of arrival but with the unlimited express pass even if I should be able to make it in July.
You are convincing me to follow this path😊

Raxel7851

It’s great to have so many choices!!! I can understand your dilemma trying to figure out which ones to take.

Figgy1

You may be right about Kennedy. I'm probably just a little jaded having been so many times. @nickys is right you can't do 100% at Kennedy but you can probably do everything on your must do list and then some if you get there a good half hour maybe a bit more before rope drop as it's mostly empty for the first hour or so. Make sure to allow for rush hour traffic when driving over

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
For the Kennedy I thought about going with a tour organized by Orlando, I continue to have doubts about everything and who knows how many more I will have, I only made a decision on the days 9 nights Disney with 7-8 days of parks and at this point 3 nights universal and therefore 3 days of parks even if on the first day I would arrive early in the morning because I will have to move from the Disney resort, as soon as I arrive at the universal resort I leave my luggage after check in and run to the parks I have no choice. Hopefully 2 and a half days will be enough for me to do everything with the unlimited pass

Raxel7851

You may be right about Kennedy. I'm probably just a little jaded having been so many times. @nickys is right you can't do 100% at Kennedy but you can probably do everything on your must do list and then some if you get there a good half hour maybe a bit more before rope drop as it's mostly empty for the first hour or so. Make sure to allow for rush hour traffic when driving over
@Figgy1 I think I’d have the same situation as @MaxDrake79 if I went to Italy or Europe. There’s so many wonderful things to see and do. Traveling is so exciting!!

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Sorry guys, what are you telling me about hotels like World Dolphin, I think that's what they're called, how are the connections to the parks? Walk to Epcot or DHS and bus to MK and AK? Do you recommend them, do they have priority access to the parks like non-partner Disney hotels? What's the difference? I read that they are part of the hotels that also have extra hours in the evening.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The Swan & Dolphin are NOT Disney hotels, but offer many of the same amenities. They are centrally located between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, so you can walk to either of those parks in about 15 or 20 minutes, and have great restaurants if you don't want to eat in the parks. Bus transportation to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom parks is via scheduled shuttle busses -- the MK bus drops you at the Ticket and Transportation Center, so you still have to catch a boat or a monorail to get to the park. (Some guests get around this by taking the short walk to the Yacht Club and using the Disney bus directly to the MK gate...) You also have use of the Disney Water Taxis between Epcot and Hollywood Studios (if you don't want to walk), but it generally takes a bit longer to use the boat.

Lots of visitors find the S&D a reasonable compromise between location and room cost -- like getting a deluxe at high moderate prices. With the loss of some Disney hotel perks after COVID (room delivery from gift shops and reduced after-hours access), the Swan & Dolphin are even more attractive than before.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Thank you very much for the reply, so if for MK and AK I have to take regular buses what do I do if I stay at the park for extended hours in the evening? Can I find the regular bus that takes me back to the hotel until late or do I have to take a Disney bus to boardwalk and then walk from there?

Eric Graham

Disney friends, I'm totally undecided about which hotel to choose for my first visit to the Disney parks in Orlando in July 2024, I'll be staying 9 nights. I'm torn between Caribbean, Port Orleans Riverside but I'd also like the AKL or The Widermess. I am evaluating the distance from the parks as well as the price, in addition to the atmosphere and beauty of the resort. By the way, when do the offers start on the official website for summer 2024? Thank you for the replies.
Port Orleans is a wonderful resort. It is a great moderate resort. We did it years back. It was so fun to take a carriage ride on property. If you go there, I would advise you to get an accommodation away from the pool. The three deluxe that we enjoy also are Beach Club. Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is also so lovely. We were there recently, and dined at Boma buffett (scrumptious) and the I really enjoyed speaking with the most wonderful people from Botswana advising about the animals. I was almost a docent at our local zoo, but it was really far for me to travel. I watched Jack Hanna many a year ago. We've stayed here in the past and found it very enjoyable. The Wilderness Lodge is such a beautiful resort. It is patterned after Yellowstone. The only drawback to Animal Kingdom is that it may be a little far away from the parks, except for Animal Kingdom. Another resort that you may consider is the Beach Club. It offers close proximity to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. You can take the boat or walk there if you'd like. So beautiful too. The seafood bonanza is really good there also (Cape May). Their pool is to die for, Stormalong Bay. So very beautiful. Usually on the website resorts usually go on sale roughly about 3 months in advance. Happy travels!

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you very much for the reply, so if for MK and AK I have to take regular buses what do I do if I stay at the park for extended hours in the evening? Can I find the regular bus that takes me back to the hotel until late or do I have to take a Disney bus to boardwalk and then walk from there?
They’re not regular public buses. The hotels arrange their own coaches to the parks for their guests. It’s just that at MK they don’t get to go to the main bus station. And the Swan and Dolphin hotels, plus Swan Reserve do count for early entry and also the extended evening hours for the deluxe resorts.

There will be buses running back after the extended hours, but from MK you’d get it from the Ticket & Transportation Centre after taking the monorail or ferry. Or you can take a bus to either the Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach Club resorts instead if you want to just go to the bus station close to the park gates.

Eric Graham

You might also want to look into acquiring a Disney Card From Chase. They offer discounts as well on trips, and 0% for 6 months interest free on any trip you take to Disney World and saving on shopping also. They also offer exclusive character meet and greets in a few parks at Disney. Their rewards is alright, it only offers 1%. Another place to find discounts at Disney World and surrounding areas is mousesavers.com

nickys

Premium Member
You might also want to look into acquiring a Disney Card From Chase. They offer discounts as well on trips, and 0% for 6 months interest free on any trip you take to Disney World and saving on shopping also. They also offer exclusive character meet and greets in a few parks at Disney. Their rewards is alright, it only offers 1%. Another place to find discounts at Disney World and surrounding areas is mousesavers.com
The Chase Disney Visa card is only available to US residents. ☹️ Which is all the more annoying because we can get a Chase Visa card, just not a Disney one. :banghead:

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Dear friends, one of the reasons why I am evaluating the Swan or the Dolphin are the extended evening hours but I would like to understand in a stay for example of 9 nights in July how many times I will have the hours exetese in the evening? At least every night in one of the 4 parks or would it happen only for a few nights on 9? This is a factor that I would like to understand to decide on the resort as well.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Extended evening hours are twice a week, typically Monday and Wednesday. One night is Epcot and the other is Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom does not participate.

MaxDrake79

Original Poster
Grazie ragazzi tutti voi siete super gentili. Deciderò sull'hotel anche se ho intenzione di farlo non prima di novembre, quindi c'è ancora un po 'di sinistra. Volevo anche chiederti hotel partner prenotando dal sito ufficiale posso pagare a rate per la camera prima del mio arrivo. Cioè, posso decidere quanti e quali pagamenti effettuare anche per il Cigno o il Delfino?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Per una prenotazione di sola camera, Disney chiederà un acconto di una notte, mentre il resto dovrà essere versato all'arrivo. Per le prenotazioni di pacchetti, con i biglietti, Disney richiede un deposito di $200 e il resto dovrà essere versato 30 giorni prima dell'arrivo. Per il Cigno e il Delfino dipenderà se prenoterai tramite Disney Travel Company o direttamente con l'hotel. La prenotazione tramite Disney offre gli stessi termini dei propri hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom