Which resort for Dec 1-12, 2005

wdwparadise

Hi,

My wife and I are planning a nice long trip to WDW for Dec 1-12, 2005. Obviously we are going to see the decorations, the lights and MVMCP as well as the normal WDW stuff.

We are really new to this and would really like your opionion on which of the deluxe resorts we should stay at. My wife really wants to stay at one of these four using our 15% off AAA discount: Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We do plan on also getting AP's since it will save $33 a person over 10 day UHP.

It's just my wife and myself and any information about your experiences with these resorts would be wonderful.

Thanks,
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

HissD

Hi-

We are going Nov. 25- to Dec 4. You should try either the AP discounts or the new room only discounts. You can find them through Kingdomconsultants http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com/ (there is a link on this website) or at the link below. You would have to be open to what is available but could save $$$ on the room part of your trip. We got POR for $85.00 per night for 7 nights and AAA for Nov. 25&26. Due to the Holiday. CRO at 407-934-7639 is very user friendly but you will need the codes They are BAT for room only and EWP for AP holders. Good luck.

http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#discountmenu

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Of the 4 you mentioned, I would go with Grand Floridian.

It's a Victorian Christmas complete with enormous tree and a gingerbread house you could (in theory) walk into.

Remember too that there are live musicians in the lobby--imagine the mix of Disney and Christmas carols.

In a word--Perfect.

Regarless of where you stay, I would take some time to check out the decorations at the other hotels. This will be easy to do at the monorail hotels, then jump on the boat at the Contemporary and check out my favorite--Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
No loose situation!

elcome to the boards WDWparadise!

You are picking a really nice time to visit, but it can be overwhelming, so you are doing the right thing in planning now.

For hotels, my personal favorite is Poly, but for the holidays it is either GF or WL. They have very different styles, so would suggest you check the WDW website and www.allearsnet.com for pictures of the rooms and facility to determine which may be your preferred taste.

The two major advantages the GF might have for you is that it is on the monorail line (making transportation a bit easier), and that it has a nice spa on site.

You won't loose staying at any property, and I strongly suggest you plan on visiting the various hotels during your stay to enjoy the varied decorations. A great one stop resource for all the holiday happenings is:
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/holiday.htm
There are many special events and shows that require either a special ticket or at least advanced reservations, and this should help you pick what you would like. I would also suggest getting a Disney planning book, specifically on of the ones tailored just for adult/couples. Planning is the key to getting the most out of your trip!

After you've had a chance to digest some of this overview, please get back to us with any additional questions as many here have experienced these offerings, and would be more than happy to assist. :xmas:

Upvote 0

Ergens2

All are wonderful! You really need decide how much money you want to spend. GF will be the most expensive and AKL will be on the least expensive side. Be forwarned! For the time frame you are going most rooms are already booked up! We will be down Dec 4-11 and are having to stay at Pop Century our first night because the Poly is all booked for the 4th. The cast member I talked to said a lot of people are booking for the week right after Thanksgiving because they are not offering AP rates for Thanksgiving travel. The key is be flexible! Good Luck!

Shelley :wave:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I am staying at WL since that is more my style. When I was at the GF it was a bit too stuffy for me. But then again maybe that all depends on that time of year.

Upvote 0

AEfx

wdwparadise said:
We are really new to this and would really like your opionion on which of the deluxe resorts we should stay at. My wife really wants to stay at one of these four using our 15% off AAA discount: Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We do plan on also getting AP's since it will save $33 a person over 10 day UHP.

If money is a factor, go to the AKL. The AP discounts there are pretty good. I'm not a fan of the Poly, but many are - it's just not my style. If you are looking for more quiet elegance go to the GF, but if you want bustle and excitement book a tower room at the Contemporary (more expensive). Some even have MK views of SM and Cinderella Castle. You really can't get any closer to the magic than that.

AEfx

Upvote 0

swimmom

I have to agree with bgraham34. We love the WL. Since we haven't been there at Christmas yet, I can't speak firsthand about the decorations, but I understand that they are awesome. I can't wait to see them this Christmas! :xmas:

Upvote 0

winterparkbaby

anyone ever see the decs at saratoga springs for christmas??? just wondering. I will be staying there dec3-5. I had a choice between key west and saratoga and I thought that saratoga would have the more traditional decs for the holidays

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom