Which Park For July 4th Celebrations!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Well with 13 days to go before July 4th party gets under way at WDW.Which park would you choose to celebrate this great day ?...We have been lucky enough to enjoy this day twice out of our five visits..First time was on our first visit back in 2004. We ended up in Epcot and listened to The Voices Of Liberty that day,before a special Illuminations display which was awesome as it was dedicated to the armed forces.Then in July of 2010,we spent the entire day from morning till night at MK....Now I've read on here thousands of times about the crowds in the parks,but when it's a party day like this.I LOVE IT.:) So for those of you who don't mind the masses,which park would you opt for,and would you plan anything special for that day.?;)

matt9112

you already touched it but crowds....keep in mind crowds are the one reason some people will never go back to Disney world again. and obviously your past that =) but i still cant fathom it nothing would get me there when its that busy....TOT at night still is my best view ever of anything.

taz0162

MK would be way too crowded unless there are Magic Hours that extend after midnight it might be OK. Epcot WS could be a lot of fun. AK closes too early and I really don't think 4th of July or Fireworks at AK.

SMPTE MOUSE

We're going to do the Magic Kingdom. We got to WDW every year for Xmas so crowds are not a big deal to us. My nickel worth of advice: Go early and knockout the long lines first. Then relax the rest of the day on pick out a great place for the fireworks early.

acishere

Epcot. The extended Illuminations is worth it. Also the MK crowds would just be too much. They are so heavy right now I'd be afraid to see a holiday weekend this year.

Zman-ks

it would have to be MK or EPCOT...
75.gif

Yes....but I would pick EPCOT by a slim margin. :)

rsoxguy

I've done MK and EPCOT on Independence Day. The crowds are pretty tight, and I think that EPCOT would be easier to maneuver. I have developed the desire to stay away from WDW on bigger holidays because of the crowds, but as a Floridian with an annual pass it's not that big of a deal.

bubbles1812

I've been in only the MK on the 4th... It was insane in terms of the crowd levels. But! I would surprisingly say I would do it again under the same circumstances of that trip: We were actually staying at Universal, but the World Cup was going on. My brother the soccer nut desperately wanted to watch so we went to the ESPN club. My dad paid for mom and I to go into Epcot since we didnt want to watch and they came later. That was a few days before the 4th. This was supposed to be the only day at WDW for us, but I begged my brother to let us go to the MK on the holiday itself, and he nicely said ok.

All this being to the point that I would NOT want to be doing a weeklong vacation around the 4th of July. Universal was crowded but manageable. The MK was fun on the 4th because my family are a bunch of Fast Pass All-Stars so we got to do far more than the average guest that day. And it's true, you can't beat those fireworks. But battling those crowds for a whole week? Hell to the no.

Unomas

We are doing the studios. It has the best chance to be least crowded. Fantasmic is still a pretty good show for the 4th.

ToyStoryMiss

Even though I have never been there during the summer (I would die of heat poisoning), I would probably say Epcot or DHS. But more Epcot, because that has so much more.
Enjoy your 4th of July! :)

luv

They're both good. Prefer the MK during the day/evening. The World Showcase just gets way too crowded. But they're both really crowded, no doubt.

Epcot has fantastic fireworks added on, but the MK has a whole special show. Depends what you want. I prefer Epcot.

I didn't go see whatever they did at DHS last year. Not a fan of Fantasmic and figured the 4th version would be disappointing, too. Could be wrong!!

HolleBolleGijs

I'm planning on either Epcot or DHS. I'd love to hear the Voices of Liberty on the fourth, but I'm told that DHS still has a special show as well and probably won't be as crowded.

WannaBWendy

None! Did that already and swore I would never do it again! MK was so crowded and we had a hard time just trying to get out. Now, if you could get the people to all leave....

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Never been there on the 4th but I would think if I were to venture to The World for that holiday, I'd spend the day @ DAK and then get dinner at the Cali Grill and watch the MK fireworks from there. Hopefully there would be extra late EMH's @ MK that night and I'd head into the park late at night as everyone else is filing out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom