which one is better for christmas

bassman

Original Poster
i was just wonderin if you could me with a dilema.
me and my family are going to WDW this christmas for a week(becides our anual 2 week holiday in september) and we want to stop in a disney hotel for the week.
i was just wonderin if any1 could advise me on what hotel would be the best to stop in based on your own personal experiences.
thanks in advance.

durangojim

WL is a fantastic place to stay during Christmas, we've done it 3 times and have always had a wonderful time. Take a sleigh ride at night and enjoy the huge Christmas tree with a cup of hot cocoa.

MickeyTigg

I'm not sure I'd be too picky at this point. The resorts get pretty filled up for the holiday and unless you book soon, you may have to take what you can get.

Personally, I'd pick the Grand Floridian....they do a great job of decorating.

Epcot82Guy

I have to say either Grand Floridian, Yacht & Beach Clubs, or Boardwalk. They usually have the large gingerbread displays and do a bit more IMHO. As stated, though, book soon. Places will fill up quickly. Even if you don't get into one of these, you can definitely stop into them, browse around and enjoy them (without the price tag). disney will also put a Christmas tree into any room for a daily charge.

maelstrom

I've stayed at the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, and Riverside at Christmas time. The Poly and Wildy were the most Christmas like to me and even after visiting all the other resorts at Christmas, they still seem the best.

bassman

Original Poster
wow thanks everyone.
i looks as though WL is the most popular and sounds the best,i think that when we are in 'the world' this september we shall have a look around WL (obviously we will book it before then) and see what its like

bassman

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Wilderness Lodge looks the most christmassy..

But the GF has a great gingerbread house which is cool to see..

oh why did you go and say that, i am intrigued about GF now
oh darn it il just have to go and have a look around both:D

hcswingfield

The advantage to the Epcot resorts (Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk) is the easy walk to and from the candlelight processional, if you wish to see that. It's also a pleasant walk back from MGM after touring the Osbourne Lights (and/or Fantasmic). All the deluxe resorts do a great job of decorating for the holidays.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Epcot82Guy said:
I have to say either Grand Floridian, Yacht & Beach Clubs, or Boardwalk. They usually have the large gingerbread displays and do a bit more IMHO. As stated, though, book soon. Places will fill up quickly. Even if you don't get into one of these, you can definitely stop into them, browse around and enjoy them (without the price tag). disney will also put a Christmas tree into any room for a daily charge.

I agree that those three as well as WL and AKL are probably the most festive.
All in all, it's the best time of the year to visit. No matter where you stay, take the time to visit all of the major hotels.

MSUGoGreen22

The Grand Floridan always seems like it has the best Christmas spirit. The gingerbread house, the huge tree, and there is something about the smell inside the lobby area that makes it seem so great.

ErickainPA

WL without a doubt. The huge fireplace, the decorations and you can see the lit tree all day long, no matter how bright it is outside. We got married at the WL at Christmastime and it was perfect. :xmas:

It's nice to visit the other resorts to see the decorations as well, but would stay at the WL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom