• Splash Mountain

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Thunder Mountain

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters

MissM

speck76 said:
I think I have seen you at MGM before :wave:
*laughs* Yeah, probably wandering around waiting for my Love and my friend to be done with either ToT or Rockin' Rollercoaster! hee hee
-m

mrtoad

MadameCheshire said:
You actually don't get that wet on Splash Mountain.. usually.. it is just a little splash on one side of your body. (the side that is closest to the water)

Yes, you don't get too wet usually. If you sit in the right side and are unfortunate enough to stop next to the little waterfall after you drop, you will get wet. Poncho is a good idea if you don't want to get wet. I don't mind if my shirt gets wet, but if my pants to I hate it because you never seem to dry with the humidity.

WDWScottieBoy

I'm going to have to go with Splash only because of the thrill at the end and the overall theming of the ride. I've always loved it but this is a tough call. I'm a huge fan of the Disney mountain range.

ogryn

MissM said:
Sorry guys, I know it looks cool and seems wussy for everyone else but I simply don't ride rollercoasters and I don't ride things that fall (which mean yes, I don't ride ToT nor Rockin' Rollercoaster either *shudders*). I've tried different flume type rides (like the Tidelwave and the Log Flume at Busch Gardens) and they both scared the crap out of me. Six year olds ride them and love them and I ride them and cry. So ya know, you just have to know your limits sometimes. *chuckles*

It's why I love Big Thunder so much. It's a "thrill" ride (albiet a tame one) that I actually ride and like. Speed I don't mind. Lateral forces (push you straight back) I don't mind. Falls though I simply can't do. It's not fun for me at all.

(I'd love to see the theming of the ride which stinks though but *shrugs* what can you do.)
-m

I was just like you, but I realised that I was missing out on so much cool stuff. I worked my way up on the rides, from smaller coasters, up through loopers, to multi-loopers, with the drops getting bigger all the time.

I still don't really enjoy big drops, but I take them for the good of the ride. Especially rides like Splash Mountain, where the rest of the ride is so magical, and beautifully executed. The worst drop in Orlando is Kraken, and I even did that. I didn't enjoy that bit but the rest of the ride was awsome.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster hasn't even got any drops in it*! You should try it, as it feels so much more than a rollercoaster with the music pumping in the background.

You'll always get nervous when trying out new rides, but 99% of this is a fear of the unknown. All rides look worse than the actually are. If you watch the boats go down Splash, you may think "good they drop for ages", but in reality just slowly count to three in your head, and that's how long your going down for. It is over before you realise it.

Remember, start small, work your way up. Your already partially there by going on BTMRR. I'd say the next coasters you should go on are R'n'RC at MGM and Scorpion at Busch Gardens. If you can conquer those, then take Hulk and Montu. If you can do those then you can do anything! (Find someone to go on it with as well, I had to do Hulk, Montu, Dragons, Kraken for the first time by myself)You'll always be unsure, but bite your lip, strap yourself in, and once it starts you'll be fine. :king:

*OK, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster has drops in it, but honestly... you don't feel them. There are more loose your stomach moments on Big Thunder Mountain! Because you are going fast to start with you don't loose your stomach. Also most of its changes in altitude are banked helixes. If you turn as you change altitude, you are less likely to loose your stomach. Look at Kumba's first drop, it turns, which makes it a lot tamer than say Kraken's [shudders] (which is straight).

DisneyFan 2000

PhilosophyMagic said:
Seriously, does anyone here really, really love Space Mountain?

I voted for Splash Mountain but I love Space Mountain. It holds a special place in my heart. My first coaster and with some of my best friends riding along with me. It'll always be amazing to me!

disneydawg

I've always been partial to Big Thunder, I realize Splash is probably more complete in terms of theming but Big Thunder was one of the main reasons I loved MK as a kid. Because of that I'll always be partial to Big Thunder.

AEfx

MissM said:
Splash mountain I've never ridden and won't for two reasons. 1) I despise drops. The feeling of your stomach going up into your throat is horrible and I won't do anything that gives you that and 2) I don't want to get wet and be soggy walking around the park. So uncomfortable.

-m

Oh, MissM, please reconsider!

My mom has simmilar feelings (she did Big Thunder once and swore off any other "thrill" ride), but I finally got her to understand that Splash Mountain is all about the 10 minutes before the drop. The ride inside is spectacular, really the best Audio-Animatronics Disney has done. It's really long, and by the time you get to the drop most people really don't care.

I finally got her to ride, and it's now her favorite WDW attraction. She dreads the drop, but thinks the rest of it is so worth it.

AEfx

stitch131313

MissM said:
Splash mountain I've never ridden and won't for two reasons. 1) I despise drops. The feeling of your stomach going up into your throat is horrible and I won't do anything that gives you that and 2) I don't want to get wet and be soggy walking around the park. So uncomfortable.

So....yeah. I know. It's appalling. But true darnit. :p
-m

It not appalling . I havn't been on Splash yet because I hate drops too.
So between the two I've been on, I say that Thunder is the best. Much better ride, and it has Billy Goats :cool:

And MissM I'm with you on the Busch Gardens Log flume. I still have the scars :cry:

MissM

ogryn said:
Rock 'n' Rollercoaster hasn't even got any drops in it*! You should try it, as it feels so much more than a rollercoaster with the music pumping in the background.

You'll always get nervous when trying out new rides, but 99% of this is a fear of the unknown. All rides look worse than the actually are. If you watch the boats go down Splash, you may think "good they drop for ages", but in reality just slowly count to three in your head, and that's how long your going down for. It is over before you realise it.

Remember, start small, work your way up. Your already partially there by going on BTMRR. I'd say the next coasters you should go on are R'n'RC at MGM and Scorpion at Busch Gardens. If you can conquer those, then take Hulk and Montu. If you can do those then you can do anything! (Find someone to go on it with as well, I had to do Hulk, Montu, Dragons, Kraken for the first time by myself)You'll always be unsure, but bite your lip, strap yourself in, and once it starts you'll be fine. :king:
You're kidding right? The Rockin' Rollercoaster one GOES UPSIDE DOWN! *gack! falls over*

Sorry guys, really. I know you think coasters and such are no big deal but the only way you'd ever get me on something like Montu (Montu!) is if someone dragged my already dead corpse onto it. It just ain't happening. You could give me a million bucks and I still couldn't do it.

Splash Mountain may be cool, it may be quick, it may be the best ride in the world, but that 1........2..........3....... of the drop is Hell for me and so utterly unenjoyable that it'll ruin the rest of my day. You can't fathom how I would not go on something like that, I can't fathom how you do. *shudders*
-m

sissa216

Space

Space Mountain!! Hands Down!!
Course, i'm sorta partial.
But hello!! "does anyone really love space mountain"
Have you SEEN the way people run towards it? Granted, the theming may lack a real story or purpose, but its still there!!

MissM

stitch131313 said:
It not appalling . I havn't been on Splash yet because I hate drops too.
So between the two I've been on, I say that Thunder is the best. Much better ride, and it has Billy Goats :cool:

And MissM I'm with you on the Busch Gardens Log flume. I still have the scars :cry:
(oops sorry I didn't see your reply until I posted mine)

*Forms the We Hate Rides With Drops Association*
Here you go. Member #2. We'll meander over to Big Thunder and the rest of them can *shudder* go fall off things.
-m

yensidtlaw1969

MissM said:
I know what you can do. This is a classic ride that i think everyone should enjoy or atleast experience once. It truly is one of Imagineerings best. Anyway, if you sit in any row other than the first row on the left side you won't get wet other then a possible drop of water on your shoulder. When you go down the drops just scream or yell either from fright or enjoyment. Just scream "AAAAAAHH!" or yeall "WOOOOHOOO!" and that will got rid of the stomach in your throat I'm gonna hurl kinda feeling (though I love that feeling!). If you do these things you should be set to enjoy the attraction itself and not have to worry about the "neucances" (sp?) such as wettness or the big drop or little drops. Believe it or not you get so into the story that you forget about the drops! Either way, if you are really that uncomfortable about riding then don't.Hope this helps.
Yensidtlaw1969

SirGoofy

Splash, hands down. It's my favorite WDW attraction that is still around. It has great theming, AA's(the most important part), music, and thrills. Space is second(and yes I LOVE Space) because I love the queue(although it needs some updated effects) and it has classical thrills. Thunder is last to me. I still love the The ride is completely themed, but its que is the WORST in creation.

MagicalMonorail

Splash 100%. It is my favorite ride at WDW. The theming is fantastic. The whole feel of it is fun and light-hearted. Not to mention the great songs. This ride is great!

phlydude

If I'm waiting in line for an hour, I want a 12 minute ride!!

Besides that, Splash has such an awesome theme plus a little splash in the summer helps cool you down a bit!

RnRJoe6114

1. Splash- theming and of course the drop!
2. Space- classic (bumpyness adds to the thrill)
3. Thunder (got to sit in back- love the whip lash)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom