Which month is better for a WDW vacation & why - April, May, September, October?

Mikester71

So we just got back from our fourth Spring Break WDW vacation with the kids and my wife and I are already missing it something awful. This trip was supposed to be just me and my wife celebrating our 20th anniversary, but someone :)lookaroun me :lookaroun) thought that the kids would REALLY enjoy and appreciate going this time since they were at that perfect age for riding all the big rides. I figured maybe this would be our last big family vacation since the kids are getting older and are spending more time with their friends and boyfriend/girlfriend(s), so talked myself and my wife into thinking bringing them was a good idea. Boy, was I wrong! :hammer:Both complained on a number of different occasions and my son actually came right out and said that he wished he could have just stayed home instead. His problem was he just got his first girlfriend recently and hated leaving her behind for 12 days with a passion. When he realized he was stuck with us for the long haul, he became a "debbie downer" to be around and fought and complained constantly.

Forward ahead to this weekend. My wife and I were sitting around discussing how much we both LOVED being down there and how much fun we could have had, not to mention how much cheaper it would have been, had it just been us two. So I say to her, why don't we just go down there, the two of us, for 10 days. We can do whatever we want and not have to listen to someone complain about it. We can go at our own pace and spend more time relaxing around the resort pool and doing some of the things that the kids tried to put a damper on this trip. So as we are discussing our little getaway, we start to think, what months should we consider going? Seeings how we have only been during our Spring Break (middle of March) to accommodate the kids schooling, we know nothing about traveling to WDW during any of the other months. I've read different views and opinions on here and have listened to my friend (who's been way more than me) talk about his past trips during different times of the year and what he liked/disliked about each time. As much as I LOVE going during our Spring Break in March to get a break from our long, COLD Canadian winters, this past trip finally made me want to try the parks during another time of year. The parks were just WAY too busy again and we ended up missing many of the rides and attractions again.

So after all this (sorry for being long-winded here :eek:), I was wondering which month out of the four I listed in my title do YOU find to be the best and why?? Would like some opinions taking into account weather, crowd levels, price, promotions, special events, etc.)

Little Lion Man

October: MNSSHP, F&W Festival, low crowds, nice weather, sometimes free dining

This pretty much nails it. My family has gone 5 out of the last 8 Octs. We usually go a couple of days before halloween. MK is usually the only crowded park those days but the day after halloween and the rest of the week is usually dead. We stayed for a week everytime and out of all those days i think it rained twice. The temp. is always awesome. Days around 75 and nights in the high 50's. Going this Oct and caint wait. Plus if your into music they have booked better bands during Food and Wine like Sister Hazel and Sugar Ray. JMO

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Original Poster
LOVING all the opinions and expertise guys...many thanks!!! :sohappy: Learning quite a bit here; keep them coming! :wave:

I'm thinking, after reading all your comments, that it will most likely end up being October or May. Another thing making next October that much more attractive right now is that it will be my wife's 40th birthday. Plus, can't remember 100%, but isn't the FLE supposed to finished (or close to) by then? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom