Which moderate to choose?

Nesian

Hey, just need some advice. Of all of the moderates, which one do you think is the best as far as transportation to the parks? I was going to book POFQ, but then heard both French Quarter and Riverside share buses, which becomes problematic. Anyone with any experience with these hotels? My main concern is efficiency in transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

RonAnnArbor

The best moderate transportation in the World by far far far is Port Orleans French Quarter. They don't always share busses with Riverside, but some routes do. We have dozens of threads identical to yours. Just as a heads up, if you are making efficiency in transportation your main concern, you are going to be sorely upset no matter which resort, value, moderate, or deluxe that you choose. That being said, I dont stay at any resort anymore except POFQ, 3 or 4 times a year because they combine the best aspects of small resort, easy to walk to rooms, and the best overall transportation on property. That DOES NOT mean that sometimes you don't have waits at the resort (or back to it). Finally -- when POFQ and RIV share busses, they stop at POFQ first, except for the Downtown Disney bus -- but then you have boat transportation to DD as an option as well.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Hey, just need some advice. Of all of the moderates, which one do you think is the best as far as transportation to the parks? I was going to book POFQ, but then heard both French Quarter and Riverside share buses, which becomes problematic. Anyone with any experience with these hotels? My main concern is efficiency in transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I know it's bad manners to ask a question to a question,but why is this a big concern? All the busses will get you to the parks.Ive stayed at CBR and POFQ and PORS and all the transport was ok.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Actually, I would disagree there -- without a doubt, CBR had the worst transportation I have ever experienced outside of the DVC resorts (which is understandable since the majority of people there have cars)...when you need a bus just to get to breakfast, its not practical anymore...plus every single bus makes the 7-stop route...and the busses there seem to run every half hour rather than every 20 minutes like POFQ and RIV...

Upvote 0

PUSH

I've never had any problems with buses at POR except for one night when leaving the MK one bus broke down. You can't blame the hotel for that, though. I've stayed at POR 5 or 6 times and will continue to stay there. I've never been dissatisfied with the resort or it's transportation. I recommend it to anyone.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

CSR was great when we stayed in October. Busses at least every 20 minutes (never waited more than 10) for wherever you were headed and did not share with any other resorts. Four stops within the resort meant a short walk back to your room no matter what.

Upvote 0

sloppy.joey

I've stayed at POR and loved it! The transportation was great however, when they combined POFQ with it the lines could get quite long. I've also stayed at CSR and the transportation was great there as well! It also didn't have the lines of the POR or POFQ. The upside to POR and POFQ is the senic boat ride to DD as well. Remember, don't let the transportation decide your resort try to find a resort that matches your personality and taste. I've stayed at PC, ASMovies, POR, CSR, Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, and I'm headed for the ASMusic Thursday (CAN'T WAIT!!!!:) ). I've never waited more then 15 minutes for transport (average for me was about 5-10 minutes) so try not to let that influence your decision too much!

Upvote 0

luv

I haven't taken the bus enough to know, but I do know that I hear as many complaints about one as I do about another.

The general consensus seems to be that CSR has the best bussing, but people complain about it, too.

Upvote 0

sbkline

I think I have to agree that CBR was the worst in regards to bus service, but I guess it all depends on which section you stay in. We were in Trinidad South which is apparently either the last or the second to the last "island" on the bus loop. Seems like we were the first stop for the busses going out and the last stop for the busses coming back in. I guess if you stayed on the very first "island", then you wouldn't have any complaints. LOL But it's been 5 years since we stayed at POR, so I can't remember how the bus service was there, but I do remember stopping at FQ first, and then there are different stops for Alligator Bayou, and the different Magnolia Mansions, as well as the main building. At CSR, there is the main building, plus the stops for the different Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas. So no matter which one you stay at, there will be multiple stops. Whether you like the bus service or not I guess depends on whether you are one of the lucky ones to get put in the section where the bus stop first coming back and last going out.

You didn't say whether you will be travelling with youngsters, but here is another thing to consider if you are. We had our 2 3/4 year old daughter with us last time at CBR and we were on the second floor and there are no elevators. So I would carry the stroller up and down the steps with my daughter in it. lol Plus, it was a pain to have to carry everything else up and down the stairs with no elevators.

Upvote 0

kelsar

I haven't stayed at CSR, but of CBR and the PO resorts, POFQ is the best. The bus comes to POFQ before heading to POR, and if it fills up in the morning, it will go straight to your destination (at least from my experience). At CBR, if you're using take the internal bus system before getting on the bus to your destination, that will add a bit of time to your commute.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I am not sure if any resort has the "best" bussing over another all the time. Stayed at CSR 6 days and the bussing from the resort was quick, but had some issues returning to the resort from MK. Stayed at CBR and overall pretty quick buses. Of course the CSR stay was over Easter and the CBR stay in October so ...when you stay probably affects bus times as much as where you stay. Probably the longest route was when we stayed at the BC..I remember stops at the Swan and the Dolphin and then the Yacht Club..before hitting the BC..sometimes I would get off at the YC and get a cocktail and then hit the room..But overall I think Disney does pretty good with their mass transit system...not sure how the bus wait times work for POR and POFQ, have yet to stay there !

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World lists the following average (and maximum) travel times in minutes to MK, EP, DHS, and DAK respectively:

- POR: 22 (32), 23 (33), 24 (34), 28 (40)
- POFQ: 22 (32), 25 (36), 24 (34), 28 (40)
- CBR: 30 (42), 34 (48), 23 (33), 32 (46)
- CSR: 22 (31), 19 (27), 18 (26), 19 (28)

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR in a heartbeat! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds and the rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous. The rooms also have a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

Amenities include a fitness center, spa, free wi-fi, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club. Beginning in 2013, club level rooms will be offer to guests.

The resort offers the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great and all located in one area at the main pool.

Bus service is terrific and is not shared with another resort.

Check out my sites below

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

buses are only a problem with poor planning. If you head to the parks when 4000 people at the resort are heading to the parks at the same time, then it is a problem. If you leave right after wishes with 25,000 people, buses are going to be a problem. I leave at least an hour before park opening to avoid the morning rush. I leave the parks before or well after the cattle herding at park closing.

As for best buses at a moderate, I would have to say CSR. Most of the guests there are conventioners. The buses are usually only partially filled at most times. The 3 stops are very fast.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I love POFQ and if the Beach Club hadn't been so cheap I'd be going back there. While I rarely use the buses (I always have a hire car), I have never encountered any real problems. If you don't mind too much and depending on the time, you could always get the bus to Downtown and then take a little boat trip back to POFQ.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom