Which Moderate resort do you recommend?

DWlover

Hi all! We are heading back down to DW the last week of Oct. This will be our fourth trip and plan on upgrading to a moderate resort. (We've always stayed at POP on previous trips). Anyway, just curious which of the four moderate resorts is recommended. We will only need a regular room (not a suite) since it will just be two adults, one 11 year old and a two year old.

I'm also curious about the dining plan. We've also never taken advantage of it before, but are looking into doing it this year. I've seen a few posts about people not liking the changes. If we've never used this option before will the change be a big deal to us? Or is it just a change for those used to using that plan?

Questions, questions. I feel like the more we go to DW the more questions I come up with each and every time I plan the trip. LOL!!

Thanks to all the experts out there!!

bcuinohio

We stayed at PORS in 2002 and really liked it. The pool was very nice. The thing that we liked was the fishing hole for kids. I think that all of Disney's resorts are fun in their own special way. You will have a good time in whichever resort you choose.

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy:throw in another vote for por.we have stayed at all the moderates and several deluxes. por is by far the best value and we felt like it was just as good if not better than the deluxe.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

fizzle75

We stayed at CBR back in April of '06 and we really liked it. It's a beautiful and colorful resort that carries out it's theme very well. The only negative aspect of CBR as far as we're concerned is the massive layout and occasionally poor bus service. Our room in Aruba was pretty far away from Old Port Royale but it was a gorgeous walk to get there so it wasn't that big of a deal. We loved Old Port Royale, especially the gift shop. The food court isn't the greatest but it was by no means bad either, there are several different stations serving various types of food so you're sure to find something to please everyone in your party. We never did eat at Shutters so I can't comment on it.

We have never stayed at Port Orleans but we spent the better part of a day visiting Riverside back in October of last year. It is a gorgeous resort, I could spend all day there just walking around. POR has one of the best gift shops and the best food court on property in my opinion. We really want to stay there one day but since it isn't a DVC resort it'll chew up tons of points to stay there.:(

You really can't go wrong with either one, it just all depends on what sounds appealing to you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom