Which is Scarier?

Laura

Premium Member
I don't find anything at Disney scary. :lol:

I have a pretty good sense of the difference between an animatronic dino and a real one I think. :lol:

MomofKatie

Dinosaur is scary (or intense, IMO) because of what you see. The dinosaurs, the meteor, etc make it intense and startling, IMO, but not scary.

AE was scary because of what you couldn't see- the feeling od being out of control and not knowing what was going on was what made it so scary.

What you imagine is always scarier than what you see, IMO.

gettingsmaller

This is probably about the best answer I've seen about this. AE was scary (first time, especially) because you can't see anything and you don't know what they're going to do to you--and you can't get out of that seat even if you wanted to!

Dinosaur is mainly loud and bumpy with some surprise close encounters with dinos.

In either case, after you've done it once and know what to expect, it isn't nearly as bad, but AE had the creepiness of being trapped in the dark and just not knowing what was coming (and was a REALLY GREAT attraction, by the way), but I can see little kids having some trauma from it and I guess I can understand changing it to Stitch (haven't gone to it as Stitch, though).

stephdanielle

I agree with what a lot of the rest have you said, Dinosaur is more just loud than it is scary. That being said, I still can see how some would find it scary, especially sitting on an end of vehicle.
Also, I completely agree with those who said AE is one of the scariest attractions they've been on. I went on it years ago (before Stitch obviously) and was terrified, after that never went on it until this year when I figured it was Stitch now and um I'm quite a few years older I should be fine...yeah, not so much. Still bothered me a lot....now maybe it could just be I was remembering what it was and had psyched myself out so much but I still found it quite frightening, and apparently so did all the under 7 crowd in there with me who were in tears screaming!

LeeSeeBabe

I went on AE during the sneak previews when I was YOUNG. I came out bawling my eyes out and traumatized for the rest of the Disney trip.

I went on Dinosaur for the first time the last time I went to WDW and I was scared outa my mind! I sat on the end in the front. I really thought that A dinosaur was going to hit me in the head or something. Definitively exciting!

Tim G

Alien Encounter had the biggest Scare Factor...

Dinosaur is too predictable to be very scary...

Alien Encounter: 90 Scare Points

Dinosaur: 5 Scare Points

Hauted Mansion 3 Score Points

Small World: 2 Scare Points

jiminy.cricket

It's all psychological! I think both are equally scary. I think a lot of other attractions at WDW are as well, which is why I can't keep my eyes open on a lot of attractions.

SeaBreeze

I never even considered Dinosaur as a scary ride until this past year when someone said it was terrifying, silly me :lol: Since then, I've noticed that kids seem to scream their lungs out on it... it's an intense ride for sure, but it never scared me for whatever reason. AE was much scarier IMO, but I think that's because it was more of a psychological terror. The less you show me, the scarier I think it is!

...however, when I was little the Alien scene in GMR was the absolute scariest thing in the world!

I'd say ToT is scarier than all of the above but, again, it's a pyschological thing for me :animwink:

We like them both, but my husband liked AE, especially with friends who had never been on it before. When the collar would lower around your head he would hold it up so he could move. Then durning the show when the lights went out he would reach over and grab whoever was with us. After one incident the wife of the other couple was almost in tears she was so terrified. She could believe that Disney had employee's running around in the dark grabbing people by on the shoulders. After we stopped laughing so hard we told her the truth. She won't ride Stitch even today.

janni518

Dinosaur scared the heck out of me but only the first time. After that it was just fun and funny. My son and his wife went on AE and advised me not to try it. I have to wonder now if they were just pulling my leg. :ROFLOL:

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
AE definitly had the creepy-ness factor with it - as said before - harnessed in, and not able to move while the "hot breath" was on your neck - and then the "lizard like tongue licked your head".

Dino - is just thrilling. Always moving, never able to really focus on anything for a length of time. Just as you figure out what it is or what it's doing - ZOOOOM off you go!

I've never been scared on Dino - but AE definitly creep-ed me out! (and I went on that one like 40 times while it was open).

darthjohnny

I think it depends what you would react too.

Both were loud and took place mostly in the dark.

Alien Encounter was more a mental, sensory scare.

Dinosaur is a more in your face type deal.

Damien666

When it comes down to it, everyone has their own views on what scares them.

Though I can see why both attractions would be scary to people.

AE was a total mindbender with having your imagination do the work on scaring you. Because of that it was a hit or miss on weither it would be scary or not. (Myself it got me pretty good, and the tongue effect never failed to make me jump.)

With Dinosaur, I never found it scary. It was more fast and loud to me, however with the Dinos popping out all over the place it can scare people pretty good.

Though overall, AE was far more scary then Dinosaur. In fact I considered it the scariest attraction in Flordia.

jsfra209

They are both equally high on the stupid meter.

Why do you think they are both stupid? I think that while neither are really scary, they are both brilliantly done and have fantastic effects in both respectivley.

Why not express an actual opinion instead of trolling the boards spreading negativity? I see that you just joined...welcome, from all of us...but I think it's important to tell you that this site is full of people that have respect for each other, respect for the art and genius or Disney, and respect for opinion of all kinds that are presented in a rational and kind way. If you are simply looking for a board to "act up" on then please look elsewhere...otherwise, hang up all your "hang-up's" and join the family!

Again, welcome..and please dont post like this again. :animwink:

badrew

Ok So here i was at the librarry when i see the unofficial guide to disney 2006.I skipped around and found dinasour and to my amazement the reveiws scared me. They said that Dinasorur was more scary then Alien Encounter! I had to ride Dinasour with my eys closed the whole time i was so scared but as scary as alien encounter, psh i dont think so. SO what do you say is scarier?

I never went on AE, but I love Dinosaur. I don't think it is all that bad, and I can be a baby when it comes to rides. Do it again with your eyes open, you'll love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom