Which is better? POFQ or Saratoga Springs?

WDWF

Which resort would you say is better to stay at for a 14 day stay Port Orleans French Quarter or Saratoga Springs?

Apart from Saratoga being more expensive, is it better than going to French quarter and saving money to spend on Dining or in the parks?

Gregger

I stayed at both and I prefer POFQ. Saratoga is LARGE and if your apartment is far away from the main bldg it can be a 10-15 min walk while POFQ is small and walking is not a problem. The bus system works better at POFQ because it normally is the only stop/pick up but can pick up at riverside (1 stop) once in awhile. At Saratoga when we stayed there I think we were one of three stops and it seemed like it took about 20 min to get out of the complex. Also POFQ has many trees and in the hot summer it makes it a little cooler if that's possible :). It all depends on what you are looking for....Saratoga has better restaurants and pools as they just added a new pool. Hope this helps a little....

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Only stayed at POFQ and I absolutely love everything about this resort. I have never stayed at SSR, but I've seen the resort map and in person and man oh man that place is so spread out and huge, even more than CBR & CSR! I would definately save the money and stay at POFQ in a heartbeat. You will still have the boat ride to DTD too! :)

Upvote 0

Artoo

I've only stayed at POFQ (twice) and I'm with MouseDreaming. When I saw the grounds, I wondered what happened to the trees. I didn't really care for the theming of SS, but I've never stayed there and have only seen the exterior, so I guess I shouldn't judge. POFQ is my favorite resort, though. I love that it's right by the river and isn't as sprawled out as some of the other resorts seem.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Also keep in mind as Saratoga Springs is a DVC property the set up of the rooms will be different. There will be pull out beds as opposed to the 2 regular queen sized beds at FQ so that could make a difference. Also what type of unit are you looking to book? The one bedrooms and up do have full kitchens so if that is a feature you are looking for, that might sway you, as the regular resorts dont have anything like that. My personal choice would be FQ without a doubt as for my traveling party, the pullout beds dont work for us. Good luck!! Marie

Upvote 0

msmit002

Apples to oranges

Kinda hard to pit the two against one another since SS is in the Deluxe category and POFQ is a moderate.

Neither are bad, IMHO, just not in the same category and hard to compare. Depending on your family, one will be closer to perfect while the other will be closer to...not so much. ;)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

It's really not a fair comparision. POFQ is a normal hotel, while SSR is DVC units. So POFQ has a mini fridge, but SSR will have at least that, with a microwave, dishes, possibly full kitchen (1br or larger). Even a studio unit at SSR should be no smaller than a POFQ room, and often larger. Since it's not a standard second bed, but rather the pull out couch, if it is just a party of two, you can have significantly more room in a DVC studio than a normal WDW resort room. If you do a 1br or larger at SSR, you get in room laundry. Over a 14 day trip you will most likely want to do laundry, and being able to start the load and then just head to the park means thats 2 hours you don't need to sit around and wait to check the laundry. But as you said, POFQ is significantly cheaper. The rooms are outstanding, but it is just an overall different experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom