Which is a better thrill ride: Splash Mountain or Space Mountain?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Space is a thrill ride - Splash is a well themed dark ride. Splash is my favourite of the two because of all the attention to detail and the story line

AEfx

Erika said:
Which is a better ride? Splash- it's one of my favorites

Which is a bigger thrill? Space

Exactly.

Personally, I'd hesitate to even call Splash a "thrill" ride, since the drop at the end is really more of a visual thing instead of an actual physical thrill.

Splash is an amazing, intricate, immersive AA-laden experience that is (IMHO) the last great attraction built at WDW.

Space is two old mouse coasters from the 1970's run next to each other in the dark, shaking you back and forth.

Physically, Splash is much tamer - and IMHO a much better ride.

Of course, your mileage will vary. ;)

AEfx

Borf7

I don't like using the word "thrill." Everyone gets a thrill from different things. I like a ride with a story line and some action on top of it which is why I like Splash better. I agree with these guys though. Calling Splash a thrill ride may not be the right term but I definitely like it better. As far as roller coasters go, Space Mountain needs some changes. I can wait til EE opens. Hopefully i'll be a cast member in the fall and then get some previews of it.

magicfan

To me,
which is a better thrill ride? Space
Which provides the biggest thrill? Splash

Splash is my favorite of the two. It's an overall better ride.

Astronaut Jones

I would very non-objectively argue Splash Mountain to be the best Disney World attraction. It's just incredible. It's extremely cute and fun which very effectively revives that child-like excitement while at the same time building this quasi-ominous tension that you can feel in your gut until thrown down Chikapin(sp?) hill. It's also got some length to it unlike Space Mountain. Though i like Space Mountain quite a bit all the same.

sydsmom1997

I love Splash because it mixes both storyline/visuals with that great drop. I haven't ridden Space in 5 years, but always listed that as one of my top thrills. A friend of mine just got back and said that Space "beat the crap" out of her when she rode it. She jokingly suggested that maybe they should devote an area of the building to an onsite chiropractor. I don't recall feeling that slammed 5 years ago. To those of you that have ridden Space in the last year, has it really gotten that rough? Or is my friend being a drama queen?

KaliSplash

Splash Mountain is the very best attraction in any theme park any where.

Space Mountain is more thrilling. (and the Rocking Roller Coaster is more thrilling than Space!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom