Which Hotel

belle0517

I am helping a friend (WDW newbie) plan a trip for November. This is really fun for me because they are not limited by a budget! (must admit I am a slight shade of green with envy) They are a family of 4 (4y & 7y). She cannot decide on which hotel to pick. I told her I would do an informal poll on this site to see what the WDW experts say. I think they should either stick to MK resort or Epcot resort. She doesn't have a preference. Please give me your input and tell me your reason why so that I can share it with her. Thanks!

tigsmom

With small kids I would stay at a MK resort and on the monorail if possible.

We loved the Polynesian and the kids really liked the volcano pool, the fact you can see the fireworks from the beach and then stick around for the Electric Water Parade.

The Contemporary was nice, but not our favorite. We love the WL and the boat ride to the MK is fun especially when you go over the road. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is fun for kids of all ages.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I have to say the Grand Floridian! It is my favorite resort, it is beautiful and you can't beat the location. The MK view rooms are amazing and if they don't have a budget I highly recommend the MK view. The rooms are clean and spacious. We had a MK view room two years in a row and it was so nice to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine after the children fell asleep and watch the fireworks and hear and see the sights from the Magic Kingdom. The resort has great places to eat and a character breakfast and dinner. They also have children activities like the Alice and Wonderland Tea Party and the Pirate Cruise. The pool is wonderful and it also has a water slide. I think the resort is very child friendly. We will be returning in December :xmas: . Have fun planning:wave:

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

With young kids, I'd say the Polynesian over the Grand Floridian... It can be fun with youngsters but also relaxing to watch the water parade off the beach at night. Last time I stayed there we were in the concierge level - if money isn't an option I think that is a must for them. Free snacks and a great place to watch the night stuff.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Stay at a monorail hotel, either the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian.
Being very close to the Magic Kingdom is important, at least in my view.
If the budget is unlimited, they could even consider a Concierge level room.

If neither of those choices is appealing for some reason, then the next recommendation would be the Wilderness Lodge Villas.

Have fun.
:king: :king: :king:

Upvote 0

DisneyNme

I agree with tigsmom, Wilderness lodge is a fun place to be. You got the boats to MK, The Whispering Canyon, hop over to the campground for a little Hoop Dee Doo, they could check out Chip And Dales Campfire. I would send em there! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Teenchy

Unlimited budget(as in movie/rock star$$) or dont mind spending alot of $$ on a deluxe suite.

Unlimited I would go for the presidential suite at the Contemporary....was the closet room with the best view of MK beofre they built Cindy's suite in the castle!

But if its more like they dont mind paying for a deluxe resort, than I would pick Poly concierge with MK view. They will get the best of everything, on the monorail, great theming, fun pool, still romantic for mom & dad.
My next choice would be WL for same reasons as earlier post. And although I really like GF, I think the kids would have more fun at Poly or WL, plus mom & dad would still enjoy it!

Upvote 0

lpet11984

I've always wanted to stay at the Poly... it's one of my favorite resorts and explore. It's so beautiful and seems to have this classic appeal. Plus you can't beat the convenience of being on the monorail loop.

Upvote 0

belle0517

Original Poster
Thanks to all for your quick responses. I think I am seeing a Poly theme here. I think the proximity to MK will be a benefit because of the ages of the kids. And I know Matt and Lisa will love the atmosphere. Thanks for your help! This site is awesome!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom