Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

• Albertsons 100 N John Young Pkwy Kissimmee, FL 34741

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Goodings (Across from Dtwn. Disney Enterance)

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Goodings (West on 192)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Publix (East on 192) 2925 International Dr. Kissimmee, Fl.

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Different Location (Please post your location)

Votes: 24 21.8%

• Total voters

crazygirley

We usually hit up the Wal-Mart on Sand Lake and John Young... the prices to get snacks on-site is ridiculous, and the Goodings at Crossroads is just as crazy! -BUT- if I had to buy snacks on-site, I would get them at the little store at the Boardwalk... they have the greatest selection. The name of the store escapes me, but I am sure someone knows.

TheDisneyGirl02

There's a Publix not too far off of 535 and a Winn-Dixie on 535 (turn left when you get to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd). I love Publix...but Walmart is nice too but a little far away when you just want to get to the magic! The best part about Gooding's is the carpeted floors...now that's something to see!

TheDisneyGirl02

Gail Hayden

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
There's a Publix not too far off of 535 and a Winn-Dixie on 535 (turn left when you get to the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd). I love Publix...but Walmart is nice too but a little far away when you just want to get to the magic! The best part about Gooding's is the carpeted floors...now that's something to see!

TheDisneyGirl02
I like Super Wal*Mart.

Yep, the carpeting is something at Goodings. I imagine it is there to take the sting out of the price gouging they do.

crazygirley

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
The best part about Gooding's is the carpeted floors...now that's something to see!

TheDisneyGirl02
OMG, there is carpet in Goodings! Wow! I never realized that, but am picturing it!!!

I also remember the Publix at 192 and International. That is a nice one, too.

crazygirley

There's also the SuperTarget across from the Mall at Millenia... if you prefer Target over Wal-Mart.

Where else... I could go on forever!

figmentfan

I LOVE Publix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also bias, because I work there, but it is the BEST gorcery store in the world. Publix is only located in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina. Publix prides itself on customer service and quality products. Also, the stores are very clean.

When shopping for snacks at Disney, go to a Florida store, Publix Supermarkets, "Where Shopping is a Pleasure."

cherrynegra

This is a very good informative discussion. I know people usually want to find out where to shop for essentials without paying exorbitant prices. I usually make a stop at Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland Road just a wee bit down from Goodings.

And this might just be an assumption on my part, but shouldn't this discussion be held in the trip planning section? I know that is a particularly popular forum and I'm sure many could benefit from the discussion here.

Chape19714

I normally Camp in an RV at Fort Willderness, so I am my own grocery store. lol. For little things We Forget, The Medow or Settlement Trading Posts suffice. For Bigger or hard to find things, such as when we stopped in on our way back from Philly, We went to the Publix, but the Goodings is nice too. DID YOU KNOW: The founder of Publix, (name has slipped my mind) and Walt Disney were good friends? Just a fun Fact. lol.

phlydude

Wal-Mart on Sand Lake and John Young or Target on OBT and Town Center Dr (Albertson's is there too I think...)

Oh yeah, Can't forget Costco on OBT just south of Central FL Pkwy and BJs on Osceola just past John Young

mrtoad

I'm glad this came up. We are going in late January and wanted to do some shopping for stuff for the fridge in the room. We never have had a fridge before but will this time and don't know where to shop. We are going to be staying at the Polynesian which is really above our normal price range which is part of why we will be eating breakfast and such in the room.

What stores are closest to that area that are decent? Also could you give some sort of info so I could find them?

Thanks,
Mike

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
The best one nearby. Good prices, great selection, and there's a Subway in the same shopping center. Located 3 mins from WDW (how I drive), or 7 minutes how you drive :D

Publix #812
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821-6847
407-238-9924

figmentfan

Chape19714 said:
DID YOU KNOW: The founder of Publix, (name has slipped my mind) and Walt Disney were good friends? Just a fun Fact. lol.

The founder of Publix Supermarkets: George Jenkins.

You know, George Jenkins and Walt Disney looked the same, and had the same ideas about the American family and customer service.

mrtoad

Thanks. :)

mkt said:
The best one nearby. Good prices, great selection, and there's a Subway in the same shopping center. Located 3 mins from WDW (how I drive), or 7 minutes how you drive :D

Publix #812
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821-6847
407-238-9924

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom