Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

• Albertsons 100 N John Young Pkwy Kissimmee, FL 34741

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Goodings (Across from Dtwn. Disney Enterance)

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Goodings (West on 192)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Publix (East on 192) 2925 International Dr. Kissimmee, Fl.

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Different Location (Please post your location)

Votes: 24 21.8%

• Total voters

crazydaveh

I hit Wal-Mart and Publix over off of Sandlake before I go to WDW or Universal. We always pack a lunch, or get a Publix sub to take with us when we're low on funds for food.

MickeyLuv'r

I'm somewhat off topic here, but Wegmen's is the best grocery store in the world...in New York and Pennsylvania...I just wish they would go national!

cm1988

mkt said:
The best one nearby. Good prices, great selection, and there's a Subway in the same shopping center. Located 3 mins from WDW (how I drive), or 7 minutes how you drive :D

Publix #812
8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821-6847
407-238-9924

Directions to this Publix...
Turn right at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd, heading towards I-4.

As you proceed towards the I-4 exchange, head towards the left lane.

Go under I-4, then turn left at the next light - Vineland Avenue.
That's the intersection where you see "Bahama Breeze"/"Golden Corral"

Follow Vineland Ave as it winds around for 1.1 miles to the shopping center on the right.

As Rob said, it takes about 3 minutes to get there.

disneywy

cm1988 said:
Directions to this Publix...
Turn right at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd, heading towards I-4.

As you proceed towards the I-4 exchange, head towards the left lane.

Go under I-4, then turn left at the next light - Vineland Avenue.
That's the intersection where you see "Bahama Breeze"/"Golden Corral"

Follow Vineland Ave as it winds around for 1.1 miles to the shopping center on the right.

As Rob said, it takes about 3 minutes to get there.

You can also get there from taking World Drive to International Drive and you see it on your left after a while on International Drive. There is also one of the nicest McDonald's near there and of course Dixie Stampede!!

Isn't there a new Target being along the way to Super Wal-Mart. I seem to remember seeing it being built while this summer when I was a CP. So that would be closer than the one by Mall at Millenia.

phlydude

MickeyLuv'r said:
I'm somewhat off topic here, but Wegmen's is the best grocery store in the world...in New York and Pennsylvania...I just wish they would go national!
But then their service will decline and they will be like every other big chain
(happened to Genaurdi's in the Philly area, Safeway bought them out and quality and service went down the toilet!)

DisneyDrum

MickeyLuv'r said:
:sohappy: I second that. Wegman's is definitely the best. I'm not sure if going national is the best move for them, but it would be cool if they built a store closer to me (closest is in central Jersey-too long of a drive to visit often).

lavitzt

New Wal-Mart Supercenter

There is a new Wal-mart Supercenter at the corner of Osceola pwky and 535
This closer that the one on 192. It has a huge selection of Disney stuff

cjb-nc

Last couple trips we've ended up at:

Winn-Dixie: Kissimmee
7840 W Irlo Bronsn MMRL Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34747
(that's on 192, more or less due south of AKL as the crow flies)

If we're checking in to BWV on arrival, we usually head in to WDW from the airport on 417. At the Orange Blossom Trail exit we stop at:

Albertson's Food & Drug Stores
12981 S Orange Blossom TRL
Orlando, FL 32837

CAPTAIN HOOK

disgolfer said:
Publix (West 192) going toward the Turnpike. It is very convenient to Sherberth Rd. over by All-Star Resort.
Been there - also there are several others the further west you go towards Highway 27

Nut4Disney

We always stop at the Winn Dixie on 535 just down from Crossroads past Palm Parkway. Cheaper than Goodings in the Crossroads. By the way there is a Western Sizzler in front of it, and they have a really good breakfast buffet every morning for $3.99. If you are staying on property and have a car, it is definitely worth it to head over one morning for breakfast.

barnum42

Last couple of times I stayed on 192 not far from Walmart, so that's where I got my snacks and stocked up with a few non-edible items that cost a comparative fortune in the UK.

dandaman

Gooding's acroos from Downtown Disney WDW entrance. The Crossroads Centre in general is a better draw for our family, at least. Kind of on the expensive side, though.

DisneyNirvana

We are staying at the Villas at WL. Only 11 days until we go (yippeee!).

But, anyway.....we are staying one night at the Buena Vista Suites, because we will be driving straight through and we always stay just outside WDW for that first night and then we go to check into WL at 7:00 a.m.

Can someone please give me directions to the Publix from Buena Vista Suites?
We need to stock up on groceries for our villa.

maconMouse

crazygirley said:
the prices to get snacks on-site is ridiculous, and the Goodings at Crossroads is just as crazy! -BUT- if I had to buy snacks on-site, I would get them at the little store at the Boardwalk... they have the greatest selection. The name of the store escapes me, but I am sure someone knows.

That would be the Screen Door General Store. I always go here to stock up on the large canisters of the Disney coffee before leaving. Good stuff to remind me of Disney each morning back home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom