Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

Which Grocery Store Do You Go to @ WDW?

• Albertsons 100 N John Young Pkwy Kissimmee, FL 34741

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Goodings (Across from Dtwn. Disney Enterance)

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • Goodings (West on 192)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Publix (East on 192) 2925 International Dr. Kissimmee, Fl.

Votes: 53 48.2%
  • Different Location (Please post your location)

Votes: 24 21.8%

• Total voters

PBarton

crazygirley said:
... the prices to get snacks on-site is ridiculous, and the Goodings at Crossroads is just as crazy!
We could not believe the prices of snacks in the All-Star Movies shop.... A six pack of Coca Cola cans was something like $8.95 (estimated)!! I know that 95%+ of resort guests buy the Refill mugs, but to ask almost $9 for a few cans of soda is criminal!!

We only buy the Entenman's donuts from the resort shop! :slurp: and maybe a few tubes of Stax crisps (chips!!).

We stocked up at the nearby Wal-Mart - couldn't believe the range! Snack food heaven!!

When we stayed off-property (Wynfield Inn Westwood Blvd - name now changed) we used Gooding's on International Drive, although the prices were rather inflated. As we were relying on the I-Ride service, we had a limited choice of stores. The Walgreens on the other side of the road was a lot cheaper for soda and candy though!!:slurp:

Tyffni

Favorite Publix

Cricket said:
There is a Publix almost across the street from Celebration also

Xentury City Center (Store #00570)

2925 International Dr
Kissimmee, FL 34746-4407
Main: (407) 397-1171
Fax: (407) 396-2824

It's right off a I-4 on 192 east and there is a Walgreens right there too. I've never seen it be busy. Besides, we're going to have a real kitchen (minus the oven) when we go in a few weeks and I don't like Wal-mart or Winn Dixie meat. Might try Super Target just for variety. (see next post)

Tyffni

Super Target

Kissimmee West SuperTarget
[size=-1]4795 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy , Kissimmee, FL 34746-5332 USA[/size]

[font=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica,Geneva][size=-1]Phone: (407) 594-0029
Hours: Mon-Sat 8am to 10pm Sun 8am to 9pm
Pharmacy Phone: (407) 594-0030
Pharmacy Hours: Mon-Fri 8am to 8:30pm Sat 9am to 7pm Sun 10am to 6pm
1-Hr Photo Lab Phone: (407) 594-0029
1-Hr Photo Lab Hours: Mon-Sat 9am to 9pm Sun 10am to 8pm
Optical Store Phone: (407) 594-0032
Optical Store Hours: Mon-Fri 11am to 8pm Sat 9am to 6pm Sun Noon to 4pm[/size][/font]

It's not quite as far down 192 as the Wal-Mart is. It's also newer, but obviously isn't open 24 hours.

BenS

We don't like to leave Disney property during our trips (and can't, since we don't rent a car), so we always buy groceries at the store in whatever hotel we're staying at.

kal1484

Well, it depends on what I need. Since I live down here...

It's either the new Wal-mart on 535, the Publix on 535/192, or the relativly new Target on 192. They are all sooo far from me though. :lookaroun

DisneySam

Also there is a GREAT Walgreens, very near WDW in Kissimmee. I can't remember the street but it is always where we take our pictures to get 1 hour developed....great prices too!

Shanice

Account Suspended
figmentfan said:
I LOVE Publix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am also bias, because I work there, but it is the BEST gorcery store in the world. Publix is only located in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina. Publix prides itself on customer service and quality products. Also, the stores are very clean.

When shopping for snacks at Disney, go to a Florida store, Publix Supermarkets, "Where Shopping is a Pleasure."
Actually there is one in Chicago.

Tyffni

Publix Sabor for Hispanics (their wording)

Publix Sabor Grand Opening in Kissimmee

<TABLE cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top> Store Location:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Ventura Downs
1980 East Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, FL 34743-8600
(407) 348-8422
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> Hours of Operation: </TD><TD vAlign=top>8 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top> Pharmacy Hours:</TD><TD vAlign=top>9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday - Friday
9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday
11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>LAKELAND, Fla., April 18, 2005—On Thursday, April 21, at 8 a.m., the Publix at Ventura Downs will open its doors as Publix Sabor. This 40,000 square foot store location, which originally opened on Nov. 16, 1989, has been closed since Feb. 12, 2005, renovated into the company's first Publix Sabor location. The store will offer customers a variety of Hispanic and Caribbean products throughout the entire store.

In addition, the traditional sub-departments will be updated to offer a wider variety of products and services. The produce department has been expanded to carry a variety of roots and vegetables, a full line of juice blends and nectars, and jars of sliced or chunked tropical fruits. The deli department will offer customers 10 feet of delicious authentic, Hispanic favorites, such as: roast pork, white rice, beans, plantains and over 50 new recipes created especially for Publix Sabor. The deli will offer pressed sandwiches for those on the run. The store will feature a full-service meat department to accommodate customer's special requests - meat cut their way.

New to Publix Sabor will be the Café where customers can enjoy their cafe con leche' (coffee with milk), a warm pastry or pressed sandwich. Other services include: money transfers, coin-sorting machine, bill payment services for utility, phone and cable bills and calling cards specific to countries around the world. While English will be the primary language, the Publix associates and signage throughout the store will be bilingual.

"The foundation for Publix Sabor was to better serve and meet the needs of our Hispanic customers; however, the store will offer a warm and inviting shopping experience to all of our customers and continue to offer our traditional strengths of premier customer service, quality, variety, value and freshness," said Maria Brous, Director of Media and Community Relations.

kal1484

DisneySam said:
Also there is a GREAT Walgreens, very near WDW in Kissimmee. I can't remember the street but it is always where we take our pictures to get 1 hour developed....great prices too!

There is one off exit 68 of I-4, then one on 192, well...many on 192...but there's a nice one there...a little down from 535.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom