Which gives you better Disney memories?

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
You may use both, but do you prefer still photos of your Disney vacations over video camera movies or vice versa and why?

Erika

Stills, because they are easier to look at. I only watch my videos when I am REALLY in the mood, but I'll flip through an album a hundred times over. Plus, I can bring them to work or show them to friends. Nobody really wants to see my vacation videos :snore:

CAPTAIN HOOK

If I want to show WDW to my friends and family then I'll show the photographs - they are able to look through at their own pace, flicking back and forwards.
My favourite is the video - it captures all the memories and it shows what a hundred photos couldn't.
For example, on our last trip the kids queued to get autographs from Woody and Buzz. When they got to the front of the line it was time for W&B to go for a drink. I set the camcorder running and when they came out there was a small cheer from the line of people. W&B went back inside and returned a few seconds later insisting on a bigger cheer (which they got). My kids got the autographs and then W&B wouldn't return their autograph book - playing hide and seek with them. In all my kids got 3 or 4 minutes of quality fun out of that situation - now you try summing that up in photographs !!!

Sherm00

since we do not have a camcorder yet so I would have to say stills. actually we scrapbook. so we save everything from the little umbrellas in drinks to postcards to even the confette that was on our table when we dined in the castle. then when you get back you get to go over your trip over and over again till you finish your scrapbook pages.

celticdog

i prefer photos. My girlfriend tried to video our last trip. The video camera just doesn't pick up the colors as well, granted you get sound, but that's why i buy CDs. Besides, i hate to carry around anything extra and a video camera just gets in the way. My last trip i took over 14 rolls pictures. after i got them developed i spent several weeks setting up a photo album of our trip. Creating a trip only album is one way of making the trip last.

mwitkus

we generally rely on stills, but more because we are too lazy to carry the video camera as well as the regular camera...

once we have kids, we will probably carry the video camera again...

goofyguy

I prefer still pictures over video because when I video I spend the entire trip looking at everything through a viewscreen. It makes me feel disconnected from the trip, and therefore the memories the video evokes are not quite a good.

Besides, I have my pictures in albums, on my walls, as part of my screensaver, on my desk at work, etc. Unless I'm digging through my video cabinet, I tend to forget I even have the videos.

Big Al's Gal

Okay.. I have to say both...since my dad is the handy man of all cam corders, I LOVE watching the videos that he records.. because they are all REALLY good. But..stills hold alot of memories.. Like, those immortal ToT pictures taken as you start to fall.. those are priceless:animwink:

MinnieFan

I like photos for family and friends and video for me.

I would NEVER show our home videos to friends. It would put them to sleep. They don't want to see the whole TTA loop shot both in daytime and at night. They may wonder why we have video of the monorail, at several diffent times of the day.

kwt10

I would have to say that both have there strong points. But to me and my family we would rather sit and watch old trip videos getting ready for our next trip, rather than look at our old pictures. Do not get me wrong we would not trade our pictures for anything but the videos get much more use.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by Big Al's Gal
Okay.. I have to say both...since my dad is the handy man of all cam corders, I LOVE watching the videos that he records.. because they are all REALLY good. But..stills hold alot of memories.. Like, those immortal ToT pictures taken as you start to fall.. those are priceless:animwink:

:lol: I'd have to agree with her only b/c we have the same dad!? I prefer pictures only when they're not cheesy. How many pictures can you have in front of attractions or something with your kids all sweaty and half smiling? Landscapes are good ones and pictures of buildings and such. OH! It's such a toss up! :hammer:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by One Lil Spark

How many pictures can you have in front of attractions or something with your kids all sweaty and half smiling? :hammer:

Simple tip, have a child that is vain, or failing that intimidation always works for me.

Besides have you never had to sit next to a dobber and his Handi Cam as he narrates his way around your favourite attraction. I know exactly where id like to stick his 10x zoom lens.:eek:

Katherine

I like both! I think cameras are easier to whip out ans take a picture and for"making mermories", but video can sometimes capture the feeling of the people and bring it back with you. I like pics for friends but videos for my own personal veiwing mostly!

goofyguy

This is a bit of a thread drift, but a while back, my inlaws invited us over to watch their vacation videos. They were very proud of their new video camera and wanted us to see the tapes as soon as they got home. The first tape they wanted to show us was of their visit to IOA. Well apparently they accidentally switched the camera on as soon as they got out of the car (without realizing it). Then every time they went to tape something, they stopped recording, only to start recording again when they were through. So we were basically treated to about an hour of watching the pavement at IOA move by as they walked. :lol:

They never opted to show us the rest of their videos. I can only imagine what those look like.

celticdog

Originally posted by goofyguy
This is a bit of a thread drift, but a while back, my inlaws invited us over to watch their vacation videos. They were very proud of their new video camera and wanted us to see the tapes as soon as they got home. The first tape they wanted to show us was of their visit to IOA. Well apparently they accidentally switched the camera on as soon as they got out of the car (without realizing it). Then every time they went to tape something, they stopped recording, only to start recording again when they were through. So we were basically treated to about an hour of watching the pavement at IOA move by as they walked. :lol:

They never opted to show us the rest of their videos. I can only imagine what those look like.

ROTFLMAO:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's got to be funniest thing i've heard. I would loved to have seen the looks on their faces.:eek: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom