Which Disney ride do you think will get the axe next?

Which Disney ride do you think will be the next to close?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 103 46.4%
  • Rock N Rollercoaster Starring Areosmith

Votes: 27 12.2%
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • Star Tours

Votes: 9 4.1%

• Total voters

Brer Panther

If Journey Into Imagination With Figment being open forever is the only thing keeping Figment from being kicked out of EPCOT again, I'm okay with that. I would much rather have a mediocre ride with Figment than a ride with no Figment at all.

Amidala

What I would like to see go and what I think will actually go are two very different things. I think Primeval Whirl (Dino-Rama in general), Speedway, and Laugh Floor should be replaced, among others... And suspect Journey into Imagination will be getting the ax (would be fine with this if we received a fresh, modern take on Figment but don't expect this to be the case). Also a little worried about Living with the Land given all the changes coming to Epcot...it's one of my all-time favorites but it isn't exactly an IP-pushing E ticket.

I wouldn’t call it actively working.

Spaceship Earth however

😰 I was under the impression SE was just closing for a refresh...Are the changes going to be more substantial?

Joeamc

NONE of this is anything other than speculation. But I'm just wondering which attraction you think Disney will close next. If I had to guess, with EPCOT about to be the focus of an overhaul, Journey Into Imagination is probably the next ride on the chopping block. But what do you guys think?
None of those

Disstevefan1

Rumor has it the eitire land pavilion except for Sorin is going to be bulldozed. So that means:
Living with the land - gone
The behind the seeds tour - gone
The very cool rotating sit down restaurant- gone
That great food court - gone
The theater up stairs that's getting a NEW show soon - gone

I hope it's just a rumor.....

redsfan4life

Voted for Journey , but I think Swiss Family Treehouse could be next . It is a most for me every visit but I never see a lot of people climbing it and could see Disney wanting the space for some IP themed ride .

Janir

Primeval Whirl seems like its time is pretty much up
This is my 'vote' as well. It was a very basic traveling theme park ride system and it hasn't held up. They are having issues with it now and I suspect it will find an axe pretty soon. Might just get replaced with another company's version of the same type of thing, but one that they can easily get parts and support for. I would HOPE they would replace it with something "cooler"/ "nicer" but unless they are retheming the entire Dinoland area... IDK

justintheharris

Original Poster
Rumor has it the eitire land pavilion except for Sorin is going to be bulldozed. So that means:
Living with the land - gone
The behind the seeds tour - gone
The very cool rotating sit down restaurant- gone
That great food court - gone
The theater up stairs that's getting a NEW show soon - gone

I hope it's just a rumor.....
That rumor got shut down.

graphite1326

It's a toss up between RnRoller Coaster and ToT. Seems they like to get rid of all the attractions I like. TGMR & AE. They will never get rid of Imagination and I don't know why. Seems like that should have gone before Ellen.

JustAFan

I get that people don't care for the ride. I enjoy it. My kids like it. It's such a small footprint and can eat a decent amount of crowd. I don't know why you'd take Primeval Whirl out right now.

justintheharris

Original Poster
I get that people don't care for the ride. I enjoy it. My kids like it. It's such a small footprint and can eat a decent amount of crowd. I don't know why you'd take Primeval Whirl out right now.
Well it just had an unexpected refurbishment indicating it's not in great condition and it has a rather low capacity. Also, there is a fair amount of land behind Primeval Whirl that can't be used until you bulldoze the ride.

danheaton

I think it depends on what you mean by close. I suspect we'll see an update to Imagination and hope we'll see an update to the Speedway, but neither will close totally. The rest seem even more unlikely. In terms of what's coming next, I suspect we're going to see more changes on the small-scale level than something major just closing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does that one count? I was under the impression that there would be pretty big changes to certain segments of the ride but it'd continue to be "Spaceship Earth." Has this project expanded since the first rumors started flowing?
I was going off the poll title.

Smiley/OCD

I think it would be cool if they would redo the attraction again, with the focus on imagination, but this time talk about how imagination has fueled Disney parks and movies. Have the imagineers as part of the recorded show, and look back through the history and innovations of Disney.
Yeah, like the imagination and skill it takes to keep the Yeti in operation...oh wait! They're not that advanced...

FettFan

This was what I had in mind when I voted "Other".
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the next BIG thing at WDW is a re-imagining of Dinoland USA to eliminate the el-cheapo Roadside Attraction aesthetic.
The TriceraTOP Spinner will likely stay for smaller children, but I'd wager dollars to pesos that we're going to see a new family coaster that would be a mix of Disneyland Railroad's Primeval Diorama and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. (AKA - Re-homing the Universe of Energy dinos)

At least that's what *I* personally would do if I were in charge of the operation.

KCheatle

Based on popularity and other renovations in the park, my bet would be on either Figment or Living with the Land. Between those two, I would choose Figment. I think this ride is still alive now only because does fill some capacity. So, the cost-benefit analysis of closing it versus leaving it open weighs in favor (just barely) of leaving it open. But, it's a pretty pathetic ride, and most people don't go on it. There's too many other things to do in Epcot to waste time going on a crappy ride about a character that's only nostalgic for people who went to WDW 30-40 years ago and grew up loving Figment and the Dreamfinder. Now that decisions seem to be made based on the popularity of the IPs, there is absolutely no draw to it for newbies to WDW because they don't even know who figment is. I think they could make this into something really special if they devoted some time (and $$) to it. But, that doesn't appear to be in the cards right now. And, if they don't do something with it, I expect it'll die out when the cost of repairs/upkeep/etc. outweighs the benefit of keeping it open.

Heppenheimer

On my three visits to Disney World since 2008, Primeval Whirl was closed for refurbishments twice. I finally rode it on my last trip and found it both underwhelming and very uncomfortable. I would not shed a tear if were permanently closed, but I fear they wouldn't replace it with anything better.

Swiss Family Treehouse has a very small footprint and requires minimal logistical support, so I can't imagine this attraction being replaced unless the structure becomes unsafe.

DfromATX

Voted for Journey , but I think Swiss Family Treehouse could be next . It is a most for me every visit but I never see a lot of people climbing it and could see Disney wanting the space for some IP themed ride .

We climb it every trip, but lots of people on here seem to dislike it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom