Which Disney resort in January? no kids

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I think, for adults, there's a lot more to do (especially at night, after the parks close) at one of the Epcot resorts. You also get the added benefit of being to walk to 2 of the parks.

Upvote 0

figment's bud

It all depends on what you are looking to spend. Port Orleans Riverside is a great, relaxing adult resort for the moderates and any of the deluxes are good. I also enjoy Pop. I know there are usually tons of kids here but I still enjoy watching most of them in all their excitement.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are looking for something around the moderate level I would go with Coronado Springs. Since it is a resort geared towards conventions it has a bit more of an adult vibe to the place. It also is the only moderate with a night club. If you want to swing for the fences I would go with Yacht and Beach club. It is walking distance to 2 parks and the nightlife at the Boardwalk plus you have access to the best pool in WDW.

Upvote 0

LongballMG

my girlfriend and I just got back from 10 days at Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it. It would be so nice in January as the resorts will not be crowded except for Marathon weekend and MLK weekend.

Upvote 0

coltow

Kids or not I would not stay at a Value in the winter. Parks close earlier which means more night time at resort. If I have to spend some more time in room I'd rather have a larget room. I'd go with at least a moderate so there's bar or restaurant that we could hang out in too if we didn't just want to hang in the room

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

In January I would definately go for Wilderness Lodge as it is all under one roof and has such a lovely cosy feel, also the food is good and there are plenty of good restaurants nearby. I can see the benefit of the Boardwalk resorts but I don't like the hotels as much down there.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Really, the best possible answer would depend, greatly, on how you think you'd like to spend much of your vacation time that January. Being in a monorail resort (or WL or FW) gives you easier access to all the other MK resorts and their amenities. Staying in one of the Epcot resorts also gives you walkable access to 4 other resorts (including their restaurants and lounges), the Boardwalk district for later-night fun (again, many of the parks close early during January). Animal Kingdom Lodge is slightly more remote, so you're not close to any other action, but man is that resort bee-yoo-tee-ful, and you've got 3 full service restaurants plus a food court and 2 big pool areas. Saratoga gets you walking distance to DTD and all the restaurants and bars there, plus movies, Cirque, and if either you likes shopping, you're golden. Not to mention on site you'll find 2 big pools, 4 quiet pools, a restaurant and food court, a great spa, and easy access to golfing.

None of this even mentions the moderates, which might have smaller rooms, or perhaps fewer onsite amenities and no easy access to other resorts. Of course, if you have your own car, this will render much of the decision making process moot because you can go wherever you want whenever you want.

So...that probably doesn't help at all. best thing to do is figure out what you'll be doing most of the time (on vacation with no kids, the right answer to that question means it won't make a lick of difference WHERE the room is, as you'll rarely be leaving it wink wink nudge nudge).

Upvote 0

durangojim

How much do you want to spend? My wife and I just returned from 4 nights at the Poly without the kids and it was great. Much of the day was spent lying in a cabana, and then visiting the parks (primarily EPCOT) in the evening. We did go to the MK at 11pm and stayed until 2am this past Sunday night/Monday morning. It was a wonderful break and really recharged us. The Poly was excellent and we're thinking of switching our October reservations from the Beach Club to there in October.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I would recommend a deluxe only because the hotel has a lot of a amenities once the parks close in the winter (which is generally earlier). The Epcot resorts are great because they're near the most "adult" park (IMO at least) and you have Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall right there which are both 21+. If you're more of a MK person then I'd say go for the Wilderness Lodge because it has a great, cozy atmosphere for the winter with the giant fireplace and big wooden lobby.

Upvote 0

addcogulf

I love the MK tower room of the Contemporary. You are near great resturants, and at night if you are tired you can just sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks. You can hop into the MK anytime just for a dinner or ice cream, and I have found the bus service to everywhere else quite good. Everything is AC and there are nice shops in the concourse to browse if you just want to walk around. The Contemporary is my favorite resort if my pocketbook allows that luxury that year. Otherwise, if money is tight, I like the Pop Century for a value, and I dont really feel there is much difference between the value and moderates except small things, like fancier pools. I like the French Quarter better than the other moderates. I have been going to WDW every year since 1985, with and without children, and I have stayed at almost every resort. The Contempory Resort is my favorite, with or without children.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BUZZCRUSH

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great suggestions, lots of things I didn't know or consider. We actually have a big group, mix of young and old adults and kids ranging from 6 to teenager. Hard to please everyone and worried they'll be bored in the evening. Looks like we're doing a deluxe. Looking at WL or Boardwalk. Thanks for all the advice:king:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

I'd vote for WL. Great atmosphere and good food. I'd stay clear of the values since there are lots of tour groups and sports groups in January.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom