Which Deluxe is your favorite and why?

JusticeDisney

Beach Club. Location, location, location. Oh, and the pool ain’t half bad either.

If you’re not looking to spend that kind of money, however, I highly recommend that you take a long look at the Dolphin. It’s every bit as good as the other Epcot Resorts, at a fraction of the cost.

zero creativity

We have stayed at 3 deluxes, Poly, WL and Contemporary. My favorite is the Poly, location, views, theming and food options. Contemporary is second. Loved the view, the monorail through the building and being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom, but food was kind of lacking and it does have a convention center/airport kind of feel to it. Like the WL the least. It was nicely themed but not really are style, seemed kind of dark and the rooms felt small. We also go to Great Wolf Lodge and the theming although more elaborate, felt very similar. To be fair, there was a lot personally going on when we stayed at the WL so that may have altered my perception of the resort

eliza61nyc

My list.
Beach club
Wilderness lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht club
Contemporary
Animal kingdom
Polynesian.

I love, love love the Epcot area resort. First we love the dining options. World showcase is right in your backyard plus you have the boardwalk eateries, Swan and Dolphin restaurants (which are quiet gems). Next there is stuff to see in the evening and since you are going sans kids there is jellyrolls to entertain you at night.
Next of course is location. how can you beat walking to 2 parks?

correcaminos

Beach Club. Location, location, location. Oh, and the pool ain’t half bad either.

If you’re not looking to spend that kind of money, however, I highly recommend that you take a long look at the Dolphin. It’s every bit as good as the other Epcot Resorts, at a fraction of the cost.
Agree - the Swan and Dolphin are fantastic alternatives. When paying cash and wanting to stay in that area it our go to location!

The only one I've stayed at is Beach Club. That pool was incredible! For my next trip with my girlfriend, I plan on staying at either Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness by renting vacation club points.

TXDisney

I think it all depends on what you’re doing for your trip. We tend to spend most of our time at MK and Epcot so thisecarea hotels are what appeal to us. YC/BC and Boardwalk are our favorites bc Epcot is our favorite park. But we also love GF, Poly and WL. We still want to stay at AKL. On the to do list.

surfsupdon

GF Poly and CR are overrated. Deluxe Resort? Monorail service is spotty at best and is slow. And you'll love walking to your room, outdoors, in the pouring rain at GF and Poly. They always feel jam packed as well. They are teeming with unruly children too, in addition to a few that are well behaved.

We prefer Yacht and Boardwalk. Walk to two parks, plenty of great food, interior corridors, beautiful common areas and really nice crisp themes. Of course there are still unruly kids here too, but these Resorts are geared more to adults and therefore have more of a sophisticated, more quiet ambiance.

GF Poly and CR are overrated. Deluxe Resort? Monorail service is spotty at best and is slow. And you'll love walking to your room, outdoors, in the pouring rain at GF and Poly. They always feel jam packed as well. They are teeming with unruly children too, in addition to a few that are well behaved.

We prefer Yacht and Boardwalk. Walk to two parks, plenty of great food, interior corridors, beautiful common areas and really nice crisp themes. Of course there are still unruly kids here too, but these Resorts are geared more to adults and therefore have more of a sophisticated, more quiet ambiance.
Don’t forget the awesome pool!

Amos1784

SO hard to pick just one my list would be the following:

1. Beach Club
2. Wilderness Lodge
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge
4. Polynesian (but not to stay at, just to hang out and spend time at)

I always think these lists are interesting as Grand Floridian is supposed to be THE signature resort and I seldom see people even place it in their top 3 deluxe choices.

Rlandrigan

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge - amazing in and out, and a great place to wander quietly in the evening and escape the pandemonium.
2. Any Epcot area resort - Walking to the International Gateway is amazing. If you plan on dining in Epcot frequently, this.
3. Wilderness Lodge - the boat ride to MK in the dark is magic, and returning 'home' in the evening is really a perfect capstone to a day.
4. Poly - Great location, great theme, just pricey.
5. Contemporary - kinda dull theme, great bars, and proximity is very nice.
6. Grand Flo - kinda dull for me, fancy, pricey, amazing food.

bluejasmine

Hard decision between GF and Poly, both have amazing views, both close to MK and convenience of monorail...I will say while I adore GF the Poly is very very relaxing and homey feeling

Tk0021

We love the contemporary. We have two girls and we go to MK a lot. The walk to MK is the best and then you have the monorail to EPCOT and to the other resorts which we eat at while we are there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom