Which Deluxe is your favorite and why?

laben594

Original Poster
Planning a trip in August 2018, we want to stay at a deluxe and we are having a hard time deciding.

Any input is great, thanks!

I should add that we are a married couple mid 20s-no kids, so parks proximity is not a problem

lostpro9het

Our top 5:
1. Animal Kingdom Lodge
2(tie). Polynesian/Grand Floridian
4. Beach Club
5. Saratoga Springs

EDIT: I neglected the why!
1: Themeing, Sanaa, Jiko, Kidani pool, and savana views!
2: Proximity to MK, GF is just beutiful inside and out, Poly makes me reminisce about old Disney and the rooms are well done.
4: Best pool on property, walking distance to TWO parks, and proximity to some of the best dining on property YM and Il Mulino.
5: Nice secluded feel without being secluded, proximity to DTD, and parking right in front of your room/building.

Last edited:

JTT

Polynesian; the food, the theming, the location.
I just love walking in the lobby and taking it all in. :happy:
It's just too darn expensive. :banghead: :bawling::banghead:

jimbojones

Planning a trip in August 2018, we want to stay at a deluxe and we are having a hard time deciding.

Any input is great, thanks!

I should add that we are a married couple mid 20s-no kids, so parks proximity is not a problem
Money no object ? Polynesian for me Contemporary for my wife
Taking money into consideration Wilderness Lodge.
All three have great proximity to MK, feel very "inside the bubble" , have good amenities, dining and theme

That said my wife and I went in several times in our 20s before we had kids and were completely happy at a moderate. I'd go for a moderate and spend the savings on a trip down to Key West while you are in Florida. Key west as a couple with no kids in your 20s is a LOT of fun! Fun that is hard to have when you have kids and less fun when you are old enough that the kids are moved out.

aw14

We stayed at 4 deluxes, and I would rate them the following:
  1. Polynesian (best theming combined with great location)
  2. Contemporary (by far best location to the MK)
  3. Beach Club (great location for food and wine)
  4. Animal Kingdom Lodge (would be #2 if it was closer)
There is a chance we are going back to Poly over the summer. We have stayed club level at all of these, which is reflected in the rankings. The Hawaii building is amazing

Jedi Stitch

I have not stayed at these two, yet, but plan too. Polynesian and the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My wife and I have always loved the Polynesian atmosphere, from our honeymoon on Kauai. The AKL looked very beautiful, and the videos of the savanna view are totally awesome. My wife loves Safari feel of the place. 3rd place on my end is the Wilderness Lodge. I always enjoyed Parkitecture. The place just looks like the Old Faithful Inn.

belledream

Yacht & Beach Club! Amazing pool for adults to just spend an entire day relaxing in if they wanted to, rooms have gotten makeovers recently, tons of dining options without having to 'hop' to another resort, Crescent Lake and Boardwalk make for a great view/visit, and the walk to Epcot is just heavenly.

ryguy

Truthfully all are good in there own ways. Each theme is pretty unique. I would say if proximity to the Magic Kingdom is important than Polynesian is a great choice. Good restaurants and fun bars. But Animal Kingdom is one of the most unique hotels in the United States. Where else can you see African animals wandering past your balcony? The wilderness lodge gets an honorary mention for a wonderful theme and very nice revamp.

Networth

Grand Floridian, it feels quiet and restful which is what I enjoy in a resort. I was engaged their and I enjoy the restaurants on site, plus its an easy Monorail ride to the gates of the MK.

I will not lie, we are hotel/resort snobs and the GF is the best your going to get unless you do the Four Seasons, but we prefer to be closer to the MK and on the monorail.

The CR ranks pretty high due to nostalgia as a child, and the WL is just gorgeous but the rooms are a bit small.

Depending on my mood:

The Contemporary: it just IS Disney World to me, with the good view and the monorail running through the building. Also, the ability to walk to the MK is great whether you have kids or not.

...or Boardwalk. We love walking to the World Showcase, and I like the Americana theming of the hotel.

DisneyPrincess5

Our favorite is the Polynesian. Love the island vibe, love the scents and sites, love how it’s on the monorail line, love the food offerings, love the spacious rooms.

KaliSplash

Grand Floridian. We were there for the opening. It's just an astounding place.
Wilderness Lodge is 2nd choice. If rooms were bigger, it would be first choice.

correcaminos

I don't disagree. All deluxes are great in their own way. I have never had a bad stay. Our favorite over all is Polynesian. We love the perfect view of MK and being right by the TTC is perfect for us since we love both MK and Epcot. We love the pools, the service, the walkability to more food options at GF.

Not in any real order: AKL for the views and all the activities at both sides to the resort. The pool I at Kidani is our favorite behind Polynesian. We do like Beach Club - though I admit I am not a fan of the main pool (quiet pools are quite nice). More of a pain to get to MK but the closeness to Epcot, DHS, and all the other resorts in the area. Technically only a DVC only resort but we love OKW. The rooms are huge, the service we get is great and all that the resort has to offer is top notch. Really a family favorite. I love going back.

Hcalvert

I am staying at the Polynesian Villas for the first time this June. When looking at all the villas, I chose Poly because of the location, theming, and food (we love 'Ohana). My dad had sworn off Disney after last year's trip, but jumped right back in when he found out we were booking Poly.

daisyduckie

I've only stayed at 4. I'd rank them
#1 Poly
#2 Contemporary
#3 Beach Club
#4 Swan

I love the convenience of being on the monorail. And relaxing at night by the pool at the Poly is wonderful. Being able to catch the fireworks from the beach is also wonderful.

Skibum1970

1. Contemporary: If we have the money, we stay here. We can walk to the Magic Kingdom (favorite park). As others mentioned, the monorail feels special. My oldest memories had the Contemporary in commercials for WDW and thus it has nostalgia. Plus, I love taking the boats and listening to their horns in the night.

2. Wilderness: Best value typically and maybe best theming. I could sit and just enjoy the main lobby or sit in a quiet nook. We also love going over to the WL Villas and hanging out in front of a fireplace. Plus, we can walk to Fort Wilderness and still use the boats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom