Which character dining experience?

Autumnly

Original Poster
OK! I booked our trip for the second week of December, spening two nights at Pop Century and going to Magic Kingdom that Monday. I'd planned to do Crystal Palace for breakfast that day, but it's booked. Now I'm thining, rather than wasting valuable park time at breakfast, why not do it the next day before we drive home?

I'm therefore looking for a place to do a good character breakfast (would be open to lunch, but can't do dinner) that doesn't require admission to a park first. What do you think?

Also, it's DS's birthday. Can you order a cake at a breakfast?

warnergrape

Chef Mickey is always been a good one for us. The other one we did which was also a character meal for breakfast was Ohana. Both are outside the park. Good luck!!!

nitch

Ohana was amazing but we also enjoyed Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. It really does depend on the sort of characters you're after. At Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary you'll get the main gang, Cape May you'll get Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Ohana you get Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch.

Like I said it all depends on who you're after. Character breakfasts are fun all the same! :)

mickeysshoes

We just love the breakfast at O'hana...best eggs on property!!! And its family style so you dont have to get up..you can just sit and relax!!!

Ariel484

Another vote for 'Ohana...the food is fresh, the characters are fun, and it's at the Poly! You can't go wrong. :wave:

Figment73

O'Hana was really good. The food was yummy but the character's are slow to move around from table to table. Cape May Cafe was very good too. The characters tend to move quickly around the restaurant. Have a wonderful time!

Blueskyze

We did 'Ohana, and loved it! The pineapple bread is amazing, and my son enjoyed getting to participate in the little parade they have where the characters lead the kids around the restaurant. I haven't done any of the others, but I would definitely recommend this one.

PartOfYourWorld

My vote is for O'hana for breakfast as well. Just ate there this past trip and it was AMAZING. Would love to go back for breakfast right now. The characters are good as well, Stitch, Lilo, Pluto, and Mickey! Can't get any better than that :)

pop lover

I have heard the Lilo and Stitch breakast at the Polynesian Resort is great and they do alot of activities involving the kids. We ate there for supper and it was great the kids swept pineapples with brooms so sweet.

coltow

Chef Mickey's & Ohana are the 1st 2 that come to mind. Kona & Whispering Canyon brought my son cakes for breakfast for his bday, just tell them when making reservation

hankhill

Ohana would be my vote as well. Kinda makes you wish the Empress Lily was still around for this....WOW I am old.

We did Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace last time and wished we had not spent the money on chef. Just too expensive and when compared to the food at Crystal it paled in comparison.

enchanted_belle

Kinda makes you wish the Empress Lily was still around for this....WOW I am old.

Empress Lily was my favorite as a kid! I have a video of Donald yelling at me for not eating my food and being more interested in the characters.... he'd probably still yell at me. :lol:

My vote goes to Ohana and Chef Mickeys as well, since I haven't done 1900 yet.

Autumnly

Original Poster
Unfortunately, open reservations were not exactly plentiful, so I quickly found two that I thought were decent choices--Garden Grove for dinner the night we arrive, and Cape May Cafe for breakfast the day we leave. We will most likely cancel one of them.

I hadn't considered 'Ohana since DS has never seen Lilo and Stich. Do you think it is still a better choice, despite the fact that he doesn't know the characters? That was one of the reasons I avoided 1900 Park Fare as well. He doesn't know Alice in Wonderland, and would probably prefer Mickey/Minnie over Mary Poppins. 'Ohana is available for our breakfast day, but not our dinner night option.

DABIGCHEEZ

Of the buffets close to MK, I would go with Chef Mickey's. Much better than Ohana in my opinion. Never had a problem at Chef Mickey's over the years. Haven't been to 1900 Park in quite a few years, so will not comment.

Ohana is served Family style and our food was not that fresh when it arrived... eggs/sausage not HOT and the waffles were very hard. It is off our list now. Well actually all character buffets are off our list now, but that is for different reasons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom