Which Character breakfasts to choose?

packfan79

Original Poster
On our last trip we ate 2 character breakfasts - Ohana (for Stitch for my daughter) and Cape May Cafe. We enjoyed both but want to try something different this time around. We will probably only do 2 as we want to eat breakfast at Boma again (so good!!) It will be me, my husband, daughter (22), and son (15). We are thinking about Trattoria Al Forno (staying at BWV) and Tusker House. How are these 2 and/or what others would you recommend? Probably won't do Chef Mickey as I've heard it is notorious for the the food being blah. Thanks!

Starfan82

We have done the Garden Grill character breakfast on our last two trips (most recently on 12/22/17). The food is good and it served family style so it is AYCTE! Characters are Farmer Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. The characters make their rounds at least three times and the interactions never feel rushed. As a bonus, if you can get a early reservation you can eat breakfast and head right to Soarin' for standby. I would highly recommend this.

RememberWhen

We love tusker house. Great food options. And we haven’t done garden grill for breakfast, but we love it for lunch or dinner because the characters are so awesome. I bet breakfast would be great as well!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We always do Tusker House. 1900 Park Fare is fun. The cast members really do a great job embracing their characters.

danyoung56

I've eaten at the Garden Grill breakfast buffet once, and it was excellent -

At the GG they bring out the food to you, while at Tusker House you go get the food off of their buffet. And the selection is much greater at Tusker. Still, both are excellent, with plenty of opportunity for character interaction -

nickys

Premium Member
What characters do you want to meet? That's how we chose our character meals.

Ohana is a sentimental favourite, our very first one we did, with my late MIL and the boys' first visit.

We also love Cape May.

And if you want to do Jedi Training then best make Hollywood and Vine your new favourite!

SHP

I know it doesn’t get much love on these boards, but we loved Chef Mickey’s. It had such a fun vibe and the food was hot and replenished often. Plus we were there close to the switch from brunch to lunch so we got to sample all of the breakfast and lunch desserts. FYI - find a Mickey Dome, they are amazeballs!!!!

Attachments

• BFE0E065-ED5F-4010-A509-D1BC56F6CD4C.jpeg
    BFE0E065-ED5F-4010-A509-D1BC56F6CD4C.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 42

slipperalwaysfits

Agreed. Depends on what characters you want to meet! We loved the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends...a delicious buffet! I loved meeting all the princesses and the excitement of dining in the castle at Cinderella's RT. Their breakfast wasn't very good, though. Entree style and definitely not the best french toast I've ever had. However, the engagement ring that came with breakfast made the experience incredible!!:inlove::inlove::joyfull::joyfull:
Tusker House and Chef Mickey's are both great character buffets, I'd choose TH over CM, just for the RoL dining package. I love TH's African food (Boma has the same breakfast in AKL).

I'm interested in trying Trattoria Al Forno next trip!

Good luck!

firecatgirl

Breakfast buffets we've done

Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Cape May, Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Akershus

Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, and Tusker House we're the top 4 of the ones we've done. Cinderella's was absolutely beautiful and def worth doing, but it was our least favorite.... but... great way to meet Princess's it's just $$ and kind of felt rushed ....

WDW_Jon

Changing the subject slightly Is the garden grill basically a service style buffet where they keep it coming or is it just what you are served initially? Thanks :)

PMC0849

Count me as another vote for Tusker House, we go every trip, and really never need to do another character meal. The food is great, the the safari themed characters are a lot of fun too. Tusker House has some unique food offerings as well as same more normal ones for the picky eaters.

Ted Daggett

We like the Crystal Palace buffet to meet Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. We used to get 8 am reservations so could get into the park early, but I think Main Street opens to all guests at 8 now, so that benefit went away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom