Which book?

gingerbuzz

I am considering which WDW book to buy for this years trip.

I am thinking of Passporter 2006, Unofficial guide 2006 or the official one.

I want some info on POR resort, Pictures if possible and as much tips etc as possible.

Any more descriptions of these books or a personal opinion on them, I would be grateful for.

SpenceMan01

I really love the Unofficial Guide. I call it my "Disney Bible" (blasphemous, I know). There aren't a whole lot of pictures, but those can easily be found online. My favorite sites for scoping out the resorts are:

WDisneyW.co.uk - http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/photo2.html and
AllEarsNet - http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_dxl.htm

We'll be going for our honeymoon in Jan '07 and staying at POR, it looks so beautiful and I've heard so many good things about it! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I really like the Unofficial guide! When you go for the official guide, you know its going to promote the parks to no end, while the unofficial one will give you unbiased information

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

Sheesh...wow...well, I guess I'm not the only one who reads The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World...

Just about everyone who posts to you, will say The Unofficial Guide is the best, and I am one of them.

It lists everything you could every want to know...and much more, from what hotel to stay at, to what ticket you should purchase...even whether you should rent a car or not.

An awesome book...especially if you are taking young kids with you.

Upvote 0

gingerbuzz

Original Poster
I know what tickets to get we here in the uk get a choice of 4. 5 day park hopper plus 3 visits to waterpark/pleasure island/disney quest/wwos

7 day which has 5 or 14/21 day unlimited. No one comes for random amounts of times becasue of flights. Its also cheap and flat rate. we get the best deal...

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I have Passporter and the Unofficial Guide. I prefer my ring bimderer passporter because of the wallet inserts .I believe the new version is in colour

I have Birnbuams but that’s too much like Disney promo material

Upvote 0

rshell68

Can't say enough good things about my Passporter!!! Won't go to Disney without it! Went with the Deluxe Edition a couple of years back. (It's actually sitting on my desk here at work as I type:sohappy: -oops did I just admit to being at work and browsing the boards heehee)

We are staying at POR for the first time coming up here in March (12-17th) I'll be able to give you a first hand after that.

Upvote 0

littlemom_3

Passporter

I enjoy my Passporter, but I also have the Unofficial Guide. The Passporter has pockets and a binder type design so I find that I am using it more than the unofficial guide.

Unity

Upvote 0

DisneyMissy

I actually have all three. There are things I like about all of them. The Unofficial Guide is really good, I love this one. The passporter is really nice for organization and the official guide is just a quick reference point for me. I like the pictures and how it is laid out but you do get MUCH more information in the Unofficial Guide.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

I really like the Unofficial Guide and Passporter the best. I have others, OG, etc) but these seem to give the best info, plus the passporter has great maps.

Upvote 0

symon

Does the Unofficial Guide still make a smaller version? I have a 2000 version called "Mini Mickey" which was nice because it is smaller and easier to carry around the parks, in fact, I took some of the pages out (Bad, I know) and just carried certain chapters with me to each park.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Birnbuams was my first...and my favorite...

I don't mind if it is promo...because I like the fact that it paints a positive picture and allows you to draw your own conclusion. I don't want to read about someone's skewed criticism of Disney through the eyes of an over analytical "adult". These same people will board Peter Pans Flight and see only a slow moving ride through simple animatronics. Me, I'm transported...I love going past Big Ben and seeing the model of the city with force perspective...the little cars moving on the street...the artistry...

you have to look beyond the trees...

I have read other guides...but I take the info with a grain of salt...

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I go with the Birnbaum. I recommend it to my clients especially my first timers since it is an easy read. It covers everything and it is straight to the point as far as information.

Pam

Upvote 0

TLM323

I only knew about Birnbaum's (up until this year), when I stumbled upon the PassPorter (the big plus is the park maps!). I love them both! But ... after reading these replies ... I'm going to go out & buy the UNOfficial Guide! I MUST KNOW EVERYTHING!!! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom