Which Behind the Scenes Tour?

rhodehogg

My parents are going to wdw with us Sept 22-30. They are interested in taking a Behind The Scenes tour while the kids and husband and I go to TL. They are in their mid fifties. ANy suggestions on which one they should do? Mom has Parkinsons, but she will have a motorized wheelchair. Thanks in advance for your reply.

peemagg

Have them try the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It is a 4-5 hour tour that takes you backstage at MK. We did on our very first trip to Disney and on our very first day there. We loved it and it didn't even spoil any of the magic for us.

On a side note the only people who can go on this tour have to be 16 or over.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
To choose one tour I would say Keys to the Kingdom. It is a fairly comprehensive tour, always has some interesting information and deals with Walt and his original parks that everyone is familiar with. There is a lot of movement, but I don't believe there are restrictions, so an electric cart should be fine. Only thing I don't know is for lunch at Columbia Harbor House, it is upstairs....I guess there is an elevator, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

darthjohnny

ClemsonTigger said:
There is a lot of movement, but I don't believe there are restrictions, so an electric cart should be fine. Only thing I don't know is for lunch at Columbia Harbor House, it is upstairs....I guess there is an elevator, but I'm not sure.

Yes, there is an elevator.

If you want a great Disney experience to learn tons of little known information and learn how the magic really works, take Keys to the Kingdom. I also took the UnDISCOVERed Futureworld Tour at Epcot. The first have seemed pretty boring and worthless, they gave us a half hour break in the Land's restaurant, but we had to buy our own food. But the second half was awesome! They took us back stage, showed us an old animatronic no longer used, and to VIP Lounges.

Upvote 0

sbkline

shoppingnut said:
Here's a link to all the tours available with their descriptions and reviews. I recently did the Behind the Seeds tour in the Land and it was great, it was only 1 hour though and you might be looking for something a bit longer.

http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm

I'll have to check that link out! I have the Biernbaum's 2006 book, but that tour is not among those he talks about in there.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

The most comprihensive tour would be Backstage Magic, but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult in a wheelchair. The bus is the main problem, along with some of the backstage places you go not being handicapped accessable. Such as the American Adventure (backstage), and there's a few steps at Central Shops.

I'd go for Keys to the Kingdom,a nd be sure to mention the motorized scooter to the tour booking agent.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Chape19714 said:
The most comprihensive tour would be Backstage Magic, but I'm pretty sure it would be difficult in a wheelchair. The bus is the main problem, along with some of the backstage places you go not being handicapped accessable. Such as the American Adventure (backstage), and there's a few steps at Central Shops.

I'd go for Keys to the Kingdom,a nd be sure to mention the motorized scooter to the tour booking agent.

There was someone on my Backstage Magic tour using a wheelchair. He was somewhat mobile though when being assisted by his brother, but for the most part he was using his chair to get around from place to place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom