Whets your favourite off site place to eat?

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hey huys, was just wondering what your favourite off site places to eat are? My wife Debra and I came over from the UK for three weeks each year to stay in our family home in Haines City. We go to the parks every other day as annual pass holders and to break up our days we quite often head out of the parks for something to eat before park hopping or going to see a movie etc. One of our (well my :D ) favourite places to eat is Hooters near the Disney crossroads. The food is great, the staff ever so friendly and there's always something great to watch ....... on the tv's :lol:. We also often vist the Sizzler off SR 535 just round the corner from there, with their all you can eat salad buffets and mouth watering steaks. Over Christmas we often stopped at Sizzler before entering the parks as they do a pretty mean all you can eat breakfast buffet also. Moving further away we never miss The Grand China Buffet heading south on Route 27, they have an all day buffet and their egg drop soup is the best I've ever tasted :slurp:. Also further down Route 27 just past the Haines City exit is Sonny's BBQ where you find the best smoked turkey anywhere, the deserts are heaven and the staff are super cool. I was just wondering where you guys like to go and what you like to eat eat off site?

Thanks

RiversideBunny

We don't eat off site. At WDW we do Disney places since they are unique.

The places you mentioned that are off-site are what can be found in most any large city in the US, so it's not a special thing to do on a WDW trip.

What do you think of the menu at The Rose and Crown in EPCOT?
It's what they present to Americans as 'English food'.

When I was in London, I remember eating in Italian and Indian restaurants but nothing that was called 'English', except maybe the fish and chips.

Have fun at WDW.
:) :)

MPitzen

My absolute favorite restaurant offsite (even anywhere in the US except for Disney) is Charlie's Steakhouse. It's off of 192 towards Celebration, it's in a strip mall so it doesn't look to amazing, but it is!!! The best steaks I've ever eaten, however, it's very expensive. For my future DH and me it's around $150; it's well worth it though.

MPitzen

Another good restaurant is Angels, it's an all you can eat fresh seafood buffet, they also have steak and a few other options. This place is amazing, I believe it has the largest seafood buffet in the US. I'm not sure where it is as I haven't been there in a few years, but its somewhere around Orlando...

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
At the risk of being ostracized by all the guys on this site...

I think that Hooters' food is overrated bar food.

There is nothing special about the food !

awalkinthepark

If you are in Haines City right on 27 near Sonny's is Manny's Original Chophouse(steaks)...awesome food, awesome service....very busy all of the time though...but they do let you call ahead for seating.

VoiceGuy07

We love Emeril's Tchoup Chop at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort. That's the only restaurant we'll leave the property for. Great atmosphere and the food is fantastic. They had a bad year or so a few years back but have recovered. Great Chef's menu w/ wine pairing.

Other than that, my parents have tortured us with visits to Golden Corral and other Crossroads eateries - would never recommend them. They have an offsite timeshare. I would rather chew off my own leg and beat myself to death with it.

rtngolf

Pit
You the man Charley's is the best place!!! I am from Chicago area and did not think I could find a better steak place outside chicago area but this place rocks

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
Hey the Riversidebunny nice to meet you :wave: .

We too also eat within Disney but as we go so often when we visit we tend to save some $$$ and break the day up by occassionally leaving the parks.

The Rose and Crown is ok, when we're away from the UK we try to have different stuff to eat than what we could get back in sunny Manchester. For instance fish and chips we can get back home really cheap so we're not tempted to pay the quite high prices at the Rose and Crown for the same thing. We do pop in there every visit to epcot but usually for a nice beverage or two :D.

MPitzen

Pit
You the man Charley's is the best place!!! I am from Chicago area and did not think I could find a better steak place outside chicago area but this place rocks

Yeah, sorry I always do that. We have a chain restaurant here called charlie's so I always spell it that way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My absolute favorite restaurant offsite (even anywhere in the US except for Disney) is Charlie's Steakhouse. It's off of 192 towards Celebration, it's in a strip mall so it doesn't look to amazing, but it is!!! The best steaks I've ever eaten, however, it's very expensive. For my future DH and me it's around $150; it's well worth it though.

$150.00 for two steaks ? :eek:

I could almost buy my own cow !

DisneyChik17

Tony Roma's.

They closed the one that was close by us, so it's a treat to go there now. Other than that, we do mostly fast food IF we go off-site, which we RARELY do.

Piebald

KOBE steakhouse is really good. It's sort of in the Crossroads plaza. It's not a cheap place but if anyone's been there I'm sure they can agree.

Disneyfanman

When we visit with any sort of group, we always eat at Joes Crab Shack. That particular restaurant is very well run, but usually pretty crowded. It's always a GAS!

Nansafan

We don't go off property to eat since we rarely have a car with us. I didn't know there were Giordano's outside of the Chicago area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom