wheres 'your' spot in the parks?

agent86

I have a few, but my top one (strangely enough) is at Fort Wilderness. After 2 or 3 days of theme parks and crowds, I always love to spend a relaxing day at Fort Wilderness driving the Sea Raycers, going for a bike ride, canoeing along the canals, and just walking around. It's a great recharge, and I love the natural beauty.

Another of my favorite spots is in the Africa section of DAK. I love DAK because it is, IMHO, the most beautiful theme park anywhere. The Africa section is especially great because of all the intricate details on the buildings as well as the lush greenery. Its always a great spot to stop and have a bit to eat, relax and people watch.

Since1976

The Tomorrowland Terrace dining area closest to main street is a place I've spent a lot of time since 1990. There's nothing special about it really, but it's familiar and comforting.

Same with the seats by the window overlooking it's a small world in Pinocchio's Village Haus.

I also have a special affinity for the area near the red phone booth by the bathrooms in Epcot's UK.

klineski96

At a table outside of the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs in the summer morning, before a day at the parks. My wife and I eat a pastry/cinnamon roll and have orange juice at those tables every morning we get the chance to stay there. On our honeymoon and anniversary trips, we always find ourselves there in the morning, facing the lake, enjoying the view and each other's company.

One of many spots for us. But that one is nice :)

Huck

Lots of those mentioned are faves but my peaceful spot is chillin on Living with the Land. Smell of greenery, warm humid air, gentle rock of the boat and the guitar song in the video rooms! Love that song! Still can't find a download! Anyone?

Fashionista007

My #1 favorite spot is at the car barn in MK right before Spectromagic (provided the parade route starts at the car barn that night). I like to get there an hour early and just sit and eat popcorn, cotton candy, anything that's terrible for you :kiss:

Honorable Mention:
EPCOT - Mitsukoshi in the Japan pavilion. I can never leave there without dropping some dough :hammer:

Iknewagirlnamed

Top railing inside The Land overlooking the air balloons. It is extra special to me because I never knew my dad because he died when I was a baby, but he had a picture taken at that very spot in the 80's. I had the same picture taken of me in a very similar position at the same place last year. I just discovered this picture from my aunt a week ago. :(

Badger Brent

MK- Sitting at Casey's Corner outside looking at the castle change colors at dusk.

Epcot- Viewing SSE from either Italy, Germany, or Japan at sunset.

AK- Flametree BBQ eating area overlooking the water looking at EE.

HS- Waiting for Fantasmic and just listening to the pre-show music and people watching.

Resorts- Polynesian, sitting outside at night at Sunset Pointe watching wishes.

NX2I85

MK -sitting on the planter on the right just past the entrance, but before the arch. It's a great place to people watch while waiting for the MK Opening Show.

jmani56

My favorite spot is in World Showcase... The area in France where you can look out at the International Gateway/Epcot resorts, then turn around and see a nice view of World Showcase.

gustaftp

Magic Kingdom - in the old Swan Boats loading area near the rose garden. There almost NEVER is anyone down there, and it's nice and peaceful with a good view of the castle and Tomorrowland.

EPCOT - the Japanese garden. Calm and tranquil. There are a lot of little areas like this at EPCOT, but the Japanese garden is the best.

Hollywood Studios - I can't think of any "favorite ones" - this park is too narrow and crowded. The closest I can think of is in the area between the Prime Time Cafe and the entrance to the Indiana Jones ampitheater.

Animal Kingdom - they did a good job of building little nooks all over the place, but my favorite nook area is the Asia part of the park -- none in particular, I just like all of them.

hwdelien

You're gonna laugh, but the parking lots are my favorite. We don't have a lot of money and with my wife being disabled I don't see any riches in our future. We go to WDW on a shoestring budget since we have a timeshare there is no additional costs. We buy one 4-day pass each month on the month's leading up to our trip and drive down from Pittsburgh. We eat breakfast in our room before we leave and only eat one meal in the park each day. What we do is pack a cooler for lunch or dinner. With my wife's handicap, we park in the front rows of the parking lot (no tram needed) and I push her wheelchair out to the van with the kids trailing behind and we sit there and eat. We can clearly see the park (except MK) and hear all of the sounds of the park. Yet it is calm, quiet, and ,except for the occasional security guard that drives by and waves, uninterrupted. It really gives you a chance to unwind and relax before going, willingly, back to the chaos of the parks that we LOVE so much.

jonesenon4

:sohappy:i have read all the special places and agree some of them are real nice. but for me my special place is any park, resort, ride,trail,bench or resturant anywhere in wdw is special.my family and i love just being there and making new memories and special places every year. counting down the days for our next special trip 73 days and we will be checking into the beach club for 9 wonderful days of magic.:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom