Where would you want to weather a hurricane in WDW?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'd say any of the hotels/motels on site would be fine.

They're all built to withstand hurricanes and, in addition to that, you're pretty far inland.

I wouldn't want to be in Ft. Wilderness either camping or in the cabins (I think the cabins are portable). Also, with all of those trees and the fact that that area really doesn't get hit a lot there's more of a chance of downed trees which could suck if they hit your cabin, campsite, or block the road.

The "cabins" are one bedroom single wide trailers. Not the place to be in a hurricane.

Me? In a one bedroom DVC villa...because I'd have a full kitchen and it would be thoroughly stocked. And praying I don't loose power.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You'll never know... they're already boarded and safely away from people like you... Tourists hopeful of eating a giraffe though, I'm sure they taste like chicken...

Everything tastes like chicken, lol. My son in law asked what duck tastes like. I said, "chicken". :D

mousehockey37

I'd go after the ostriches... or some of the antelopes or other cattle like mammals.

You actually wouldn't go after anything. The animals are all put away. So yeah, there's that little detail.

Per the rules from the OP: ... I kind of think it's more fun to think about if you only have access to public places (can't go roaming utilidors or something, which basically gives you access to everything)

Animal housing facilities aren't public.

jessfriends

Not French quarter where I'm at now. Would like to be at yacht/beach club or contemporary since you can have access to more such as the lobby without going outside.

Beacon Joe

If I had to hunker down in a resort, it would be Shades of Green. Minimize outdoor exposure. Plenty of restaurants. Good gym to prevent going stir-crazy. Generally squared away guests I'd like to have at my side if things went really sideways.

Sheltering in an attraction? Mexico. Good meals. The Cava bar. I'd ride Rio Del Tiempo over and over and over. And there's always been something seductive about the blue bayou-esque pyramid scene, and I'd love to set up a bed roll and camp out in the jungle.

copcarguyp71

I'm just waiting for the "Disney owes me because the parks were closed and I didn't buy travel insurance" posts....they will come, oh yes they will...

If I had to wait out a hurricane and cost was not an option....Contemporary main tower

copcarguyp71

You actually wouldn't go after anything. The animals are all put away. So yeah, there's that little detail.

Per the rules from the OP: ... I kind of think it's more fun to think about if you only have access to public places (can't go roaming utilidors or something, which basically gives you access to everything)

Animal housing facilities aren't public.

27dd39065116dd636291836c3b557377bd42c8e34d83bce986e9ff4fe0e604f0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom