Where/ when will the Incredibles come into play?

DznyRktekt

Original Poster
Many rumors have been circulating about the fate of the Carousel of Progress, including the remaking of it into an Incredibles attraction. This weekend we were watching the DVD, and the part where Edna was showcasing the family's new super suits reminded me of the Carousel of Progress...at least the way the seating area moves. Could this be a part of the possible remake in the future if it is greenlit?

My mind also began to think that the Wonders of Life pavilion could be in interesting new home for them as well. The building itself looks as though it could be from the island Mr. Incredible visits. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them making an appearance in an attraction in the future.

metscool

Anything but CoP. They can redo it but anything but that. They can't put it in Tomorrowland or in Epcot because they will not fit in with the theme of the area that they are in. But they did put High School Musical in Tomorrowland.

Lee

Adventurer
Where? Tomorrowland...but not necessarily meaning that CoP has to go.

When? Maybe soon...maybe never.

dopey

Hopefully never. Has to be Pixars worst film. Its incredible how such a bad movie gets such hype.

Exactly. The same thing happens on a local level here in Chicago with The Second City. There are dozens of funnier sketch-comedy revues playing in town, but the only shows that get reviewed by theatre critics are the ones at Second City. And rarely will a Second City production get panned.

Because of its great success in the past, Pixar has a bright golden halo that blinds people to its dankest dreck. "The Incredibles" added nothing to animation; a ripoff of "The Fantastic Four," it was a mere profit play for Pixar. At least "Cars," which had an equally weak story line, could be considered a creative achievement because its animation wowed. Turning CoP into an Incredibles-themed attraction would be horrific.

Plutoboy

There were rumors at one point of an Incredibles attraction going in between COp and BUzz.....currently where the Tomorrowland Theatre is. The theatre was supposed to be toredown and then a new attraction being built.

The other rumor is that WOL was supposed to be rethemed to Toy Story. I forget all the details on that one but I recall that being the rumor heard the most.

Whether either one happens will have to remain a mystery.:confused:

tigger1968

Hopefully never. Has to be Pixars worst film. Its incredible how such a bad movie gets such hype.

Couldn't disagree more.....I found the retro look and feel to be very refreshing....and I guess since it made mega bucks.... I guess a lot of people thought so too....

I'd love to see an Incredibles ride...but not at the expense of a classic like CoP.

tigger1968

Exactly. The same thing happens on a local level here in Chicago with The Second City. There are dozens of funnier sketch-comedy revues playing in town, but the only shows that get reviewed by theatre critics are the ones at Second City. And rarely will a Second City production get panned.

Because of its great success in the past, Pixar has a bright golden halo that blinds people to its dankest dreck. "The Incredibles" added nothing to animation; a ripoff of "The Fantastic Four," it was a mere profit play for Pixar. At least "Cars," which had an equally weak story line, could be considered a creative achievement because its animation wowed. Turning CoP into an Incredibles-themed attraction would be horrific.

Wow....They still beat the pants off anything Disney Animation has cranked out lately.....Home on the Range? That Chicken Little nonsense?
Compared to the drivel coming out of Sony and SKG Pixar is miles above the rest right now.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Couldn't disagree more.....I found the retro look and feel to be very refreshing....and I guess since it made mega bucks.... I guess a lot of people thought so too....

A lot of people supported Hitler, Stalin, Moao, Karadich, so whats your point?

And how do you explain Michael Jackson and Britney

tigger1968

My point? I suppose it's that everyone has an opinion....thanks for keeping yours upbeat and family oriented....You're comparing liking The Incredibles to supporting Hitler? Have you considered switching to decaf? Lighten up dude.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My point? I suppose it's that everyone has an opinion....thanks for keeping yours upbeat and family oriented....You're comparing liking The Incredibles to supporting Hitler? Have you considered switching to decaf? Lighten up dude.....

Surprised that you can’t see my analogy about populist not always being a sign of quality. And if you read the post rather than boarding the offended bus you may have seen that.

But hey, thanks for the patronising comments dude. Id lay of the pochine if I were you.

wdwhoneymooner

The Incredibles is one of the more entertaining Pixar films IMHO. Exploring into the lives of superheros and imagining how similar their family dynamics compare to us "non-hero" folks creates an immediate connection to the characters. How many dads out there sometimes yearn for the glory days of past youth? How many stay-at-home moms always seem to referee the interactions of the kids? (As B.Cosby says, "Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!") How many kids feel awkward about themselves? The animation may not have been outstanding for Pixar, but it was enough to be entertaining.

As for the CoP aspect, I certainly hope it isn't changed for any reason. Nor do I hope it's moved to any other park, it deserves to be @ MK.

MeTa

Many rumors have been circulating about the fate of the Carousel of Progress, including the remaking of it into an Incredibles attraction. This weekend we were watching the DVD, and the part where Edna was showcasing the family's new super suits reminded me of the Carousel of Progress...at least the way the seating area moves. Could this be a part of the possible remake in the future if it is greenlit?

My mind also began to think that the Wonders of Life pavilion could be in interesting new home for them as well. The building itself looks as though it could be from the island Mr. Incredible visits. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them making an appearance in an attraction in the future.

I think I am going to be sick! :hurl:

wannab@dis

A lot of people supported Hitler, Stalin, Moao, Karadich, so whats your point?

And how do you explain Michael Jackson and Britney
Surprised that you can’t see my analogy about populist not always being a sign of quality. And if you read the post rather than boarding the offended bus you may have seen that.

But hey, thanks for the patronising comments dude. Id lay of the pochine if I were you.

I used to be amused by your posts, but lately, they aren't even slightly entertaining.

Incredibles was a great movie... a very successful movie... and rated very high with those that saw it. Sorry you didn't like it, but, then again - as the resident curmudgeon, I guess there's not much you would like.

kcnole

I'm glad I'm not the only one that took exception with him. The Incredibles was a wonderful movie, one of my favorites from Pixar. But then I do love superheros. Even if it was one of Pixar's worst movies it was still one of the best animated movies in the last several years by far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom