Where to stay?

tenchu

Original Poster
Can't afford to stay in DLP, where do i go, want to be able to get to parks and paris. Help. (Also need to get from airport) I wont be able to hire a car, too young probably.

markymark

You can get from either airport (Orly or Charlie De Gaul) using either a taxi, coach, or as we do, the train. It is relatively cheap and very reliable.

We stay in a hotel near the Champs Elyssee, for about £100 pernight, but there are soooo many places to chose from you will easily get a reasonable hotel / guest house. As far as travelling to DLP, it is about a 35 - 40 minute rail trip from the centre of Paris. Whatever you do - DON'T DRIVE!! I have never done it, but it looks a bloody nightmare, especially actually in the city centre.

tenchu

Original Poster
Cheers, I'm working on doing it budget stylee so any advice will be well received. Am i better to stay in paris or outside, nearer to DLP? If i have my way I'll be spending most of my time in DLP (My girlfriend may have something to say about that though!)

ariel84

Try to stay along RER line A, then getting to the parks is simple and easy, even if you are in central paris the trip is only 40 minutes and the DLP station is really close to the theme park entrance.

If you can afford it try to stay in a Disney hotel, they are much closer and you get park tickets included. The cheyene is reasonably priced and is an ok hotel. (avoid the terrible santa fe at all costs)

Have you actually checked out the package prices for DLP? I was surprised at how cheap they really are, considering they include unlimited park access and breakfast each morning. Look into it -- you might be better to stay at Disney for a few days, then take the train into Paris and stay in Paris for a few days. We actually stay at DLP, and take the train to Paris for a day or two -- we like the service, theming and nightlife we get at DLP and we just feel safer that way.

From Mousesaver Paris page (http://www.mousesavers.com/paris.html):
"For instance, it's possible for a couple to book a Disneyland Paris package that includes two nights at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe, unlimited admission to Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park for three days, and breakfast two mornings for only $326 total in the off-season. "

Your park passes alone for two people would cost almost $200 for 3 days. So this really would be a great deal. Not to mention you save the expense and time of riding the train each way. And the hotels are fairly nice with good transportation to/from the parks.

Happy planning!

Strawberryblond

We just went 5/22/02

My family took a road trip to France last week and the day before we left I talked my DH into a day at DLP :). Of course all of the Disney resorts were full so I booked a room at Ibis for about $50 a night for our family of four. About a 15 min. car drive from the park and it is on the train line as well. Ibis is very small rooms but clean, comfortable and safe. My DH liked Ibis so well that we stayed in one throughout our travels of France. No problems. Best of luck on your trip and saving $$.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom