Where to go? Where to go?

redfive13

Original Poster
Heading to WDW for a big family trip in September. We'll have 3 kids with us (3, 5 & 15). what restaurants/dinner shows do all think are the best for kids? Already hitting the Crystal Palace but would like 1 or 2 more options... Thanks!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hoop Dee Doo Revue is entertaining. Many of the jokes will go over the younger ones' heads, but they'll still have a great time.

Cindy's Royal Table is nice.

Anywhere there are characters.

HouCuseChickie

Part of me says -anything with characters- especially for the younger kids, but as we found- if you do too many, the kids start expecting characters everywhere.

'Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, Biergarten, T-Rex, 50's Primetime, Rainforest and Sci Fi would be good non-character choices.

erstwo

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is entertaining. Many of the jokes will go over the younger ones' heads, but they'll still have a great time.

Cindy's Royal Table is nice.

Anywhere there are characters.

Totally agree.

I just went with a group of 12 family members - 4 children under 9. Let me know if you want a link to the trip report. We had a great time and I know you will too!

redfive13

Original Poster
Totally agree.

I just went with a group of 12 family members - 4 children under 9. Let me know if you want a link to the trip report. We had a great time and I know you will too!

I would indeed lime to read your trip report... Thanks!

Anyone have thoughts on Mickeys Backyard BBQ?

loveofamouse

Trex and Rainforest are great. The kids(7, 5, and 3) just sit in awe the whole time (and freak out during the animal noise cycles).

If you can get off property, I recommend Pirates Adventure. Even my DH loved it (he declares to hate theme parks and similar entertainment)

erstwo

I would indeed lime to read your trip report... Thanks!

Anyone have thoughts on Mickeys Backyard BBQ?

Hey! - Sent you a message (in case you haven't got it!)

I've not gone to the Backyard BBQ because of 2 reasons - cost (or 2 dining plan credits) and the fact that they say the characters don't visit your table. They just perform a show.

I'm sure the show is spectacular, but for $20 per person less, I can go to Chef Mickey's and get the characters to come to my table. Just my 2 cents!

Anyone have thoughts on Mickeys Backyard BBQ?[/QUOTE]

We went to mickeys Backyard BBQ for the first time just recently and my 3 year old loved it. We got there early and pictures taken with the charcaters and he also got to get up and dance with the characters. There is also a band there playing country music and cowboys doing rope tricks. The food was good too. We are going to go there again on our September trip.

AJScooch

We went to Mickey's BBQ with our DD (16 months) back in August. It was fun but I would make sure that you get there early. It's first come, first serve seating. We got there just about the start time and wound up at the table in the front all the way in the corner to the left of the stage (looking at it). It also didn't help that there was a monster downpour while we were there, but had a good time none the less. It's fun to do once every few years but I'm not sure if it's worth repetitive visits if you go often.

Depending on the gender of your children, I would highly recommend Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at the Grand Floridian if you have little girls. It was really nice and there is a chance that they can get picked to dance the waltz with either Cindy or Prince Charming. My daughter and the other little girl we were with were chosen to dance with Prince Charming. Plus, the buffet is really great. Many different types of foods. Could be the best buffet, in terms of variety, we've been to for a dinner.

We also really like Lilo & Stitch's Ohana Breakfast. Good food and Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch.

Trex was good last time we went
sci-fi-If you go here, either sit next to one of the kids or have them in front of you. (seats go by twos and you are in a car all facing front).
Chef Mickey, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare- all character breakfasts that we enjoyed

Sari8970

Last year we went to Hollywood & Vine in DHS. They changed the characters and now it's Handy Manny, Special Agent Oso, June and Leo. My kids had a blast and it was so different from any of the other ones we'd done (Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, etc.), but don't get me wrong, we've done those too.

IMHO, Chef Mickey is awful for dinner. We did it twice and both times were extremely disappointed with the food. I've been there for breakfast and it's much better.

The character meal at 1900 Park Fare is amazing! We went when I only had 1 child and he was 1 1/2 so he didn't have any clue who Alice, the Madhatter, Mary Poppins, etc. were, but he did know Tigger and Pooh.

A lot of it really depends on what characters your kids know and like. If they like some of the newer ones I would highly recommend Hollywood & Vine. My kids got up and danced in line with the characters and marched around the room. They really had a blast. OK, maybe my little one was a little freaked out when they were right at the table, but he was like that at all of them. He loves talking about them, asking where they are and watching them, but when they came over he was a little apprehensive. I can't really blame him since they have big giant heads and he was only 1 1/2 at the time. Since he did like watching them he was extremely entertained at all the dancing and interaction they do there.

EvilQueen-T

we took my family that included my husband and myself as well as my granddaughter 5 y/o, daughter 20 y/o, and son 26 y/o to dinner at 1900 park fare. it's a buffet. the food was typical buffet food but the characters were fantastic. cinderella and the prince were as you'd expect at any character meeting but the step sisters and lady tremaine were HYSTERICAL. we all agreed that it was the most fun we had over dinner during our trip.

another thing i'd do is include the 15 y/o in at least one dinner choice. i'm thinking with two so much younger they may end up the focus of the trip...doing things that they can/want to do over the older child, so maybe give the older child a choice in there??? my kids are a little over 5 years apart so it was something we had to juggle as well.

CaptainShortty

Chef Mickey's (Not a fan of dinner but LOVE Breakfast), Whispering Canyon, Ohana (breakfast or dinner or Both!), 1900 Park Fare, Boma (If your kids are a little more adventurous in their food choices), Coral Reef, Sci-Fi Dine in Theater. You can never go wrong with somewhere with characters but I agree, don't do all character meals. They begin to loose their meaning and appeal. Happy Planning!

laxchik18

Dining with kids

i am a kid so i'll tell you the places i LOVE. hoop de doo is AWESOME!! the best. the japanese hibachi restaurant is also AMAZING. chef mickey's is great. the plaza in mk is good too.50s prime time in hws is one i love. im not crazy about the san angel but its not that bad. good luck. have a great vacation!!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom