Where to get Piece of history pins?

keithz28

Original Poster
I have a friend down in WDW right now and he is trying to get me the POH pins but he says he can't find them. Does anyone on here know where he can go to get them? He asked a cast member and they told him that those pins were cast member only and the public couldn't by them. But I know that cast member is wrong. Thanks in advance.
Keith

DCL

They are limited edition pins. Limited to 2500, I believe. So, if your friend can't find them, I would assume it is because there are no more.

tk421-sw

Yeah, they had a few at the Epcot pin station when I was there last, no more TOT ones though, maybe Muppets, but good luck with 20K- Ebay is about the only place to get them now.

DCL

tk421-sw said:
Yeah, they had a few at the Epcot pin station when I was there last, no more TOT ones though, maybe Muppets, but good luck with 20K- Ebay is about the only place to get them now.

I was on EBay the other day, and they had a couple of the 20K pins that were bidding at around 45 bucks :eek: Made me happy that I got mine the day it came out!

DanStat

If there are any left, you can order them from WDW Mail Order. They will ship them as long as they are in stock.

pat in the hat

On mail order . . .

They may have changed their policy, but I know they would not previously ship LE pins.

I have long wished that Disney would allow people to call for LE merchandise and cut down some of the ebay "black market." Let's face it, $50-60+ dollars (two 20,000 Leagues pin sold each in this price range recently) for a $12.95 (if that) pin is really pushing the non-FLA resident Disney fan (or those not fortunate enough to be in the park for each release) a bit far! :eek:

Yes, I know that if people wouldn't bid that high, then there wouldn't be a market; but if you collect certain items, it is often your only option. Also, there are ways for sellers to artificially bid up the pricing . . . and although it's discouraged greatly by ebay, it is done! I think that Disney could still make these available by phone/mail and not ruin the collector market on them!

Just my opinion . . . from one who has paid my dues on ebay! :rolleyes:

DanStat

I know what you mean, pat. I wish Disney would set up a website for their theme park merchandise. Could you imagine?

Bravesfn1

Malestrom POH pin

Does anybody know where I can pick-up the recentkly released Malestrom Piece of History Pin in the parks? Do they sell them only at Epcot or the other parks as well? I can imagine they probably sell out pretty quickly. The pin for next month is Dumbo, anybody planning to pick that one up? I think this pin collection is the best released by Disney. I am really not that big of a pin collector, but I plan on collecting them all.(I have the first three released already) I hope they do this again in 2006.

K-dub

Bravesfn1 said:
Does anybody know where I can pick-up the recentkly released Malestrom Piece of History Pin in the parks? Do they sell them only at Epcot or the other parks as well?

Bravesfn1, The Maelstrom POH pins were still available @ both Epcot Pin Station and Downtown Disney Pin Station this past Saturday. There's no telling if any remain to be had now though.

bsandersjr

20,000 leagues POH pin

I have four of them. I can't believe people are currently paying up to $75 for them. Is that the only POH pin out there that is in such a demand?

DCL

I do believe thats the only pin with such a great demand, most likely due to the fact that it's the only extinct attraction, and a fan favorite. I've checked ebay a few times, and all the other pins are going for AT MOST $25. When I see the 20K one going for $75, it makes me really happy to look to my left and see my 20K resting comfortably next to me! :lol:

Number_6

keithz28 said:
I have a friend down in WDW right now and he is trying to get me the POH pins but he says he can't find them. Does anyone on here know where he can go to get them? He asked a cast member and they told him that those pins were cast member only and the public couldn't by them. But I know that cast member is wrong. Thanks in advance.
Keith

The locations that sell them are:
The Pin Traders shop in DTD
Uptown Jewelers in MK(moved from Main Street Expo Hall)
The pin shop near the Fountain of Nations at Epcot
The Hat pin shop at The Studios
and I don't really go to AK, so I can't say for certain which shop it is there.

If he can't find them at these locations, then they are sold out. I did find a couple of Maelstrom Pins about a week ago at MK and some Muppet Vision 3D pins at the Epcot shop as well, but likely they have been all sold out by now.

Number_6

pat in the hat said:
They may have changed their policy, but I know they would not previously ship LE pins.

I have long wished that Disney would allow people to call for LE merchandise and cut down some of the ebay "black market." Let's face it, $50-60+ dollars (two 20,000 Leagues pin sold each in this price range recently) for a $12.95 (if that) pin is really pushing the non-FLA resident Disney fan (or those not fortunate enough to be in the park for each release) a bit far! :eek:

The thing is, you would just end up with the same problem. Say they alotted 1250 pins of the 2500 limited edition to web purchases. Now say they allowed the 2 per person per day limit. they would still be sold out on the first day online and people would still be selling them afterwards on Ebay. Now your guests that actually paid the money to travel to your Resort. Visit your parks, have even less of a chance of getting the "Park Exclusive" merchandise, because you sold off half of them within an hour of their release, before the crowds really started to gather in the Parks. I just wouldn't work very well.

WDW_Sam

disneyprep50321 said:
I know what you mean, pat. I wish Disney would set up a website for their theme park merchandise. Could you imagine?
I think that would be a great idea. It would be a great way to sell all the left stuff which people really want!

Sam

MKCP 1985

bsandersjr said:
I have four of them. I can't believe people are currently paying up to $75 for them. Is that the only POH pin out there that is in such a demand?
Advice: Sell NOW, repurchase later if you still want it when market drops (and it will). Anybody want to buy some really rare beanie babies? :lol:

oh yeah, I have a 20K pin, too. :animwink:

WDWScottieBoy

I've got my 20K pin sitting nicely by me, but apparently Rob couldn't find the Maelstrom pin today, so eBay is going to be my friend again. :rolleyes:

PeeplMoovr

Advice: Sell NOW, repurchase later if you still want it when market drops (and it will). Anybody want to buy some really rare beanie babies? :lol:

oh yeah, I have a 20K pin, too. :animwink:

I've been seeing them going these days for nearly $200 on ebay.
Do you think they've maxed out price-wise now?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom