Where to find Capt. Jack and the Power Rangers?

Ciciwoowoo

Are you telling me that adult women are throwing themselves at Capt. Jack (not even Johnny Depp, but a lookalike) and ruining the fun for the little ones? Shame on them! Now if it was actually Johnny Depp himself, well, then, shame on me, because I would have been one of those women!:lol:

I was just trying to convince my boyfriend to dress up like Jack. :p

Not for Halloween. Just for my personal...perusal.:animwink:

LadyM

Are you telling me that adult women are throwing themselves at Capt. Jack (not even Johnny Depp, but a lookalike) and ruining the fun for the little ones? Shame on them! Now if it was actually Johnny Depp himself, well, then, shame on me, because I would have been one of those women!:lol:

...And I would be right there with you... :D :animwink: :lol:

Punkss

and that's why I think they should get rid of the show and let him do sets. Guests want to meet him, not watch a show. Yes the show is enjoyable, but maybe let him do half & half. Half of the time do the show and half of the time do meet n greets. Disneyland has him out on set. Here is one of the most popular characters from a Disney movie in many years, that sells lots of merch and has a huge following and they decide to put him in a show. That makes no sense to me.

First you lot want no more Meet & Greets, then when they try something new, you don't want that either.

I think the show is a great idea and hope they bring more in, Stitch would make a great show. And how about Chip and Dale.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here is a picture taken on July 1st.

07_01_06POTC182.jpg

Punkss

He looks a pretty close match to me, not bad for a live actor. After all where are you going to find someone who looks like the real Johnny Depp.

I like it and like the little show concept, shame about some young ladies ruining it but hey they should have picked better looking partners!

drew81

First you lot want no more Meet & Greets, then when they try something new, you don't want that either.

I think the show is a great idea and hope they bring more in, Stitch would make a great show. And how about Chip and Dale.

Uhh I was just saying guests would like to meet him. I didn't say no more meet n greets and if you look at what I posted I said the show is enjoyable.

DisneyBride94

I could not care less about Johnny Depp! It's Captain Jack Sparrow that makes me go weak in the knees...

I can tell you right now at that I am FAR more interested in him than my children are... LOL.

I will be sorely disappointed if I can't get his autograph and a photo... I promise not to maul the poor Jack-A-Like... but I really would like a picture...

And yes, all proper respect to Johnny Depp for breathing life into Captain Jack... he would not have the following he has without Depp's interpretation of the character... but Depp as is is just a man... Captain Jack Sparrow is a legend. Remember, Captain Jack precedes Depp's performance... Captain Jack will just tell you that Johnny played him in the movies... and did a remarkable job of it to be sure. As an actor, he's plenty talented. I'll give him that... But for me, it takes the whole package. :)

Sighs...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Do they have more then one guy doing it? Because he looks much better then the guy I saw on August 19th. I'll have to upload a photo when I get home from work. The guy I saw was very round-faced and his paint-on mustache didn't help things. :/
-m
I believe that there are 2 cast members playing Captain Jack. The one I photographed is definitely the better of the two both in appearance and performance.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah your photo is certainly better looking. I decided to upload it on lunch so here's the one I saw couple weekends ago:

http://pics.livejournal.com/memoryanddream/pic/000cqkch

Really, the face was just badly "off" for me.
-m
The body is badly off as well. Johnny Depp is a pretty thin guy, which this gentleman clearly is not. I have been trying to thin down as much as possible for Halloween this year. I also need to hit the tanning booth (or my back yard) to get that sunburned look without having to use makeup or a fake tan.

MissM

The body is badly off as well. Johnny Depp is a pretty thin guy, which this gentleman clearly is not. I have been trying to thin down as much as possible for Halloween this year. I also need to hit the tanning booth (or my back yard) to get that sunburned look without having to use makeup or a fake tan.
Yeah he was definitely not the right body build or face shape for the role. His guestures were well done but....I was a little bummed honestly. :(

Because of the screen name, I have this funny mental image of Yoda dressed up with a spray-on tan as Jack. :lol: You might try the gradual lotion tanners they have now. Love uses them. Or, just spray it on the day before the party. All the tan, none of the skin cancer. :animwink:
-m

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah he was definitely not the right body build or face shape for the role. His guestures were well done but....I was a little bummed honestly. :(

Because of the screen name, I have this funny mental image of Yoda dressed up with a spray-on tan as Jack. :lol: You might try the gradual lotion tanners they have now. Love uses them. Or, just spray it on the day before the party. All the tan, none of the skin cancer. :animwink:
-m
I did the foam fake tan last year and it turned out pretty well. Much better than the pale skin I had the year before. Fortunately I tan really easily and rarely burn. I'll hit the tanning bed at my gym the day before I leave and get a little more natural sun the day of and the coloring should match very well.

metscool

Wow. That is cool to see Jack has a meet and greet. Does anyone a picture of this I need to see what he looks like so that I don't look at him werd.

MissM

Wow. That is cool to see Jack has a meet and greet. Does anyone a picture of this I need to see what he looks like so that I don't look at him werd.
Look a couple posts above yours.

Master Yoda posted this picture from July: http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h314/macleod57/07_01_06POTC182.jpg

And I posted this picture from two weeks ago:
http://pics.livejournal.com/memoryanddream/pic/000cqkch

There are at least two different CM's who play Jack. The one he saw is much better looking then the one I saw. (Who was kinda heavy-set and rounder of face.) It's a show though, not a meet-and-greet.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom