Where to enter HPW from IOA

Diane Hughess

Original Poster
I have heard that you have to enter Harry Potter Land/World in a certain spot in IOA..is it from Jurrasic Park area? Or do you walk thru the Seuss area to enter? Thanks! Just plotting my strategy!

maxairmike

It depends upon how busy the park (and WWOHP) is, on if they will only let you in one of the two entrances to the land. Unless they have changed it, if it is busy and they are actively controlling entry, expect to wait in a line that will (usually) start next to Fire Eaters where the temporary bridge still is. That bridge is only used now when they are controlling entrance to the Wizarding World due to crowds and demand. I have not heard too many reports of extended lines to get into the land this summer, but if it is an extremely busy day, I would not be surprised to see the "line" stretch back into Jurassic Park from the bridge. I also understand that they were using a sort of manual "fastpass" system at one point, though again, I do not know their current procedures.

Just be glad you're not trying this at this time last year, as the line would still stretch around IOA, literally! I was one of the crazies there for opening day with a bunch of friends (a lot of Cast Members were there, which was a rather funny thing, we thought), but we were in and out by about 1:30pm, as we had all been to at least two soft openings (I had been to five or six).

dxwwf3

I was there a week after opening and waited next to the Burger Digs to get in that morning, but I was wondering how they were operating the land now over a year later. They handed out tickets to keep your spot in line, I assume. I got lucky and was able to get in earlier once they announced if you had a certain code on the back of your ticket, you could get in early with the resort guests. The reason was because I bought my ticket through Universal Vacations I believe. I had the free Mears transport.

Anyways, later in the day, you could walk in from either entrance and most crowd control efforts seemed to be done for the day.

kal1484

I would go through Jurassic Park, it's a longer walk, but you end up closer to Forbidden Journey. The crowds are nuts, and trying to walk anywhere is close to ridiculous.

Diane Hughess

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the info!! I'm just hoping next week's movie premiere doesn't bring the throngs of visitors again!! We're going in the middle of August, mid-week, and staying at Hard Rock for early entry to make sure we can experience it. We're book-ending the trip with a 6 day Disney stay at CSR and a one night stay at the GF so we have rides to/from MCO. Best of all, my kids have NO IDEA! They think we are going to the local beach for a week, so they can pack their own bags!

JT3000

I was at the park earlier this week and the crowds were fine. Forbidden Journey had a 75 minute wait, but there was no wait to get into the land. Going the long way would be a waste of time. Just head right when you enter the park.

britlightyear

We went in January and were at the gates at opening. The CMs were directing everyone towards the Marvel area and we had to walk through the entire park that way til we got to Hogsmeade by taking the bridge from Jurassic Park. It wasn't even an option at park opening to take a shortcut through Suess Landing. I thought my legs were gonna fall off by the time we got to the Forbidden Journey because EVERYONE was basically power-walking/jogging to get there. Luckily we pretty much walked right on the ride though so it was worth it. Just make sure you don't have anything in your hand bigger and what will fit in your pocket because one lady ahead of us had her camera out and they made her get off the ride (while in the loading area) and put the camera away.

goodanu

We went in late June and it was the first thing the kids wanted to do. We got in line ready for a 70 minute wait (posted at the start) an were off the ride in 35 minutes. We were shocked so we got right back on and did the ride again. Rode again that night after dinner with 30 minute wait. The ride would be worth a 75 minute wait, it was that good. Just glad we didn't have to!

MotherOfBirds

Cut through Seussland but stay along the water of the lagoon to cut crowds and to keep from going unnecessary extra distance. From there, you just stay on the main path through Lost Continent until you see the signs. Going through Jurassic Park is definitely the longest way because from Port of Entry, HP is at the top right corner and JP is at the top left corner.

crazydaveh

I was there last night and no wait to get in. I have heard that this past week and last week they've been giving out return time tickets earlier in the morning.

I got to IOA last night around 7 and walked right through the HP area. It was crowded. The Potter ride was at a 90 minute wait, Flying Unicorn was a 15 minute wait, and Dueling Dragons (I forget what they're called now) was about a 10 minute wait. The Butterbeer lines was about 10 minutes long and the line inside the Hogshead tavern for a real beer wasn't anything to gripe about. The line for the wand shop was pretty long, probably 75 minutes I'd guess by the length.

FYI, nothing else it the park had more than a 25 minute wait at IOA last night from 7-10pm.

Have fun when you go and if it is crowded or you have to come back at a certain time, just roll with the punches and make the best of it!

Florida

I was there last night and no wait to get in. I have heard that this past week and last week they've been giving out return time tickets earlier in the morning.

I got to IOA last night around 7 and walked right through the HP area. It was crowded. The Potter ride was at a 90 minute wait, Flying Unicorn was a 15 minute wait, and Dueling Dragons (I forget what they're called now) was about a 10 minute wait. The Butterbeer lines was about 10 minutes long and the line inside the Hogshead tavern for a real beer wasn't anything to gripe about. The line for the wand shop was pretty long, probably 75 minutes I'd guess by the length.

FYI, nothing else it the park had more than a 25 minute wait at IOA last night from 7-10pm.

Have fun when you go and if it is crowded or you have to come back at a certain time, just roll with the punches and make the best of it!

I seen the sign for the return tickets also ....... not a bad idea :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom