Where to Eat?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all!

We will be enjoying a 10 day, 11 night Disneymoon this coming Fall which will include 2 full days at Universal. We've been to Universal many times but been never for more than 1 somewhat full day. Now that we're spending more time here, we would like to eat at least 1 sit down meal. Any suggestions?? (no shellfish-food allergy)

Thanks!

BJCool232

Lombard's Seafood Grille has good food and is full service. If you decide to eat there for dinner, the Cinematic Spectacular dining package is really worth it to view the fireworks show from the restaurant's lagoonside decks.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Lombard's Seafood Grille has good food and is full service. If you decide to eat there for dinner, the Cinematic Spectacular dining package is really worth it to view the fireworks show from the restaurant's lagoonside decks.
Probably not a good idea because I have a shellfish allergy that i mentioned in my OP, so if we can avoid a seafood place, that's best. Thank you though!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Great food and service. Surprisingly not amazingly expensive and the most stunning interior you can imagine. You'll spend as much time looking around (and up) as eating!
Great thanks a lot! The menu looks gooooood and you're right, great prices. We will definitely consider this place.

You seem knowledgable! Any info or thoughts on the Uni food plan?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Great thanks a lot! The menu looks gooooood and you're right, great prices. We will definitely consider this place.

You seem knowledgable! Any info or thoughts on the Uni food plan?
Not really, we haven't used the plan. As day guests we normally have breakfast at Pastamore in Citywalk, useful if you arrive before the parks open. It's basic and QS but does the job. We have found overall that its relatively easy and not too pricey to sit down and eat decently at Uni/IOA. Plus you don't need to book a billion years in advance :)

Obviously I'd also recommend The Three Broomsticks in IOA too, but given a choice I'd go for Mythos. It's an attraction in itself and for various reasons we always eat there at least once per trip.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Not really, we haven't used the plan. As day guests we normally have breakfast at Pastamore in Citywalk, useful if you arrive before the parks open. It's basic and QS but does the job. We have found overall that its relatively easy and not too pricey to sit down and eat decently at Uni/IOA. Plus you don't need to book a billion years in advance :)

Obviously I'd also recommend The Three Broomsticks in IOA too, but given a choice I'd go for Mythos. It's an attraction in itself and for various reasons we always eat there at least once per trip.
Great info thanks a lot! Ooo we LOVE Three Broomsticks!!!

disney fan 13

In USF,Louie's has some good Italian, though I always get the pizza. ;)

In IOA I would recommend Mythos,Three Broomsticks, and Confisco's (So many good options!)

Avoid Mel's and Monsters cafe though...Just trust me on that one...

djlaosc

Great info thanks a lot! Ooo we LOVE Three Broomsticks!!!

Three Broomsticks was the only place we (as Brits) could find good fish and chips on our holiday last year. T-Rex was inedible, Yorkshire Fish Company was really greasy (it was great when we went in 2005 and 2007, although in between 2007 and 2011, the Harry Ramsden name was removed, so they could have changed how they do things.) On previous trips, the fish and chips at Cookes of Dublin and a quick service place beside Jaws were horrible as well. Rose & Crown had nice fish and chips back in 2002, but we were able to just walk up and get seated back then (we then moved to YFC as it was cheaper and didn't have to place an ADR, so haven't been since).

We ate at Three Broomsticks both times we went to Universal in 2011.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom