Where to buy diecast cars from Cars movie?

mypalStitch

Original Poster
Anyone who has been there lately have any idea where to find the diecast (hotwheels type) cars from the movie Cars? Any tips on which stores you have seen them in? They are hard to get ahold of at home, and was hoping to have better luck down there! Thanks!

typhoonguy

Anyone who has been there lately have any idea where to find the diecast (hotwheels type) cars from the movie Cars? Any tips on which stores you have seen them in? They are hard to get ahold of at home, and was hoping to have better luck down there! Thanks!

Just about anywhere. Seriously, walk into any large shop (emporium, World of Disney, Mouse gear, ect). There's also a cars merchandise cart at the Studios in front of the hat stage.

mypalStitch

Original Poster
Wow, that almost sounds too easy. Today was my son's 7th bday and we spent 2 hours this morning around the mall searching for some. We are looking for the scarce ones, King, Nitroade, Leakless, Sarge etc.. They have been tough to find!

CaptainessKylie

Hi! I don't know if it's the same in the US, but i'm a disney store UK enployee and in our store we have been told that Mattel messed up with their distributions of certain cars so that may be the problem, also only a few of them were made not all of them! (we have the collectors ones that come in sets of 2, Lightning Mcqueen with King, Flo and Romone, Sally and Mater, Sarge and Sherrif(?) and i think thats it!)

that prob didnt help but I hope it does!

luckymom

I've looked for these too and they are basically non existent!!! Online you can find them if you want to pay a fortune...or refinance your house!:veryconfu
I am hoping that all that stuff will be there when we go in Oct. If anyone else has any suggestions please let me ( us) know!!!!!

mrerk

Premium Member
Wow, that almost sounds too easy. Today was my son's 7th bday and we spent 2 hours this morning around the mall searching for some. We are looking for the scarce ones, King, Nitroade, Leakless, Sarge etc.. They have been tough to find!

We got most at Target, Wal-Mart, Kaybee and Toys r Us. We ended up finding Lizzie and the Blue Dinoco McQueen at a car show. Finally had to resort to ebay for Nitroade, Leakless and the green Ramone.

bassman

hey does anyone know if you can buy the hippy campervan (sorry dont know his name,i haven't seen the film yet.....yet)out there in the states,you cant get him in britain.

mypalStitch

Original Poster
Hi ~ Thanks for the replies!
Fillmore, who is the hippie van, is available here in the states. He is sold by himself, not as a set.
Also, I just found Mack at my local ToysRUs last week. I have seen him a few other places like KBToys too.

bassman

Hi ~ Thanks for the replies!
Fillmore, who is the hippie van, is available here in the states. He is sold by himself, not as a set.
Also, I just found Mack at my local ToysRUs last week. I have seen him a few other places like KBToys too.

yaaaay!:sohappy:
fillmore rules,is he on sale in the parks of just in retail stores?.

mypalStitch

Original Poster
yaaaay!:sohappy:
fillmore rules,is he on sale in the parks of just in retail stores?.

I have only seen him, actually only seen him once, in a retail store. I am leaving in the morning for WDW, so I can update this next week if he, or any others, can be found in the park!

DisneyBride94

I have had a heck of a time finding any Cars diecast models...or just plain matchbox style car... it has been a pain... I hope we can find some when we get to WDW.

I got my son the racetrack set for his birthday in late June--it comes with only one race car (Lightening, of course) and I have been unable to find him a challenger to race... anyone know where I can get another car for the Piston Cup 500 racetrack? None of the stores have had any product in...

My kids have been playing with the McDonald's happy meal toys...but we coudln't get Mater through that route either... My 2 year old LOVES Mater.

We have Filmore from McD's...he's cool....gotta love George Carlin.

mypalStitch

Original Poster
Ok, just got back and we were able to find all except Lizzie and Sarge. They are nowhere to be found! Also, Nitroade and Leakless were hard to find too.
The Emporium at the MK gets the most shipped to them, so I was told, and then MouseGear at Epcot had a bunch too. I was told at MouseGear that this was their last shipment for a month and a half. Downtown Disney only had Lightning McQueen, and they told me they hadn't gotten any for weeks. So I would check MK first thing in the morning. That would be your best bet!

rbrower

Yeah, they have them at a lot of places.
I loved Cars! My favorite is Mater! I went to the world premierre of it and I haved loved the movie ever since that.

chrisclarke

Pixar Cars Playsets

Hi everyone

I am in the UK and my kids just love Cars the movie. We have just about everything you can think of. I managed to get 3 of the 4 playsets except for the V8 cafe which I have been told does not meet our ridiculous British safety standards. Well, you can imagine, the kids want this one more than any of the others!

I looked on eBay but everyone knows how difficult they are to get hold of in UK and any that are listed are ridiculous prices. I was wondering if any of you kind folk might be prepared to locate one in the US and kindly ship it to UK to keep my little ones happy. I know it is a big ask but I would pay upfront obviously and don't mind paying for your time and effort. I don't think they cost the amount that eBayers are selling them for.

Any other suggestions as to where I might be able to purchase one, possibly via internet, would be welcome.

Perhaps I can be of similar assistance to other members. I noticed that one of you was after Macdonalds Mater, I have one of those. Any others that we have in abundance over here I would be more than happy to help out with if I can.

Thanks

Chris

jayne

Disney pixar v8 Flo's cafe

Hi,Yes I am also looking for the V8 Flo's cafe playset.You can only get the other 3 here in the UK.My son has put it on his Christmas list so I'm looking everywhere.Ebay is too expensive people are just being greedy and selling them well over what they are worth.It retails for $20.00 at walmart in the states so I won't be paying more than £25.00.I think Toysrus will be the first to stock it hopefully soon.I'll let you know if I find one.Jayne

jinty21

Flo V8 Cafe

Let me know how you get on as we are having the same issue - I agree e-bay is just showing ridiculous prices.:brick: I feel britian are being their usual over protective

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom