Where Sould The Indiana Jones Ride Be?

Where sould The Indiana Jones Adventure be?

• Adventureland

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Asia in AK

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Disney/MGM Studios

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

JLW11Hi

I read somewhere that Indy was suppoed to go in MGM originally, They put the Stunt Show in "temporarily", but it got good reviews with the guests so it stayed, and I suppose due to budget cuts, they never did get to putting the ride in MGM.

Remember, just because the other Indy rides have the same track, doesnt mean they cant make a new one for a WDW version. That way it could be in AK with Dinosaur and not compare to it. Still, I like the idea of putting it in MGM

Jammin2054Slamm

Indy should go in Disney/MGM Studios

HI:D

A Indy ride should go in the Studios right behind the stunt show. it could be like a post show or something like that.

They can make a new ride veicule for the ride like a indy ride car but in a boat form were you can drive on land then go in to a boat on your mission. To cross over water to get to what you need to get on the mission or you could choose a less adventurous mission.

Now that would be cool won't it!!:D

imagineersrock

i think those are some great points dxwwf3.
i mean, sure that area ofthe park (mgm) is great with all those e-ticket attracions, but i agree, the park is really, well, lob-sided you could call it. sunset blvd really gets all the attention, and an attraction on the opposite side of the park would really begin to level the park out a bit.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Steven Spielburg wants his old pal George Lucas, who helped him in the other Indy films, to help him with this one. But George wants to finnish up the last Star Wars movie.

oh Lord, let's just hope he doesn't want Lucas to help direct! he's fine as a producer, but he's honestly not that great of a director! Spielburg on the other hand...has had his ups and downs, but overall, of course, great!

mickey04

Maybe they could get a country somewhere in the world to sponsor it and put it in World Showcase as part of Project Gemini. (well, ya never know, it could happen :lol: :lol: )

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by dxwwf3
Ill first give my reasons against AK and MK. The Animal Kingdom really in actuality needs a ride BETTER than Indy. Now before everyone goes bonkers on me let me explain :lol: With Dinosaur being toned down (still unforgivable in my opinion) and Kali River Rapids while extremely fun, somewhat tame, the AK really needs a THRILL ride. Something, in my opinion since the CTX-Dinosaur change, that it completely lacks. An inverted coaster, flying coaster, drop ride, etc.... is what AK needs right now more than anything. Indy would fit wonderfully in the MK but in my opinion they should focus KEEPING the attractions already there (Alien Encounter (in its current form), Timekeeper, and Carousel of Progress come to mind) before worrying about building new ones.

So now why I voted for MGM. With the Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and at night Fantasmic all in basically the same area there is always a major clog in Sunset Blvd. There also seems to be a little bit of crowd decline at Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3-D, and to a lesser extent Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectatular. So what if the new Star Tours film and a new Indiana Jones ride opened around the same time. I believe we would see MUCH better park crowd flow. It would probably increase attendence at the attractions mentioned aboe and that would also increase attendence in the attractions in between (Sounds Dangerous, Great Movie Ride, if something finally goes into the ABC Theatre :lol: ). I really think that addition would really benefit MGM more than any other park right now so they could focus their attention on boosting AK and Epcot attendence over the next 10 years or so. In a way it would sort of "complete" MGM for the near future. Anyone else agree with me on my points?

I really do. Those make tons of scence, and they're good ideas too!:wave: Although, I think that if they put an Indiana Jones Adventure in MGM, they might get rid of the current stunt show. Well, not completely. I will stay a stunt show, but with a different theme. Like a Lord of the Rings Stunt Show!:D And, if any real Imagineers are reading, :lookaroun *cough* Lord of the Rings Stunt Show! *cough* *HINT* *HINT*:D

mickey04

And, if any real Imagineers are reading, :lookaroun *cough* Lord of the Rings Stunt Show! *cough* *HINT* *HINT*:D

I know people have been hinting throughout the thread about a Lord of the Rings Stunt Show, but does Disney own the right to it? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure.

WDWKing

Originally posted by mickey04
I know people have been hinting throughout the thread about a Lord of the Rings Stunt Show, but does Disney own the right to it? I didn't think so, but I'm not sure.

Umm, the only people that have been 'hinting' at a LOTR stunt show were regular people like you and I. No Imagineers. If they did hint at it, they'd probably lose their job. It was just an idea by someone on the board. Sorry for acting like a jerk, but I had to tell you the truth.

Edit - I'm also pretty sure Disney has nothing to do with LOTR. Can anyone confirm? I know it's New Line Cinema, but I don't know their affiliation with Disney.

Brett

I'm going with Adventureland. It seems logical that a copy of the Disneyland ride should be located in the same place as the Walt Disney World version.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWKing
Umm, the only people that have been 'hinting' at a LOTR stunt show were regular people like you and I. No Imagineers. If they did hint at it, they'd probably lose their job. It was just an idea by someone on the board. Sorry for acting like a jerk, but I had to tell you the truth.

Edit - I'm also pretty sure Disney has nothing to do with LOTR. Can anyone confirm? I know it's New Line Cinema, but I don't know their affiliation with Disney.

Well, Disney had nothing to do with Star Wars and most of the movies in the great movie ride, so how did we get them?

ArnyVee

I think that MGM could use something other than just the Rock N' Rollercoaster and Tower.

I was there this weekend and there was hardly anything to do after you got those two done. Especially since the Great Movie Ride is in rehab.

WDWKing

Well, Disney had nothing to do with Star Wars and most of the movies in the great movie ride, so how did we get them?

Most of the movies were produced by MGM.

I also agree with what Arny Vee had to say about MGM. What's next for this park. It needs more, but not as bad as AK.

mickey04

Originally posted by WDWKing

Sorry, I didn't actually mean to imply that they were Imagineers or associated with Disney in any way. Maybe hinting wasn't the best word, I guess. What I meant was, that many regular people had been mentioning this LotR stunt show and I didn't think Disney had anything to do with LotR, so i was wondering why they would even bring it up as speculation. Sorry if any of you got the wrong idea there.

dxwwf3

I really do. Those make tons of scence, and they're good ideas too!:wave: Although, I think that if they put an Indiana Jones Adventure in MGM, they might get rid of the current stunt show. Well, not completely. I will stay a stunt show, but with a different theme. Like a Lord of the Rings Stunt Show!:D And, if any real Imagineers are reading, :lookaroun *cough* Lord of the Rings Stunt Show! *cough* *HINT* *HINT*:D

Thanks for the kind words. A while back there were some major rumors about a James Bond stunt show. I think that the Paramount parks lost licensing of the 007 franchise so I could definately see that coming. To me a James Bond show would be the best possible fit. It would appeal to young and old alike more than a LOTR show would. Of course I really don't care as long as Indy got built :animwink:

Glasgow

MGM, without question. Put it beside Indy Stunt Show or replace the stunt show, or just make a mini version of the stunt show at the beginning of the ride. I don't think they can really get away with similarly themed rides in two differnt parks at WDW (MGM/MK, for example)

This may all be moot though because it'll probably never happen, but that's the point of wishing I guess!

mickey04

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Thanks for the kind words. A while back there were some major rumors about a James Bond stunt show. I think that the Paramount parks lost licensing of the 007 franchise so I could definately see that coming. To me a James Bond show would be the best possible fit. It would appeal to young and old alike more than a LOTR show would. Of course I really don't care as long as Indy got built :animwink:

I agree completely. i think James Bond would lend itself much more easily to be adapted to a stunt show- its action is much more about stunt work than LotR where the action is more about huge battles and long journeys, which wouldn't work as well on 1 stage.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickey04
I agree completely. i think James Bond would lend itself much more easily to be adapted to a stunt show- its action is much more about stunt work than LotR where the action is more about huge battles and long journeys, which wouldn't work as well on 1 stage.

A James Bond show would be interesting.:)

dox

First off, thanks imagineerboy for the link to the site about DisneySea that was great. What a disappointment we don't have Pooh's Hunny Hunt in WDW. Very cool looking, esp. when the entire tigger room begins to bounce and the way the cars don't ride on any track.

Let me begin by saying we are never going to see an Indy ride at WDW. I seriously doubt it. As we've learned just because a ride is built in one park doesn't necessarily mean it is built again elsewhere, e.g. the japan Pooh ride is a pale comparison to the WDW. If that were the case we would have seen Indy a long time ago. I'm guessing imagineers figured they would build Dinosaur instead. I like Dinosaur but what i've heard and seen from the indy ride in japan and in CA, dinosaur isn't nearly as good. I like Dinosaur and i find the ride alot better now than the first year i rode it.

That being said I wish they would build it, in either of 3 parks. I for one hate the stunt show. Well let me paraphrase i hate the stopping and going on that show and the fact there is no story line but "how to do stunts" stunt show. As for those who think park customers would feel it is identical to dinosaur, ....only those of us on this board would be aware of the similarity. The reality is it would escape most people's attention and they wouldn't even care. we do have two simulator rides at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom