Where should we stay?

m3k3chandler

We are a family of 5 to 6 travelling to WDW this year & I am just wondering where we should stay. I want us to be in the same room. Kids are 16, 5, 4 & 2. I am leaning towards Riverside but would like the cost savings to stay in a value resort but I think that will make me have two rooms. Any thoughts? Thanks,.

DisneyJoe

Your only option at a value resort for a single room are the All-Star Music Family Suites, but that will cost you more than 2 rooms at a value resort and more than Riverside - but you get a kitchenette...

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The I would agree with the previous poster who recommended the AS Family Suite, although that may still be crowded for a family your size. If you don't need a kitchenette, then I would suggest two connecting rooms. You could still request a small refridgerator if the little one needs their cup of milk first thing in the morning like mine did. :)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

we do want to stay onsite. i just couln't remember if we had to count the baby. or if they made exceptions with very young children.

Most Disney rooms accommodate 4 people plus 1 child under the age of 3 in a crib; Riverside will do 5 + infant - but it would be tight. Family Suites accommodate 6 people - but you will pay more for the Family Suite than you would pay for 2 value resort rooms or for Riverside.

Upvote 0

m3k3chandler

Original Poster
we stayed in riverside in march of 09 & loved it. since most of our kids are small it seemed roomy for us. we stayed at all star sports sept 09 but we had two rooms but the cost was offset because my inlaws stayed with us. i guess we will be back at riverside. i can't find anyplace else that can compare cost wise.

Upvote 0

Walt Disney1955

The resort we have stayed at every time we go is Westgate. It is 2 miles, literally 2 miles if that, from the entrance of Disney World. Beautiful resort too. It is down the I-92 so it's a stone throw from all of the restaurants down that strip (Cracker Barrel, Golden Corral, Olive Garden, Ponderosa etc.). Plus you're close to the other parks too. Universal is 15 minutes away, as is Sea World. Highly recommended if you don't plan on being on the WDW grounds. There is a Disney booth right near the front desk with a Disney rep. that sells tickets and has all the inside tips to the parks as well

Upvote 0

dizzney

Try Fort Wilderness, smetimes you can get a good price there and you would have plenty of room. Alternatively you could see if you could rent in Old Key West or Sarasota Springs - both DVC resorts but you may be able to get a good rate and they would ahve the room for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom