"Where Magic Lives" Commercials

wild01ride

Original Poster
Maybe everyone has already noticed already, but since I spend so much time here, I barely check out disneyworld.com anymore.

However, today I noticed that on the right hand side of the screen, not only is there an animation reminiscent of the "Where Magic Lives" Commercials, but there is a link to a page where you can download five of the current Commercials (although the "Little Souvenir" commercial-my favorite- is unfortunately not available) in Quicktime format.

Maybe this is old news, but I got a kick out of it and, like I'm sure many of you do too, I like to archive Disney stuff on my computer for later viewing (and you download these files rather than watching streaming media- Bonus!:D )

Goofyfan

I do not believe I have seen the "souvenir" commercial. Curious now to see it! My faves are the "brother/sister" one watching illuminations and the one with the little girl and the firefly "tinkerbell". They are cute and when I first saw them I swear I could've teared up!!!!! :cry:

MajinBuu

I dont think the "little souvenir" commercial was a part of the current commercial slot.

Anyway, has anyone seen the balding beer-belly ______________ in his gut, trying to impress Cinderella, then his wife comes back from getting a snack or something? Its right up there with the "little souvenir!!!!"

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by Goofyfan
I do not believe I have seen the "souvenir" commercial. Curious now to see it! My faves are the "brother/sister" one watching illuminations and the one with the little girl and the firefly "tinkerbell". They are cute and when I first saw them I swear I could've teared up!!!!! :cry:

It is cute/funny- it's definitely got quite an adult tone to it:

A little girl and her Mom get on the elevator with a bunch of people and she starts talking about Disney World. A guy asks the woman "Did you just get back?" to which she replies, "No, it was a year ago"

Then the little girl, telling everyone in the elevator, says [pointing to the stroller], "This is my little brother Joe, but Mom calls him the little souvenir." The mother then says as they exit the elevator "Well, we obviously all had a good time!"

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by MajinBuu
Anyway, has anyone seen the balding beer-belly ______________ in his gut, trying to impress Cinderella, then his wife comes back from getting a snack or something? Its right up there with the "little souvenir!!!!"

This is the one referred to as "Prince Charming" on disneyworld.com

orangefan15

All the commercials are great! I just love Disney commercials...they always seem to do such a good job. The "little souvenir" one is one of the best commercials I've seen recently for anything. I always get a little laugh out of it.

wild01ride

Original Poster
I saw the "little souvenir" one several times without pating attention to the little girl and one time I sat and payed attention to the whole thing- I almost ______'d myself!:lol:

It's funny as heck (almost scandalous) that Disney went "there"!

celestia

little souvenire is one of my old favorites (it's been around awhile here at least, almost a year) It's so true though ;) hehe

My alltime favorites right now though will have to be 'prince charming' and also the brother and sister illuminations one :)

They are all so amazing though! i get choked up every time i watch one *sigh* :)

MKCustodial

Also, in case you haven't noticed, there's a "Where the Magic Lives" screensaver available at disneyworld.com as well. It's realy cute, even though it doesn't have sound.

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by MKCustodial
Also, in case you haven't noticed, there's a "Where the Magic Lives" screensaver available at disneyworld.com as well. It's realy cute, even though it doesn't have sound.

Thanks- I hadn't noticed that!:D

mwitkus

I love the "little souvenir" commercial! It was actually a big joke last year at my office before I surprised my hubby with a trip to Disney... Everyone kept saying I would be coming home with a "little souvenir" of my own... :lol:

(for those of you who are wondering - i didn't.... :( )

TravisMT81

The phrase "Where Magic Lives" is going to be on our nametags and on welcome banners as well...after they take the 100 years stuff down.

wild01ride

Original Poster
I rather like the "Where the Magic Lives" slogan.

It's kinda the best/simplest way to describe the feeling that you get from WDW!

Dwarful

I have to say I love the "little souvineer" one..but thats partially because when we went to wdw for our honeymoon we came home with our own little souvineer..so every time I see that commercial it makes me remember our wonderful honeymoon and all the great trips we have had to WDW since then!

wild01ride

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dwarful
I have to say I love the "little souvineer" one..but thats partially because when we went to wdw for our honeymoon we came home with our own little souvineer..so every time I see that commercial it makes me remember our wonderful honeymoon and all the great trips we have had to WDW since then!

That's really wonderful. My girlfriend and I will take our first major vacation (lots of $=major, I guess) in about a year to WDW. However, we would prefer no souvenirs on this trip!:lol: /:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom