Where is this ride?

calway

Original Poster
The last time I went to Disney World I rode a ride every time, I thought, in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrow Land.
It was NOT the people mover up above the crowd, but an indoor fast type roller coaster with a little drop that traveled in the dark. The building you entered had quite a large queue in which you had to weave around to get to this ride. I thought it was called Transit Authority..not the people mover.
I'm returning the last week in March and can't find it when I zoom in on the Magic KIngdom map. I see they changed the name of the people mover and am wondering if my favorite ride is gone and it's name passed on to the people mover. Does anyone know what ride I'm referring to?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
FYI, the Peoplemover (The original name) changed names to the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA) in the 1994 redo, but recently changed its name back to the TTA Peoplemover.

That ride goes through the space mountain building.

Weather_Lady

The PeopleMover's full name is the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover (it hasn't been changed significantly or removed -- the name has simply shifted around a bit), and that is the slow-moving ride that travels above and around Tomorrowland. You sit in a squarish vehicle with no restraints, and board in a covered (but not indoor) area reached via escalator.

It should not be confused with nearby Space Mountain, an indoor rollercoaster in a dark building in which you are propelled around in a faux rocket at teeth-chattering speeds, after passing through a winding indoor queue. I'm sure that Space Mountain is the "indoor fast type roller coaster" you describe.

250px-Space_Mountain_January_2012_Magic_Kingdom_Nighttime.JPG

Tribritt

Sp
The last time I went to Disney World I rode a ride every time, I thought, in Magic Kingdom's Tomorrow Land.
It was NOT the people mover up above the crowd, but an indoor fast type roller coaster with a little drop that traveled in the dark. The building you entered had quite a large queue in which you had to weave around to get to this ride. I thought it was called Transit Authority..not the people mover.
I'm returning the last week in March and can't find it when I zoom in on the Magic KIngdom map. I see they changed the name of the people mover and am wondering if my favorite ride is gone and it's name passed on to the people mover. Does anyone know what ride I'm referring to?
Space mountain!

Marc Gil

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Space Mountain.

You see, the Peoplemover previews some of the attractions found in Tomorrowland. One of the stops is Space Mountain. Space Mountain is the indoor roller coaster in Tomorrowland and the Peoplemover goes inside it.

My parents told me a story very similar to what you posted. When they first visited MK, they rode the Peoplemover thinking it would be a tame ride (which it is).

When they reached Space Mountain, my Mom started freaking out because she actually thought that they were going on Space Mountain, when in reality they were still on the Peoplemover.

Anyway, she felt a little stupid once they exited the ride.

NYwdwfan

It does sound like Space Mountain - but be aware before you ride that it's is a bit more extreme than "a little drop".

R W B

When was the last time you went to Disney World?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom