Where is this ride?

janoimagine

It does sound like Space Mountain - but be aware before you ride that it's is a bit more extreme than "a little drop".
Not after they added the trim brakes ... they might as well of had put a big neon sign up or a bulls eye that said slow down, that would have been less obvious than the current effect the brakes have on the drop.

Goofyernmost

What's wrong with these people?

Space is a bit jerky, but otherwise a tame coaster! No need to slow it down and strip away the fun!
What's wrong with these people are guests complaints about it. Otherwise, we know Disney wouldn't ever spend the money to do something that didn't need to be done. Heck, it's hard enough for them to spend money for things that absolutely have to be done. Couple complaints (the initial reason) with the legal office and Bam you get brakes on a roller coaster.

To get to the OP, however, I don't know of any ride other then PoTC that had just one drop and one drop does not a roller-coaster make. I think that there is a confusion of rides in this scenario. Thinking of one ride and putting in elements from another. That will make it very hard to put a finger on. Space Mountain is fast and no matter how "tame" it is, there is more then one drop and plenty of twists and turns. PoTC has one drop but it is a water ride and except for the drop it is very slow. Nothing I can think of even close to matches the description, now or before.

Matt_Black

Brakes or not, it still feels fast to me. Granted, it's no RnR (which nearly caused to scream the Lord's name in vain the first time I rode. "JEEEEE... WHIZ!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom