Where is this Disneyland Poster From?

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
IMG_0140.JPG

I found this poster today and immediately had to buy it. It looks amazing, but I have no clue where it came from, where it was used, or what year it was released. Google hasn't been any help, so I figured my next best resource would be the merchandise forum ;)

If anyone has any information on it, please let me know!

Last edited:

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
I was just browsing through Ebay, and I stumbled across this exact poster. I immediately recognized it from this thread. The seller doesn't really explain where it originates from though, other than that it is at least 15 years old. :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneyland-Castle-Mickey-Minnie-Goofy-Pluto-Dumbo-18-x-24-Vintage-new-poster/152168965695?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid=888007&algo=DISC.MBE&ao=1&asc=39240&meid=05f426ba42124d6380f06dc148619cbc&pid=100009&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=331975006619

Well that's a start! Thanks for showing me :p

Figments Friend

@TheOrangeBird01 -

These posters were sold in the Parks and through Park Merchandising in the 1980s.
There were two versions produced, for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

I have the WDW version of this same poster that I bought through WDW's Merchandise mail order catalog in 1988...or around that time.
It is the exact same image, but with a different Castle graphic and different text...of course.
I actually prefer the Disneyland version, as the Castle 'fits' the size of the image better to my eye.

Always thought it was a nice image!
Gotta love Minnie's camera....
;)

-

Last edited:

TheOrangeBird01

Original Poster
@TheOrangeBird01 -

These posters were sold in the Parks and through Park Merchandising in the 1980s.
There were two versions produced, for both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

I have the WDW version of this same poster that I bought through WDW's Merchandise mail order catalog in 1988...or around that time.
It is the exact same image, but with a different Castle graphic and different text...of course.
I actually prefer the Disneyland version, as the Castle 'fits' the size of the image better to my eye.

Always thought it was a nice image!
Gotta love Minnie's camera....
;)

-

Thank you so much! I'd be interested to see the Disney World version as well :)

Time to do some more research!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom